When are we going to see the first 60 Ring Gauge regular production Cuban Cigar?

When are we going to see the first 60 Ring Gauge regular production Cuban Cigar?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm shocked it took until 2018 for a 56 in regular production. And we've only had one more since.

I would say we're several years off from a 58 and even longer for a 60. 

That's definitely a good starting point to look at when they were released.

Technically we got a 52, 54 and 56 in 2010 with the Behike :)

PSE2 54 in 2011 and Piramides Extra in 2012

San Juan and Vigia in 2014

Magnum 54 in 2016

QD54 in 2017

But 55RG since 2017:

Leyenda at 55 RG in 2017

Maduro No. 2 at 55 RG in 2018

56 RG since 2018:

Rio Seco 2018

Topes 2019

Linea Oro Nobles 2020

57 RG since 2020:

Linea Oro Hidalgos

So 2011 54, 2017 55, 2018 56, 2020 57.

From the more recent releases I'd say 2025 doesn't seem like a bad bet. I think I guessed 2024.

Edit: I counted the figurado/pyramid releases in the above, but maybe we should focus on Parejos, I don't know...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaBoot said:

I said never, unless they crop a lot of extra filler tobacco they need to rid themselves of, don’t think a regular production stick will happen, regional may be a different story.

60rg cigar is about 10% more weight/filler per cigar than 57 RG and 33% more than 52RG. Not entirely outrageous from that perspective.

4 hours ago, DaBoot said:

I said never, unless they crop a lot of extra filler tobacco they need to rid themselves of, don’t think a regular production stick will happen, regional may be a different story.

Maybe they’ll just divert Cuban domestic product filler, add it into HSA export cigars and label them premium reg production lines like they did with the LE wrappers to fetch more money.  

On 1/9/2021 at 6:34 PM, PigFish said:

... if the bill was paid for the 56 Big Hillbilly molds, they could probably place an order for some 60 ring blocks!

-the Pig

Seriously, probably why you see them moving away from the original wooden moulds to those shabby plastic ones (those twisted, bent and torn ones due to sloppy use w/o spacer boards in the vise :rolleyes:)

I

On 1/9/2021 at 7:09 PM, NicPac said:

Hopefully never...

Thats right. Hopefully Never!!!

On 1/9/2021 at 6:41 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm shocked it took until 2018 for a 56 in regular production. And we've only had one more since.

I hope you are right

• Like 2

On 1/9/2021 at 5:26 PM, La_Tigre said:

I expect a BHK 60. Some of the farmies are already 58 and....60 (I think).

I could see that since they've already had the Grandiosos for the 50th Anniversario. What a baseball bat of a cigar. 

1 hour ago, PuroDan said:

I hope you are right

Well, that could be as little as 4-5 years, but I expect maybe another Magnificos (Cohiba RS) vitola for an EL or ER before introduction as a regular production vitola. That would be the first sign of trouble. I doubt they're going to jump right to a 58 in regular production. Then repeat for 60. I see maybe the next Cohiba EL being a re-release of the Majesuoso 1966 or a Grandiosos. If it is a Grandiosos at 60, the 58 or 60 is probably only a few years away.

Didn't vote since 2019 wasn't an option....

Not production but Miguelito at Hector's farm was rolling 60s a couple of years back. I remember Rob Fox astonished they had the molds for those.

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

60 and longer than a BHK 56 would be a damn baseball bat. My god. 

Haha ? not a fence post....Something like the 54 but 60 RG is what I’m thinking. Not for us. ? 

4 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Didn't vote since 2019 wasn't an option....

Not production but Miguelito at Hector's farm was rolling 60s a couple of years back. I remember Rob Fox astonished they had the molds for those.

See, I thought I was right. We may even have some of the 60 if they aren’t 58. 

Going on current trends I am guessing about 5 years, so 2025+. I am hoping it is never though. Once one of these jaw busters comes out, that will open the floodgates and we will end up with a whole slew of regular production donkey appendages. "Partagas El Burro" anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sadly, as soon as 60 hits, someone is going to look to 70 or 80 or 120....

Pretty soon a cigar will be a puck.  I know we've had threads on this trend, and why, but I sure wish the manufacturers would focus on the people that appreciate how a cigar tastes.  

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 2:41 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

There was a proposed BHK58 being sampled if we're to believe the posts and pics out there.