New humidor teething problems

StogiePunk

Hi! First time posting and I did look but couldn't find an answer so sorry if this has been covered before. I will also say a lot here because I want you to have all the facts...

I've just stepped up from a 20 stick desktop to a 100 stick Adorini Chianti, which finished seasoning last night (with four 60g boveda seasoning packs)

I moved my dwindled post-christmas supply of 17 cigars in straight away along with four 65% packs, one on each shelf and the fourth behind the shelves, vertically up the back wall but still technically sat at the bottom. I have three hygros: one Caliber IV and one butler, both recently calibrated, and the adorini deluxe hair hygrometer which came with the unit and they claim should be completely accurate out of the box unless it suffered high impact during transit. 

It's been about 14 hours and the hygros have been settling roughly around 70-72%. 

The room it's in fluctuates between a high of 66f during the day and a low of around 58f at night, but this fluctuation is a very gradual one. We don't like it too warm! 

Ignoring the analog hygro for a moment... About half an hour ago I was getting a reading of 68% on the bottom shelf from my Butler and 72% on the top shelf from the Caliber IV. I swapped them round and now am getting 70% from the Caliber on the bottom and 73% from the Butler on top. It's currently 62f in the room. 

My question is: will it take more time for the boveda to settle down to the 65% on the packet due to the seasoning? And can I do anything to balance the difference between shelves? 

Thanks for reading! 

22 minutes ago, mrmessy said:

Patience. Need time for everything to level out. One hygro should do it. I prefer the wireless ones so you don't keep opening the humi.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Thanks! I think I just needed reassurance that I was being impatient haha. It's still sat at 72% which is frustrating me but I'm sure it will settle. I'll leave it well alone.