What are you watching? Best show/series on the box right now.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jealous of anyone who is watching Peaky Blinders or The Wire for the first time.    Wish I could delete my memory and watch those again for the first time.  Peaky Blinders is the best s

You must see this! Fraud, intrigue, drama, politics, expert opinion and even some trash! Love it... You will think it is all true! And what will make some of you very happy, there is no depicted

If you have any interest in sci-fi, or can just tolerate it, The Expanse on Amazon is the best sci-fi series I've ever watched. Tons of relevance to today, great acting, and Season 5 so far has been a

48 minutes ago, Cairo said:

Amazing show--but my all time favorite cop show has to be "The Shield".     I have watched it several times and it still blows me away each time--total adrenaline rush that has never been topped imho.

I’ll take a look. What is it on?

Vikings and Narcos are both top quality shoes - especially Vikings first 3 seasons. 

Like Barbarians, I have The Last Kingdom on my "to watch list". 

If you like historic dramas, although it was only 2 seasons HBO series ROME was absolutely fantastic. Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo are two of the best!!!

• Like 1

I am currently re-watching the old comedy series from HBO called Dream On.   Unfortunately you can only get the DVD's for seasone 1 and 2.

My recommendations for shows are Mandalorian and the Boys for more serious shows.   But if you are looking for and out there super funny comedy check out What They Do In the Shadows.  It is on hulu and is a  mockumentary about the lives of some vampires and their familiars.

Since Amazon shows are a bit underrepresented so far, all with pretty high IMDb ratings to back up my claims:
Bosch (8.4/10)
Goliath (8.2/10)
Zero Zero Zero (8.2/10)— especially recommend for Narcos fans
this ones a total sleeper but so good if your love Bond films..Night Manager (8.1/10)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

If you have any interest in sci-fi, or can just tolerate it, The Expanse on Amazon is the best sci-fi series I've ever watched. Tons of relevance to today, great acting, and Season 5 so far has been a stunner. 

And of course, if you have any interest in serial masochism, you can watch American cable news ? 

+1 for the expanse. 

3 hours ago, Pharmacovigilant said:

The Night Of.  Probably the best mini series I’ve ever watched in terms of production and character development. Absolutely brilliant.

I also enjoyed Chernobyl.

Night of was outstanding! 

Mandalorian was excellent. The wife and I have been binging Outlander. A part love story / time travel series about a woman who is transported from 1945 England in to the 1700's Scottish highlands. At times it's like a soap opera but with brutal violence and other unsavory exploits.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djrey said:

I’ll take a look. What is it (The Shield) on?

You can get the whole series on DVD--inexpensive complete set--don't know if any specific video service has it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cairo said:

You can get the whole series on DVD--inexpensive complete set--don't know if any specific video service has it.

Amazon prime video has it in Canada, not sure of elsewhere.

The Queen's Gambit is a nice watch with the significant other.

The Terror on Amazon Prime (at least the first series). Very good. Based on the true story of an expedition to discover the Northwest Passage in 1845. Solid cast, script and scenery, and very well researched. There is a possible supernatural aspect but it doesn't take from it.

The episode I saw last night had one of the best lines I've seen in a TV show in a long time. One of the officers is going through alcohol withdrawal and he is asked, "How do you feel today, sir?"

"Like Christ, but with more nails."

• Haha 1

Both have already been mentioned, but Dark and The Mandalorian were both excellent television that I viewed recently. Plus Dark is completely wrapped so you can watch the entire series (3 seasons) and not be left hanging for a year or more waiting for new episodes.

• Like 2