What are you watching? Best show/series on the box right now.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jealous of anyone who is watching Peaky Blinders or The Wire for the first time.    Wish I could delete my memory and watch those again for the first time.  Peaky Blinders is the best s

You must see this! Fraud, intrigue, drama, politics, expert opinion and even some trash! Love it... You will think it is all true! And what will make some of you very happy, there is no depicted

If you have any interest in sci-fi, or can just tolerate it, The Expanse on Amazon is the best sci-fi series I've ever watched. Tons of relevance to today, great acting, and Season 5 so far has been a

Watching the original Star Trek series.  I remember it on the tube when I was a kid (black and white, foil on the rabbit ears.  Dad beating the top of the set and muttering "F__k, F__k, F__K" over and over to reduce the snow).  Never went through the whole thing though.... 

• Like 1

1) Peaky Blinders  (agree with the  suggestion of " watching with subtitles")..... Tom Hardy has a secondary role but is a show stealer as Alfie Solomons

2)Better Call Saul.......no brainer if you're a " Breaking Bad" fan 

3)The Wire.....agreed an older HBO series but definitely one of the GOAT. So many great characters here. 

4)Schitt's Creek is hilarious and almost as good as.........5)Curb Your Enthusiasm

Going back in time to early 2000s for two of the best epic multiseason narrative arc series that havent yet been mentioned:

- Battlestar Galactica (scifi - leading lady just popped up in Mandalorian)

- Deadwood (best western tv series of all time)

On 1/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, MrBirdman said:

If you have any interest in sci-fi, or can just tolerate it, The Expanse on Amazon is the best sci-fi series I've ever watched. Tons of relevance to today, great acting, and Season 5 so far has been a stunner. 

And of course, if you have any interest in serial masochism, you can watch American cable news ? 

Quick question re:The Expanse - i was waiting for season 4 then forgot about the show perhaps reflecting that i wasn't quite hooked - do Seasons 4 & 5 get any better?

22 hours ago, Neuralpath said:

French spy series: The Bureau. If you like John le Carre, you’ll love this. 

+1 for The Bureau / Le bureau des legendes, will hook you in

Engrenages (Spiral) was another good French tv series, just good quality police and legal drama but recent

Forbrydelsen (The Killing, danish not some other remake) was edge of your seat detective stuff.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, prodigy said:

I tried to force myself to watch cobra kai. The acting makes is so bad it pretty much unwatchable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

you gotta know going into it that it's going to feel like an 80's flashback.

It's not a magnum opus...

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but seeing Deadwood called out made me think of Justified with Timothy Olyphant.