Cigar related cat names?

I like Lusitania (Lucy) and Esmerelda the best.  I think they both fit.

Then again...  Instead of naming her after a marca, how about "Marca"?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Those eyes...I’d name her Jade

I'd think that Candela in the cigar theme.... good call though!

Yes! Definitely Candela! Do it!

• Like 2

got it.........

Ashley.

it's a cat. not like the damned thing will EVER respond to a name.

I still like Wurfless...........because cats are............

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, looseleaf said:

Until one hears the scritching of a rodent somewhere in the house and then the cat-less are like, “Do we know anybody who has a cat we can borrow?”

You can borrow our cat anytime you like. No need to return...

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, garbandz said:

got it.........

Ashley.

it's a cat. not like the damned thing will EVER respond to a name.

I still like Wurfless...........because cats are............

Every cat I ever had (which is a lot) responded to their name and came when you called it (unless there were some extenuating circumstances, like they were asleep).  When cats are in an environment with a lot of human interaction they're very responsive to their humans' verbalizations (and moods).

5 minutes ago, Deeg said:

Every cat I ever had (which is a lot) responded to their name and came when you called it (unless there were some extenuating circumstances, like they were asleep).  When cats are in an environment with a lot of human interaction they're very responsive to their humans' verbalizations (and moods).

I think this article's title sums it up:

"Cats May Recognize Their Own Names—but It Doesn’t Mean They Care"

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/cats-may-recognize-their-own-names-it-doesnt-mean-they-care-180971892/#:~:text=A team of researchers found,other words in a series.&text=However%2C the cats perked back,and not the cat's owner.

Edit:

"It also doesn’t mean your cat is likely to come when you call. While some cats responded to their names by turning their heads or moving their ears, fewer than 10% actually got up to move toward the sound. “Cats are just as good as dogs at learning,” John Bradshaw, a biologist at the University of Bristol who was not involved in the study, told Colin Barras of Nature News & Comment. “They're just not as keen to show their owners what they've learned.”"

While I agree with parts of that, it doesn't match my personal experience.

Biology has a lot to do with this.  Dogs are pack animals, whose social structure revolves around subservience to the leaders of the pack.  Cats are not (with the exception of lions).  Having lived with many cats and dogs and being someone who loves both, that plays out in what I've seen.  Cats are just as smart (smarter on average IMO), and just as affectionate, but they view humans more as interesting roommates.  Dogs defer to them as literally their masters.  Unfortunately there's a lot of hostility towards cats as that aspect of their nature is often misunderstood.  And it's part of a cat's makeup that if it doesn't receive a lot of affection and interaction with a human, it will reciprocate in kind.

• Like 1

quite sure my cats know their names.

they just don't give a damn, and prove it daily.

" Every cat I ever had (which is a lot) responded to their name and came when you called it "

check closely,I think you may have had dogs..................:idea:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

There was also discussion of calling it peepee kitty. My daughter has a stuffed cat doll when she was little tgat she she dropped in the toilet. It was one of her favorites. We called it peepee kitty thereafter. Oddly the same colors.