Cigar is a perfectly reasonable hobby, right? Hi, from NYC.

quar009

History:

Started smoking 11 years ago in college when I started to hang out with a college buddy while he tended a cigar shop. I would smoke a cigar halfway, take it back home to smoke the rest the next morning while watching Manchester United play. As I enjoyed it more, I started a small collection of cigars. The collection grew larger as I learned more about different cigars, as my palate developed, and I began to enjoy the chase of finding something hard to find. But what kept me in the hobby is the community. After dropping out of a doctoral program, I managed the cigar B&M where I was introduced to cigars. It was the best job I ever had. I met the most incredible people who supported me unconditionally, who shared their colorful lives over good smokes, and became long time friends. I even got my big career break at the cigar lounge when someone hired me to work for him at a bank; I guess there isn't a better interview than hours spent smoking, talking about life. 

The present:

I work at a cybersecurity tech company as an exec. I enjoy what I do - I manage & coach brilliant, hard-working people, learn about cool tech and travel domestically & internationally for work. It has been a dream career, but I have burnt myself out over the last few years. My recent relationship with cigars parallels my work- burning too quickly trying to get somewhere fast. I have 1000+ cigars in my humidor and probably not the time to smoke them, and this is even after I give away two cigars for every one that I do keep. The goal is to reconnect with other cigar smokers and take my time to enjoy the cigars from now on. 

Memorable cuban smokes?

• Edmundo Dantes Conde 54
  • Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicoso
  • Por Larrañaga Magnificos Edición Regional Reino Unido
  • Punch Serie D’Oro No.2 Edicion Limitada 2013
  • HYD Double Corona (1998)

Other interests:

• Football/Soccer
  • Starting to get into fly fishing
  • Watches 
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

quar009, 

I enjoyed reading your post and admire your generosity as you share with others. Could relate both to working with talented people and the “burning too quickly trying to get somewhere fast”.

Welcome.