Your thoughts on the 2019 Edicion Limitada

Your Thoughts on the 2019 Edicion Limitada   

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Only the Supremos and “Sensadores” ;) from the Xmas sampler. Both good, with their respective marca’s DNA. While I voted the quality was good, that doesn’t mean I think they’re a good value. The quality of regular production is also good, and certainly good enough to make the LE premium hard for me to justify. 

• Like 1

Presentation was great, but they are certainly charging for it. 

Cigar quality is on par with past good ELs

Price has pushed the ELs into bad value territory for me. We're at a place where if I have $500-600 to spend on a box it's going to be HUSW or Siglo V--not an EL unless quality improves even more from where they've been at the last few years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

We're at a place where if I have $500-600 to spend on a box it's going to be HUSW or Siglo V-

Completely agree. I also have to ask myself why I’d be willing to pay a premium for a large-RG vitola I wouldn’t normally buy. The Propios is a size I’d be interested in, but the value on those is particularly horrendous. And with my favorite regular production cigars getting LE level expensive (Fundis, Siglo III & V) there’s more than enough regular production to eat through my budget. 

• Like 1

Some of the results are strange. Do you like new boxes yes, do you want more boxes the same, yes. Will you buy more LEs. No. Very strange. 

But yes for me I think there’s more value in regionals than ELs. It’d have to be soemthing very special to be boxworthy. The senadores however were a wonderful size and smoke I found. 

So far I've only smoked the Montecristo and it was good but not really worth the price.

I am keen to try the Ramon Allones as I love that Marca.

I couldn't care less about the packaging unless it's a Jar or a Humidor.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PigFish said:

Cigar marketing should start with producing a truly excellent cigar. NOT, a unique box!

Hear Hear! well said, 

I would add, fancy black lacquer and painted surfaces of any sort, has no place inside a humidor.   Simple branded cedar boxes are not only the most tasteful option, but also they don't off-gas chemicals as the surfaces slowly breakdown.    I'm sure every consideration has been taken to use the most stable coatings, but I never see any point to increasing your odds of something going horribly wrong inside your humidor. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 99call said:

Hear Hear! well said, 

I would add, fancy black lacquer and painted surfaces of any sort, has no place inside a humidor.   Simple branded cedar boxes are not only the most tasteful option, but also they don't off-gas chemicals as the surfaces slowly breakdown.    I'm sure every consideration has been taken to use the most stable coatings, but I never see any point to increasing your odds of something going horribly wrong inside your humidor. 

My thoughts as well. I’m a bit uneasy with potential issues with paint products used in Cuba.

1 minute ago, Islandboy said:

My thoughts as well. I’m a bit uneasy with potential issues with paint products used in Cuba.

My thoughts as well - but make that "used in China" ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vuelta-Perilla said:

Did someone noticed about the unpleasant odour of the external boxes of Monte and RA? Like a kind of a mix between paint and varnish, not the best idea from HSA...

Yep - not new, happened with the BHK "piano" boxes years ago.

All I could recommend was : take the cigars out of those boxes ASAP and don't have them ruined by the smell.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Vuelta-Perilla said:

Did someone noticed about the unpleasant odour of the external boxes of Monte and RA? Like a kind of a mix between paint and varnish, not the best idea from HSA...

It has certainly happened before but I haven't noticed it on the 2019 LE from what I have seen. You would think that they would learn. 

Looking at the poll numbers to date, HSA would be stoked that they are on the right track. 

Haven't had a chance to smoke any of these as yet. Agree with most I prefer the classic presentations.

Buy any more? Didn't buy any of these.

• Like 1

Had all 3. true to their marcas, in terms of flavour profiles. Monte, RA and QdO would be my rankings. Monte by a small margin to RA and QdO my least favourite (never jived with that marca)

Agreed that the packaging is overkill. Would prefer classic packaging. Easier to store and no lacquer odour.

Prices outside of Cuba are getting into ‘split a box with friends’ territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, nino said:

Yep - not new, happened with the BHK "piano" boxes years ago.

All I could recommend was : take the cigars out of those boxes ASAP and don't have them ruined by the smell.

I recall the cloth sheath was the real stinker.  Once I pitched that the boxes had no aroma. 

Truly limited edition 2019 cigars seemed to be Partagas 898, Sir Winston, QdO Coronas Claro, and Sancho Panza. I wish we saw so much more of those cigars and would want boxes of each over the 2019 ELs any day. 

• Like 3

One of the first years I've managed to snag all of the LE boxes and have to say I'm a fan of the new packaging, makes it look much more special in the humidor and they would charge more anyways as it's an LE even if it just came in plain box so why not get something special.

Think the quality was good but that might just be because the tobacco in 2019/20 has been stellar and most cigars have been good.

Looking forward to seeing what 2021 has to offer.

• Like 2

Not a fan of the new "NC" packaging.  I prefer the classic boxes.  I've tried one of the QdO's and RA's.  The QdO did not impress me at all. The RA was a good smoke but probably not enough to make me chase down a box or two.  Even though I dislike the box styles, I must admit the QdO is very sharp looking. But it still seems wrong. :D