Any Alfistis here?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw the title of this and though it referred to fans of Alf:

Been loving our '18 Stelvio Ti Sport, got the bug and have begun a search for vintage Alfa Romeos. This one, 1988 Spider Graduate caught my fancy. Checked it out a couple of days back. Very

Pretty cool.  I've been droppin' a little roadway heat on the ladies with this bad boy.   

33 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Been loving our '18 Stelvio Ti Sport, got the bug and have begun a search for vintage Alfa Romeos.

This one, 1988 Spider Graduate caught my fancy. Checked it out a couple of days back.

Very solid car, drove well, no rust.

image.png.6b352c937717fc11606b35926f29622f.png

Checked in with the head of our local AROC and a couple of other enthusiasts. All agreed it was in fine shape for the age.

A couple of niggling issues but nothing to put one off.

Drove fantastically, even through second gear synchros up and back.

All agreed overpriced, so unless the seller works with me it is back to the hunt.

Thinking I'd prefer a Veloce over the Graduate at any rate.160613145410-alf-full-169.jpg.7d549e0290099d29f84a468781ab4881.jpg

Gorgeous Mike.I thought you said "Alfist" which made me think of 80s furry alien that enjoyed to eat cats. So, I thought you were savagely eating a cat in this post. I must say, slightly disappointed. But that is beauty!

Sorry bro. Talk to NXSCIGAR about that particular fetish...

Is Alf for hire? We've a cat that needs to go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Not an Alfa fan but I do like these:

pmlautomobili_Alfa_Romeo_33_Stradale_01.

Nice! Alfas are an acquired taste.

I am big Alfisti, loved the marque since I was a kid.  Plan on buying a 4C this season.  Use to own a GTV6.  Was member of local Alfa owner's group, friends with best Alfa mechanics in my locale.

Here's a shot of a Mario Andretti signed Alfa GTV6 ad I had him sign to me.  Hangs in my office, next to my desk:

alfa poster.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

That's gorgeous Mike!

Are the old saying about reliability and Alfa's true? I'd assume exaggerated?

The Spiders are surprisingly resilient. 75% of issues are electrical and usually fixed by checking the grounds.

Plenty of parts available and just about anyone can do 4/5 needed repairs.

Lucky we have a strong AROC group locally and I've had much help looking for a proper one.

Been driving the Stevlio the past 3.5 years, only needing standard service and a couple of flashes.

They have been called Alfa Repairos by a few though.

• Thanks 1

Alfa no, roadster of that era, yes. One of my best purchases was getting this 84 MB 380sl. Simple enough for me to do most of the repairs, yet plenty of skilled MB mechanics around when I don’t want to. 
Driving this car is like a tonic for me.  Back when I worked at at office in a building, I used to really enjoy going to work and driving home. 
now my wife still comments that she is glad luxury cars have improved since 84. 
I looked for nearly two years and eventually regretted not getting one earlier. But I am very happy w my low mileage example. The hunt was fun but driving one was a ton more fun. 
I found a great MB forum and they really helped me to know what to look for, which allowed me a quick transaction when I found this one. 

Have fun. And show us some photos when you get one and have it sorted out. 

77C5E29A-F80F-4125-905A-44E91935BC6B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My mate Dean had this Alfa Romeo Spider (69?)

I have been in it many times. Inexpensive and gorgeous. 

a6mypOnSS8-Vv3HSOvfUwQ?w=1200&h=675&fm=p

If Alfa Romeo had a decent dealer network in this country and had the balls to go a 5 year warranty as is the standard, they would find a decent market.  As it is they offer a poor network that is constantly changing + a 3 year warranty and the worst resale values in the country.  It is not an inspiring combination. 

If they ever got their act together, I would pick one up in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cannot add much to this thread except that my best buddy and pharmacist Andreas loves Alfa Romeo and has 2 of them - one has a special licence plate : RA 898 ... ?

I was all set to pick up the new Alfa GTV (based on the Giulia), but then they cancelled it for more SUVs. :wacko:

gtv.jpg

Fiat Chrysler have no clue about what to do with Alfa. It's a sporty Italian car company!! You don't need another SUV, you need sports coupes and convertibles!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

It's a sporty Italian car company!! You don't need another SUV, you need sports coupes and convertibles!!

? Strange, but it seemed at some point a couple of years ago that every company wanted to get into that market - lambo, maserati, (non-italian) Aston, Bentley

6 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I was all set to pick up the new Alfa GTV (based on the Giulia), but then they cancelled it for more SUVs. :wacko:

gtv.jpg

Fiat Chrysler have no clue about what to do with Alfa. It's a sporty Italian car company!! You don't need another SUV, you need sports coupes and convertibles!!

Not to rain on your parade, but Alfa Romeo has manufactured off road vehicles and vans for 50+ years.  Long before SUV was even a term... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Alfa no, roadster of that era, yes. One of my best purchases was getting this 84 MB 380sl. Simple enough for me to do most of the repairs, yet plenty of skilled MB mechanics around when I don’t want to. 
Driving this car is like a tonic for me.  Back when I worked at at office in a building, I used to really enjoy going to work and driving home. 
now my wife still comments that she is glad luxury cars have improved since 84. 
I looked for nearly two years and eventually regretted not getting one earlier. But I am very happy w my low mileage example. The hunt was fun but driving one was a ton more fun. 
I found a great MB forum and they really helped me to know what to look for, which allowed me a quick transaction when I found this one. 

Have fun. And show us some photos when you get one and have it sorted out. 

77C5E29A-F80F-4125-905A-44E91935BC6B.jpeg

Pure class!! What a stunning car. I love old MB's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Not to rain on your parade, but Alfa Romeo has manufactured off road vehicles and vans for 50+ years.  Long before SUV was even a term... 

I know, but when somebody says Alfa Romeo, not many people picture this....

Alfa Romeo - Matta 4X4 - 1951 - Catawiki

or this

Car Show Classic: 1983-95 Alfa Romeo 33 – Sudsy, But Not Enough For Some |  Curbside Classic

• Like 2