Thoughts on the Connossieur No.2?


Recommended Posts

Not interested in it. I like the 1 and the A. I'm used to smoking them and I like them. To me the 2 is a bastard child between the 1 and the A and I don't see the need for it. It's too expensive for what it is as well. I will buy two singles to try it as I did with the B and the Mag 54, smoke one fresh, not like it (like the B and the Mag 54), throw the remaining one into a box that has a little room left in it and forget about it for a few years.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Much like the 54,  this is a cigar I will avoid on principle.......I don't want to buy it, because I don't want to encourage HSA.  It's simply not needed.  Look at the R&J portfolio, it's soo

Timely follow-up post, I just had one today.  The first third was flavorful, like a better version of a Magnum 46. Draw excellent.  It then mellowed out and was just very smooth all the way

So many Connies. It would be nice to have the HUPC back.

2 hours ago, Meklown said:

Went to the local lounge to try it early March. Good and would buy a box if not too expensive. I prefer the 1 however - from this one example the 1 is lighter and more coffee

Someone who has actually tasted it alert!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Meklown said:

Went to the local lounge to try it early March. Good and would buy a box if not too expensive. I prefer the 1 however - from this one example the 1 is lighter and more coffee

Euro trade centre? @Meklown

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Meklown said:

yes, good eyes!

Haha there is only a few PCC Lounges in Central, I'm going soon to try the new PL, probably cry at the pricing when I hand over my cc.

2 hours ago, Edicion said:

Timely follow-up post, I just had one today. 

The first third was flavorful, like a better version of a Magnum 46. Draw excellent. 

It then mellowed out and was just very smooth all the way through, but lacked some aromas until the final third where it picked up again. I would dare to call it light overall. 

Smoking time about 50 minutes. 

For being such a young cigar, it didn't have any signs of needing rest at all. I don't think it's going to develop much over the years so I have no issues smoking them now. 

Compared to Connie A and B, it's definitely less complex and delicate. 

A very good, every day smooth cigar, great for breakfast, is my final verdict. (might change after a few more). 

Lovely wrapper! My go to pairing with Cigar btw.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely not inspiring me to purchase. Still absolutely perplexed at the pricing. Smaller than the A but more expensive...:confused:

I'd need a pretty good reason to stray from the 1 and the A, especially at a higher price. Not seeing it yet. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Photo

Tried one last night, was underwhelmed, had it after the Galante and boy was it a disappointment, draw was good, construction ok, flavours were muted, strength picked up in the final third but struggled to taste the difference between the Connie B and this.

Not in a rush to get a box.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'd need a pretty good reason to stray from the 1 and the A, especially at a higher price.

I do agree with this - love the 1 so struggle to change especially if I need to pay more. Having said that I think they will simply raise the prices of the rest 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KavalanWhisky said:

Photo

Tried one last night, was underwhelmed, had it after the Galante and boy was it a disappointment, draw was good, construction ok, flavours were muted, strength picked up in the final third but struggled to taste the difference between the Connie B and this.

Not in a rush to get a box.

I have now started to think it's the perfect morning cigar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Meklown said:

I do agree with this - love the 1 so struggle to change especially if I need to pay more. Having said that I think they will simply raise the prices of the rest 

They do anyway. Anyway, to catch the 2 they have a ways to go. It's ~20% more than the A and ~70% more than the 1. Yes, 70%. :surprised: 

The Price of the B has quite honestly gotten out of hand as well for some reason as well. They're creeping up towards Sir Winston prices, and at that point I certainly know which one I'm buying. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They do anyway. Anyway, to catch the 2 they have a ways to go. It's ~20% more than the A and ~70% more than the 1. Yes, 70%. :surprised: 
The Price of the B has quite honestly gotten out of hand as well for some reason as well. They're creeping up towards Sir Winston prices, and at that point I certainly know which one I'm buying. 
 

Makes no sense. Could be just because it’s a new release and want to see what people are willing to pay. Then they may come down as they sit. Remember the vigia and maduro 1? Super high on release and they have come down. With the exception of the maduro 1 moving back up after it was cool to buy. And look at the RyJ maravilla. They have tanked like crypto mining stocks today as they can’t give them away


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Makes no sense. Could be just because it’s a new release and want to see what people are willing to pay.

Usually there is a premium on new releases that drops off within 8-14 months but that is not what happened with the Connie B. Keep in mind the B has only been available for a little over 2 years. They started out around $425 in Q3 18 and have been well over $500 since Q3 20. 

And the premium on the 2 is just way out of line. The price of these should be precisely between the 1 and the A, or about $275. With a "new release" premium I could accept a price the same as the A for a while. But 15-20% more than the A? Keep in mind the A is I believe a benchmark cigar for the brand, second only to the SW in my opinion. It's a tall order to surpass it, and to charge more for a smaller cigar. It would certainly have to clearly surpass it and the few reviews here have it falling far short.

16 hours ago, havanaclub said:

And look at the RyJ maravilla.

Three things with those. Very high price, very mediocre reviews and it seems quite a lot produced. I'm not sure how the Hoyo Primaveras are doing but these Zodiac releases are on the verge of a big floperoo. The Hoyo claims 8,888 boxes which is a lot and while there's no stated number for the RyJ I would guess it's at least that much. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Three things with those. Very high price, very mediocre reviews and it seems quite a lot produced. I'm not sure how the Hoyo Primaveras are doing but these Zodiac releases are on the verge of a big floperoo. The Hoyo claims 8,888 boxes which is a lot and while there's no stated number for the RyJ I would guess it's at least that much

Another thing is the target market for these, the customers are brand sensitive, and many of the boxes are not meant to be smoked by the buyer, they are often given away as a gift. Hoyo and R&J are not attractive enough in this segment. Cohiba and Montecristo are "good brands" but mainly Cohiba. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Edicion said:

Another thing is the target market for these, the customers are brand sensitive, and many of the boxes are not meant to be smoked by the buyer, they are often given away as a gift. Hoyo and R&J are not attractive enough in this segment. Cohiba and Montecristo are "good brands" but mainly Cohiba. 

I don't know what they plan on doing with these but I don't see Cohiba being used. Monte maybe, but I doubt it. Will they stick to Global brands? Who knows.

And as far as gifts, they're very expensive gifts, especially at full retail price of $600-700. Good luck moving 8,888 boxes as gifts since regular buyers aren't interested in these and I don't believe they're ever going to be valuable to collectors.

They've been remarkably successful with nearly all of their limited productions (books, travel humis, etc.). Unfortunately these are shaping up to be duds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 8:34 PM, Sandman said:

I believe you are 100 percent wrong on the Connie B. Mag54, sure, the size sucks, but I’ve smoked over 80+ Connie B, and believe me, this is a cigar of note. I would suggest later 19-20 box-codes if you really want to see them shine. And really though, and I don’t mean to be rude, but who the hell cares if they keep coming up with new sizes and blends? I mean, that’s a good thing. I think we should try them (and I mean more than one stick ROTT) and see how they are, before we crap all over it.

I have to agree with you. I absolutely love the B and the 2. B is (for me) a better smoke and I can’t get enough of them.  I had a few A’s and 1’s and for my palate I don’t get it….

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2021 at 12:18 PM, Bijan said:

Honestly I tend to like smaller RG cigars myself. I wouldn't complain at all if they had a boatload of such slightly different vitolas in each marca like they did in the past.

Couldn’t agree with you more. I know there are enough people out there to make it worthwhile to do an occasional small RG cigar at the very least. Same thing with Coronas and Lonsdales. They seem to be ignoring a large portion of their customer base. Never understood that. 
 

Edit: ha, didn’t notice this was like 8 months old…sadly, they still don’t seem to be making smaller cigars though, so I suppose it’s still relevant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.