Wrapper glue

Any recommendations for a good cigar wrapper glue? I have a few sir winnies with tears near the feet. Also for those who have used cigar glue, would it be more useful to apply before smoking or would I be able to repair and let age?

thanks in advance. Here are some pics of the wrapper damage I’m speaking toward. 

DDED58BF-73AE-425F-88B0-264A05709AD5.jpeg

9D5DC5DD-F987-4561-A0C7-EB28F5F76376.jpeg

F47D209B-2EC6-4B71-BB3F-C77BB8BAB111.jpeg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Bri Fi said:

would it be more useful to apply before smoking or would I be able to repair and let age?

I'd repair before aging. Splits and cracks can worsen if there's any temp/rH variation. The glue itself is totally benign. Similar glue is used on bands and the cigar itself during rolling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

Yep. perfec repair is a wonderful thing... ive glued up some serious damage much more than yours with no issues. My only complaint, it comes in too small a bottle ?

Same here.  Has worked wonders on filling and holding splits just like this one for me.  

3 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'd repair before aging. Splits and cracks can worsen if there's any temp/rH variation. The glue itself is totally benign. Similar glue is used on bands and the cigar itself during rolling.

I just got in a few sticks with split wrappers, likely from a long transit time. Would you let them sit for a few weeks to stabilize before patching, or repair right away?

39 minutes ago, Shrimpchips said:

I just got in a few sticks with split wrappers, likely from a long transit time. Would you let them sit for a few weeks to stabilize before patching, or repair right away?

Don't really know, but to coin a phrase from the sometimes-right Ben Franklin, "a stitch in time. . . "  I think I'd go at it early.  The glue is pretty soft and flexible.  If it contracts a little, I'd bet you're good while the opposite may not be true.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rcarlson said:

Don't really know, but to coin a phrase from the sometimes-right Ben Franklin, "a stitch in time. . . "  I think I'd go at it early.  The glue is pretty soft and flexible.  If it contracts a little, I'd bet you're good while the opposite may not be true.  

I'd agree completely. Letting a cigar acclimate by definition changes temp and rH, and damage never gets better--only worse.

Bermocoll 320. A little bit goes a long way, no taste whatsoever, dries reasonably quickly. 

I like to repair cigars ahead of time, but will let them dry out a bit out in the open before putting them back in the humidor just to give that excess moisture a chance to dissipate. 

• Thanks 3

Fruit Pectin is what I use also. Never notice any issues using it. You can purchase various places, such as grocery store, but I purchase the dry version and just mix up a small amount at a time.  

John

• Thanks 1

I am going to try perfec repair this evening in some pretty badly beat up partagas salamons that seemed to have popped from unstable humidity during long transit time. I'll post pics and let yoy know how they turn out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20210105_182056.jpg.5dfb34807ed6668bdf172360c06eaafe.jpg

Five of the 10 were pretty beat up despite no obvious box damage. 20210105_182059.jpg.5f6ad8128ec5805c1603ff20803dca75.jpg

Unclear as to cause, as they look like they were dropped on the heads. Perfecrepair to the rescue. I hope. 20210105_182626.jpg.d115e6a1537fab317ac92a7dd134a6c8.jpg

Looks like it held them together but won't know until I smoke them after a long rest. 20210105_182857.jpg.1d7be162e851ec8ed147ae6e01f09b5a.jpg20210105_182407.jpg.7bc764890f4aff2c3bbd4e48e272e55d.jpg

• Thanks 2

I had a box of Mag46 tubos that look nearly identical. Most smoked fine after gluing and letting them re-rest for an extended period to let all that extra moisture from the glue wick out.

I had considered sacrificing one of the sticks for wrapper pieces to glue over the really bad cracks. Happy that I didn’t have to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2