Hmmmm.....I wouldn't be swimming in this pool

43 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Box might be legit. Bands are of course wrong for the warranty seal timeframe. 

I don’t think PTV is a legit factory code. Also the spacing on the VI is wrong and font looks off. 

I think the only thing the forger got right on this box was spelling “Siglo” correctly. 

6 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

I don’t think PTV is a legit factory code. Also the spacing on the VI is wrong and font looks off. 

Looks like PTY, and I believe that was a legit 09 code. If it was PTV you'd be correct for sure since V isn't used.

The code font itself looks ok. Yes, the spacing on the V I is off but that could be Cuba being Cuba. The "Siglo VI" font also looks acceptable. There could be some variation in those days. The warranty seal is also consistent with the date.

Looking at it again, I'd say it's more likely than not to be a genuine box. 

Edit: I wasn't able to confirm a PTY code at that time. I did find a PTS 07 and a PUT 07. I do seem to recall PTY though but I could be wrong. I did also find one use of a V--SVF 05, but no V since then. 

14 hours ago, Markspring1978 said:

Agree - Looks like PTV, and both the font and the ink used look suspicious to me.