Australia Day lamb ads

1 minute ago, Bijan said:

It's interesting in that a quick check affirms that here in Ontario Canada most of our lamb comes from Australia. But I've only seen New Zealand lamb (and local lamb) advertise the country of origin.

https://oec.world/en/visualize/tree_map/subnational_can/import/35/show/10204/202008/

kiwis probably just whacking their name on our lamb. they do that sort of thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

A very odd ad, though, considering that NSW is the largest lamb producer. Qld producers less than 1% of Australia's lamb, compared to 25% from NSW.

fuzz, you are missing the point (aside from the fact that Qld lamb must surely be far better - and worth noting that this is not a Qld ad but from down south).

the point is that there are two types of australians. 

1. Qlders.

2. those who want to be Qlders. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nino said:

Saw the clip a few days back as it made it to the NYT - loved it !

Hungry for lamb chops now ... ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/14/world/australia/state-border-restrictions-coronavirus.html

nino, funnily enough, i had not seen it here until a friend from the States sent me that very piece from the NYT. 

On 1/16/2021 at 1:06 PM, Ken Gargett said:

fuzz, you are missing the point (aside from the fact that Qld lamb must surely be far better - and worth noting that this is not a Qld ad but from down south).

the point is that there are two types of australians. 

1. Qlders.

2. those who want to be Qlders. 

To be fair . Can't blame them for trying or anyone else ??

On 1/15/2021 at 11:40 PM, Fuzz said:

A very odd ad, though, considering that NSW is the largest lamb producer. Qld producers less than 1% of Australia's lamb, compared to 25% from NSW.

Wonder if Queensland consumes a lot of lamb. Ads target consumers and not producers :)

2 hours ago, Bijan said:

Wonder if Queensland consumes a lot of lamb. Ads target consumers and not producers :)

i would be surprised if we ate more than anywhere else in australia. or at least the difference was more than minimal. 

although i am slow cooking lamb shanks for dinner! 

i'd like to think that we had less vegans but sadly my own family contributes!