What are you watching? Best show/series on the box right now.

Best 5 series watched this year (I had a lot of time on my hands, probably watched 50 movies plus besides this)

1. Band of Brothers (re-watched series)

2.  Mandalorian

3. True Detective (re-watched season 1)

4.The Outsider

5. Your Honor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jealous of anyone who is watching Peaky Blinders or The Wire for the first time.    Wish I could delete my memory and watch those again for the first time.  Peaky Blinders is the best s

You must see this! Fraud, intrigue, drama, politics, expert opinion and even some trash! Love it... You will think it is all true! And what will make some of you very happy, there is no depicted

If you have any interest in sci-fi, or can just tolerate it, The Expanse on Amazon is the best sci-fi series I've ever watched. Tons of relevance to today, great acting, and Season 5 so far has been a

If you grew up in the 80’s Cobra Kai is a must. 

Peaks Blinders is possibly my favorite series of all time.  On a side note...for Americans at least...watch with subtitles on.  Makes a world of difference 

• Like 1

Zerozerozero is fantastic (prime). If we are talking GOAT shows: wire, breaking bad and saul, leftovers. Hoping succession stays good has GOAT potential. If you have any interest in harder sci fi Expanse will go down as the best unless they pull a GOT and blow the ending next season. The books are incredible too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Band of Brothers is amazing. 

Absolutely (and I think I'm ready for a re-watch). 

But I enjoyed The Pacific as much (if not a bit more). It doesn't get near the recognition that Band of Brother does. 

The Wire might be best series of all time IMO.  But that’s an old show (I mean it’s got payphones and pagers for crying out loud lol).  

Assuming you’ve already watched Stranger Things and Chernobyl since those last aired before Covid, and looking for newer content, best newer series I’ve watched is Dark on Netflix.  It’s not brand new if you lived in Germany but it’s pretty new to Netflix.  It’s a great show, just bring a notepad to season 2 and 3 to take notes so you can keep track of everyone and their connections.  

Honorable mentions to Ozarks, Mandolorian (for Star Wars fans), Peaky Blinders (except season 4 sucked), and for quick easy watch Ted Lasso was surprisingly enjoyable.  Don’t sleep on Billions, Young Pope/New Pope, and season 1 of True Detective (skip the other seasons).

• Like 1

Band Of Brothers

Wolf Creek -Cant wait for the next season to come out and a 3rd movie on the way. 

Mandalorian. 

Better Call Saul

Blood Machines

The Boys

Chernobyl

The Expanse

The Hardy Boys

Raised by Wolves

Love Death & Robots

Gangs of London

Happy  (Shows crazy)

Deutschland -Show about spies in East/West Germany during the 80's.

Ozark

The Outsider

Black Mirror

On 1/7/2021 at 11:54 AM, ReturnFreeRisk said:

Since Amazon shows are a bit underrepresented so far, all with pretty high IMDb ratings to back up my claims:
Bosch (8.4/10)
Goliath (8.2/10)
Zero Zero Zero (8.2/10)— especially recommend for Narcos fans
this ones a total sleeper but so good if your love Bond films..Night Manager (8.1/10)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

night manager is a cracker. watched it several times.

great book as well though set about 25 years earlier which makes it very different. 

14 minutes ago, Joeyjojo said:

Not quite 'on the box', as I have the DVD box-set (remember those?!) but I've been re-watching for the umpteenth time Deadwood.

According to justwatch it's available in Australia on some streaming service called Stan (on the HBO service in the states):

https://www.justwatch.com/au/tv-show/deadwood

• Like 1

Multi series recommendation:

All on Netflix 

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

Punisher

The Defenders

All based on the Marvel universe for multiple seasons.

Each series is self contained but some of the characters appear in other series.

Very entertaining!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zappaFREAK said:

All based on the Marvel universe for multiple seasons.

Each series is self contained but some of the characters appear in other series.

Very entertaining!

Sad they were all cancelled, I'm guessing as a result of Disney having Disney+ and Marvel.

+1 to Cobra Kai!
Really enjoyed it.
I tried to force myself to watch cobra kai. The acting makes is so bad it pretty much unwatchable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk