Travel Case for long cigars

Fosgate

I've got the following travel cases

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813JXPC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085SXTZG1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love the cedar interior and being able to have my cutters in the case. Problem is though most double Corona, Churchills etc will not fit in either case. 

I also have a sleeve case that holds three cigars and find it does not extend long enough for churchills as well. I also have a single tube:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BB0GKYS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The single tube will hold anything I want to smoke, Buuuut with that one it looks like I'm carrying around a silver bullet dildo or showing off to the ladies if I put it in my pocket. 

I like the first two case styles but cannot find something similar that will hold up to churchill length cigars. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a solution and/or show your solution?

• Haha 1

Started the return process on the first two. They're just too short. Found this one and ordered it. not high dollar at $137 by all means but kicking myself for leaving my nice one that was a gift from a friend somewhere 350 miles away. Easy come, easy go I guess. 

12 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

If you really don't mind the hard plastic shell ones, I recommend Pelican R60 Case for all rounder travel humidor buddy. It's big enough to keep long CCs like Double Coronas (not sure about Giant Coronas) and Spanish Cedar sheet on the bottom; cigar tools and two Boveda 60g Packs on the top, so I believe it'll be useful to you IMHO.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I was thinking about Pelican a while ago but really did not search too hard for any retailers marketing a model as such. Found these guys offering several different ones. https://www.ammodors.com/category/travel-cigar-humidors/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fosgate said:

That's actually a pretty good idea. I was thinking about Pelican a while ago but really did not search too hard for any retailers marketing a model as such. Found these guys offering several different ones. https://www.ammodors.com/category/travel-cigar-humidors/

TBH, most of Ammodor travel humidors are customized versions of Pelican cases buddy. Others like Warfighter Tobacco do the same thing too.

Pelican cases are great durable and practical travel humidors, since you can pack more CCs and cigar tools altogether in crushproof cases unlike cigar cases. To me, cigar cases such as Adorini and Peter James look nice, but less versatile than Pelican case travel humidors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

TBH, most of Ammodor travel humidors are customized versions of Pelican cases buddy. Others like Warfighter Tobacco do the same thing too.

Pelican cases are great durable and practical travel humidors, since you can pack more CCs and cigar tools altogether in crushproof cases unlike cigar cases. To me, cigar cases such as Adorini and Peter James look nice, but less versatile than Pelican case travel humidors.

Agreed. I saw a couple other leather bound that had aluminum trays and offered replacement trays as well. For the price they wanted for them you would think the aluminum tray would not need replacing. I'm hoping that Adorini is a nice little case I can leave my lighter and cutter in, toss a couple cigars and a humi pack in for a quick drive downtown or to a friends house where I don't necessarily want the bulkier case. I think that pelican would be good for long trips which is less frequent or toss in the pack for a hike or snowmobile/ATV ride up in the Black Hills. I've got a pelican case for rifle and It's been through some pretty rough treatment on hunting trips. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fosgate said:

Agreed. I saw a couple other leather bound that had aluminum trays and offered replacement trays as well. For the price they wanted for them you would think the aluminum tray would not need replacing. I'm hoping that Adorini is a nice little case I can leave my lighter and cutter in, toss a couple cigars and a humi pack in for a quick drive downtown or to a friends house where I don't necessarily want the bulkier case. I think that pelican would be good for long trips which is less frequent or toss in the pack for a hike or snowmobile/ATV ride up in the Black Hills. I've got a pelican case for rifle and It's been through some pretty rough treatment on hunting trips. 

AFAIK, Adorini Case you bought can keep cigar cutter and torch lighter altogether, but its max cigar size is Churchill. It's also available in local B&Ms in my country with steep price tag though.

For Pelican cases, it has different sizes of Protrector; Storm; Air, etc cases. You can get small ones like R60 or iM2100 if you want to have small travel humidor.

• 9 months later...

I have a 1920’s triple sterling silver and leather cigar case. It’s long, It’s real long..it can hold 9” long cigars comfortably..BUT..of course there is..it can only hold cigars with a maximum of 50 ring.                 So, Churchill and Lusitania cigars will just fit or I can fit…                                                                                                (6)Partagas Serie D No.4

6FF60A84-F0B0-4349-8F57-5F2C4903A0B0.jpeg.0d61fe07fdf55e64db54ffed6adbc6de.jpeg

• Like 2