Any Alfistis here?

I love Italian cars and motorcycles and my friends have a good time making fun of me.. when I mention things like quality italian electronics or build quality... 

I've owned 2 Cagiva built Husqvarna dirt bikes ( built in Milan) a CR 125 (2st) and a TE250 (4st). I now own a Beta 300RR (2st) which started life as a 250cc built in Florence...  In my experience the motorcycles are hand made and overbuilt.. They seem to lack some sophistication compared to others but on the whole are reliable (even the electronics :)

The Beta has actually won several enduro world championships .. competing against the likes of the KTM and the best out of Japan..

2015 June 6 Plastics 004.JPG

• Like 4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw the title of this and though it referred to fans of Alf:

Been loving our '18 Stelvio Ti Sport, got the bug and have begun a search for vintage Alfa Romeos. This one, 1988 Spider Graduate caught my fancy. Checked it out a couple of days back. Very

Pretty cool.  I've been droppin' a little roadway heat on the ladies with this bad boy.   

57 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Yes, they are. However, when somebody says Alfa Romeo, a lot of people think of this...

Post a pic of your rusty Alfa | Page 2 | Alfa Romeo Forums

Period Modifications: Rusty Alfa Romeo GTV

And somebody wanted to keep the tradition going....

Rusty giulia | Alfa romeo giulia quadrifoglio, Alfa romeo cars, Alfa romeo  giulia

I think the 164 was their first galvanized car.    Nothing like Russian steel.   The "rust" on that Giulia looks like a wrap.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Meklown said:

? Strange, but it seemed at some point a couple of years ago that every company wanted to get into that market - lambo, maserati, (non-italian) Aston, Bentley

Ferrari has an SUV coming out soon.  Lotus has an SUV in the works with Volvo.   McLaren is the only one without anything on a pubic roadmap. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, dominattorney said:

I have a 2019 giulia ti sport and love it. I'm hoping they take a cue from the latest BMW M3 and start to make the giulia quadrifoglio in AWD which is essential in Colorado. It would be my perfect car. 

The Giulia Quadrifoglio does come in an AWD version, but I recall it is only offered in the UK.

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

The Giulia Quadrifoglio does come in an AWD version, but I recall it is only offered in the UK.

I was not aware of that. Interestimt. Wonder why they don't sell it overseas? From my point of view, AWD should shave a point or two off the 0 to 60 sprint time. Also alfas G4 AWD is more or less a rear wheel drive system 80 percent of the time. The Stelvio quad is lightening fast and if I could get over the stigma of not wanting an SUV I'd be all in on that model as well. I'm currently in the midst of the long game con of trying to convince my wife she wants that car. 

50 minutes ago, dominattorney said:

The Stelvio quad is lightening fast and if I could get over the stigma of not wanting an SUV I'd be all in on that model as well. I'm currently in the midst of the long game con of trying to convince my wife she wants that car. 

Stelvio Quad is high on my list to replace her XC60 once the lease ends in a year.  Wife is not so hot on the looks as I am.

• Like 2

Love them, always liked the 2000 the most. Giulietta 5 door was a contender when we bought our present car. Reason we didnt bought it; dealer network has been decimated, so its hard to get it serviced or warranty cases solved without much hassle. A neighbor of mine had a 147, which isnt a highly regarded AR, it stood more in the shop than on the driveway, but he still kept it and loved it. Presently the lineup isnt to interesting for me, the Stelvio is a great car, but for a SUV it isnt big enough for me.

6 hours ago, dominattorney said:

I was not aware of that. Interestimt. Wonder why they don't sell it overseas? From my point of view, AWD should shave a point or two off the 0 to 60 sprint time. Also alfas G4 AWD is more or less a rear wheel drive system 80 percent of the time. The Stelvio quad is lightening fast and if I could get over the stigma of not wanting an SUV I'd be all in on that model as well. I'm currently in the midst of the long game con of trying to convince my wife she wants that car. 

Different markets, different specifications.

In Aus, Alfa have lost a huge amount of sales, three times more than other Euro luxury car brands. The problem is no clear brand identity. And since they dropped the 4C & GTV for the new line up, I don't think the brand is going to survive much longer here. The small SUVs they are planning don't look like they will be able to compete with the small SUVs offered by Merc, BMW and Audi.

• Sad 1

Alfa in my locale (Massachusetts) along with Maserati have several dealerships since their return to market in the States.  There were no other marques for big auto groups to franchise.  Along comes Alfa and Maserati and they're offering franchises.  Auto dealerships are really real estate plays, so everyone opened their wallets and now there are 5 dealers within 50 miles.

• 2 months later...

Not an alfa, but I own an Abarth 124 spider. Thought it was fun, cheap, and reminded me of my '67 Karmann ghia convertible. 2018 model. Just recently discontinued. 

Alfa is basically no fun anymore either. Stellantis sees them as a red headed stepchild just as they do fiat in the US. 

I dread trying to find parts if the headlights are damaged. Just getting a door panel took 5 months from Mopar. Apparently my car is too small to see so a large truck opted to run into me a month after I got it.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

So I passed on the Graduate and am now seriously looking at this one.

image.png.b46ca53cdb3968b9fac3d528b6817fb5.png

Gorgeous 62 Giulia Spider bare metal nuts and bolts restoration. Practically mine if it goes through...

You don't see chrome like that anymore!

You'll be my hero in that one.  Wow, just wow.  Amazing color, the chrome.  Sheer automobilia art.  That's something else!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

So I passed on the Graduate and am now seriously looking at this one.

image.png.b46ca53cdb3968b9fac3d528b6817fb5.png

Gorgeous 62 Giulia Spider bare metal nuts and bolts restoration. Practically mine if it goes through...

You don't see chrome like that anymore!

Just imagine her with the top down and a nice cigar on a sunny, Sunday drive. Take my money already! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

You'll be my hero in that one.  Wow, just wow.  Amazing color, the chrome.  Sheer automobilia art.  That's something else!

Pretty close to the color of my first car, 64.5 Mustang convertible. Love the chrome, that was the hook for sure. Trouble is not so much the car being registered in Germany (not a big deal to transfer with bill of sale), it was restored in Poland and sitting in Krakow at the moment.

Nothing better for me than to fly there, inspect and purchase, drive to the port in Rotterdam and ship to Savannah. Meet the ship there and drive it home.

With this whole mess it is, while feasible otherwise, not even possible to do so now with international travel restrictions.

So we're working out arrangements as best we can. They've said they'll cover shipping costs and we are working on an escrow agent to handle the transaction.

Fingers crossed I hope this one goes through. It's an amazing car and practically like brand new with the work that's been done.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Were no side view mirrors common for that car?

Damn, that's a very good question!

image.png.bd90fa1e873b75b4f4d774cc4db78da3.png

image.png.a2802d31328e3b42a853fd87e7037642.png

image.png.75fcfb08da24826e37e45cf0e58af19f.png

Found a few examples with no mirrors. A couple other door mounted and a few fender mounted. Curious....

Probably no seat belts either....

21 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Found a few examples with no mirrors. A couple other door mounted and a few fender mounted. Curious....

Do you really need side mirrors? There's no roof to obstruct your view! Unless you're wearing a neck brace, or the old Batman costume that forced you turn your whole upper body to look sideways, just look over your shoulder you lazy bugger!! :P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Do you really need side mirrors? There's no roof to obstruct your view! Unless you're wearing a neck brace, or the old Batman costume that forced you turn your whole upper body to look sideways, just look over your shoulder you lazy bugger!! :P

People these days are too lazy, and complain when they don't get blind spot lights 😂

• Like 1

May be they're fast enough not to worry about someone coming along aside you from behind?

54 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

May be they're fast enough not to worry about someone coming along aside you from behind?

I think people are more worried about pulling up along side, and just as they are passing.... the wheel of the Alfa coming off.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I think people are more worried about pulling up along side, and just as they are passing.... the wheel of the Alfa coming off.

Yes, that happens too. Got to love the oddities...

On 1/22/2021 at 11:53 PM, Habana Mike said:

Sorry bro. Talk to NXSCIGAR about that particular fetish...

Is Alf for hire? We've a cat that needs to go!

Now I feel bad for posting this as our cat passed away today with no Alf in the picture.....