Real Skinnies (as of January 2021)

In no particular order, CCE, MDO4, Monte Especial No2 and PLMC would my favorites.  Wish there were more skinnies out there and I think many other people feel the same way.  Far too many big RG sticks being produced nowadays IMO and that's probably a big fault of trying to cater to the US (and other) markets.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JY0 said:

I thought I saw that the PL Panetella was discontinued?

I believe it was discontinued in 2019. I think CCW hasn't updated it yet.

Edit: It's sometimes tough to tell what is and what isn't discontinued. Fonseca No. 1 is technically discontinued but still being produced. LGCMDON4 is technically in production but no one has seen any in years.

5 hours ago, Pharmacovigilant said:

Thank you Bijan for compiling this list! A great reference and a great topic.

I absolutely love the long skinnies format in general, but my favorites are PLMC, MDO4 and Monte Esp 2’s...

09074ECA-783F-477C-954B-E78ACE2D284E.jpeg.3acaf3f836afb47e455c9628243e065a.jpeg

PLMC are a staple in my humidor. MDO4 would be too if they were more readily available. Monte Esp2 are good too, but I really miss the 1's.

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to Real Skinnies (as of January 2021)

As a follow up to the two other posts on medium and heavy ring gauge cigars looking at the new releases in the skinnies only the Cohiba Exquisitos, Monte open junior and RyJ Julietas released in this category after the 1960s as new releases and only the Exquisitos as a real premium release. Sad days for skinny lovers.

9 hours ago, IanMcLean68 said:

I really miss the 1's.

The 1s have been produced as recently as 2019 for sure.    Hopefully they will make a comeback in the New Year.    Here is a review of the Nov 2019 edition:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cairo said:

The 1s have been produced as recently as 2019 for sure.    Hopefully they will make a comeback in the New Year.

At least one vendor has them in stock right now. They just raised the price slightly from a week or two ago so I don't know if that means they're selling out...

2 minutes ago, Cold Smoke said:

Has the Boli No.3 officially been axed?

I believe it's in that weird area where they axed it last year (2019), but some 2020 box codes have shown up. Time will tell if they're winding down with the remaining tobacco supply, or if it will be one of those oddities like the Fonseca No. 1 where it's officially discontinued but still made.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benson said:

Speaking of discontinued, anyone have a recent date on MDO4’s? Ive been sniffing around for them for a while but aside from the occasional Bond Roberts sighting I never see them.

Haven't searched too extensively but according to this thread last seen at MSU MAR 18:

• Like 1