NFL Playoffs

17 hours ago, MrBirdman said:

And as for @Ken Gargett, sounds like you’re neurotic and anxiety-ridden enough to be an Eagles fan. While we don’t have a monstrous ogre of an owner, we do have a roster mostly past their prime (ahem...excuse me, “veterans”), an entitled quarterback angry he was benched after throwing 9000 interceptions, and a General Manager who can always tell you which round a prospect will be drafted but not whether he’s any good. Join us!

Deeply offensive. I am neither neurotic nor anxiety ridden, except about trying to sell the house of rubble, but god himself could never entice me to switch to the iggles (any team which tanks for picks should be banned forever). One streaky SB win in their entire history does not entitle them to breathe the same air as the glorious FT.

For us to go from the team everyone picked as last in the East and certain to get one of the first two picks next draft to making the playoffs and running a team of superstars close, with all of the problems we had – name changes, poisonous surroundings, toxic owner, a new coach who then immediately faces death squarely in the eye and not only survives but takes the team to the playoffs, a spoilt brat for a QB plus a cast from intensive care and then we were reduced to using our fourth QB who was in the maths library 6 weeks ago and has had one NFL start and has played less than half the snaps in his career that brady has had starts – this season has been a supreme success.

The iggles have one thing and one thing only going for them. They are not dallas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ken Gargett said:

with all of the problems we had – name changes, poisonous surroundings, toxic owner, a new coach who then immediately faces death squarely in the eye

all self inflicted....well except for the illness to R. 

WFT have a great D line, a QB to work with and one seriously good receiver. 

Put some pieces around them. 

Try not to screw it up. 

3 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

all self inflicted....well except for the illness to R. 

WFT have a great D line, a QB to work with and one seriously good receiver. 

Put some pieces around them. 

Try not to screw it up. 

well look at you getting all cocky because you finally won one playoff game against the worst team ever to make them. might not be so easy v the saints. you have won the same number of SBs as the iggles. call me when you get serious! 

by poisonous surroundings, i meant the situation in the American capitol. we can be blamed for many things but not that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

I’m a Browns fan.....and it feels great. 
I was a 12 year old kid the last time a Browns victory felt this good. I’m 45 years old now. If my Buckeyes win tomorrow!!!!  What a great start to 2021. 

I am with you brother. If the Buckeyes take down Saban and his evil empire tonight... ?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 8:23 AM, TobaccoRoad said:

Definitely impressive. He earned himself a roster spot somewhere next season.

For sure, even if that style of play is not sustainable, especially a guy his size. That dive for the pylon was electric. 

Doug Pederson fired today. Jeffrey Lurie has been one of the NFL's most successful owners - on this one, hopefully he knows what he is doing

• Like 1

Divisional Round

Saturday, January 16 
NFC Divisional Round (6) Los Angeles Rams at (1) Green Bay Packers, 4:35 p.m. ET (Fox) Lambeau Field Green Bay, WI (Brisbane time 7:35 am Sunday)
AFC Divisional Round (5) Baltimore Ravens at (2) Buffalo Bills, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC) Bills Stadium Orchard Park, NY (Brisbane time 11:15 am Sunday)

Sunday, January 17
AFC Divisional Round (6) Cleveland Browns at (1) Kansas City Chiefs, 3:05 p.m. ET (CBS) Arrowhead Stadium Kansas City, MO  (Brisbane time 6:05 am Monday)
NFC Divisional Round (5) Tampa Bay Buccaneers at (2) New Orleans Saints, 6:40 p.m. ET (Fox) Mercedes-Benz Superdome New Orleans, LA (Brisbane time 9:40 am Monday)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

I’m a Browns fan.....and it feels great. 
I was a 12 year old kid the last time a Browns victory felt this good. I’m 45 years old now. If my Buckeyes win tomorrow!!!!  What a great start to 2021. 

Me too! That victory was so sweet last night, not only because it was our first in a loooooong time, but also because pretty much EVERYONE not a Browns fan counted us out. Now we got to win one more tonight. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

well look at you getting all cocky because you finally won one playoff game against the worst team ever to make them. might not be so easy v the saints. you have won the same number of SBs as the iggles. call me when you get serious! 

by poisonous surroundings, i meant the situation in the American capitol. we can be blamed for many things but not that. 

The Bears are clearly the worst team to make the playoffs.....their 8-8 record was a fluke and they should have been 5-11 if not for ridiculous luck in 3 early games.  I watched the entire broadcast on Nickelodeon since the Bears coaching is pretty much Pop Warner level and the players played & acted like children vs the Saints so it made sense to watch the kids broadcast.

This thread makes me happy as I was thinking about KG and the Pres that whole game.  Made it very enjoyable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, 5thStarChicago said:

The Bears are clearly the worst team to make the playoffs.....their 8-8 record was a fluke and they should have been 5-11 if not for ridiculous luck in 3 early games.  I watched the entire broadcast on Nickelodeon since the Bears coaching is pretty much Pop Warner level and the players played & acted like children vs the Saints so it made sense to watch the kids broadcast.

This thread makes me happy as I was thinking about KG and the Pres that whole game.  Made it very enjoyable. 

Coaching has been terrible.  Nagy has had enough time to show he's nothing special and still trying to learn how to be a head coach in the NFL.  Trubisky is a mediocre QB that might get to be average some day.  Pace has hits and misses but has given up way too much capital for the players we've got.  Other than that, Bears are great!

Enough sour grapes, good luck to you all with teams that are still in the hunt! - Except for Packers fans of course ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
MATCHUP   TIME  (AEDT) NAT TV   LOCATION  
tb.png&h=50
Tampa Bay
7:05 AM FOX   Lambeau Field, Green Bay  
NFC Championship
buf.png&h=50
Buffalo
10:40 AM CBS   Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City

My gut feeling would love to objectively see an upset (or two) but it's hard for me to logically see past the home teams today (i.e Green Bay and Kansas City)