Is HDM DC Band Recently Changed?

I noticed that HDM DC band changed to typical HDM CC band like Partagas Lusitania on Ajay Patel's Instagram video. I tried to search any news about HDM DC band update, but nothing shown other than Ajay's IG. I surprised that it happened all of sudden without notice just like HUHC box got repackaged...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhODmKnLQC/

I remember seeing someone post on the forum they got a box with the standard bands instead of the classic bands this past year. Consensus was Cuba being Cuba. Would be interesting to see what the video says.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

I remember seeing someone post on the forum they got a box with the standard bands instead of the classic bands this past year. Consensus was Cuba being Cuba. Would be interesting so see what the video says.

I wish it's just Cuba being Cuba like Connosseiur misspelled on H. Upmanm Connoisseur cigars.

1 hour ago, JZBdano said:

I saw this too.  Hopefully they ran out of the big bands and it's just temporary.   

Same thoughts buddy. I really like the classy look of HDM DC band ?

• Like 2

Wow, if they ditch the classic band that's just awful. It's a beautiful band I've always loved (even though I'm not the biggest Hoyo fan). I actually very much dislike the new standard Hoyo bands. They're pretty lame IMO. I liked that style more with the red/rose gold with less white much more:

hoyo-de-monterrey-standard-band-b-for-me

They had just spruced it up for the Gran Reservas as well. Maybe they're waiting for the new spruced up versions to arrive? I hope?

I'm still upset they cut the old Sir Winston band:

20130822-164541.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bijan said:

I hope they keep the classic band too.

But standard HdM band is one of my favourites too.

Standard HDM band looks good, but seems small for HDM DC compare to that classic band .

10 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Wow, if they ditch the classic band that's just awful. It's a beautiful band I've always loved (even though I'm not the biggest Hoyo fan). 

They had just spruced it up for the Gran Reservas as well. Maybe they're waiting for the new spruced up versions to arrive? I hope?

Wow, if they ditch the classic band that's just awful. It's a beautiful band I've always loved (even though I'm not the biggest Hoyo fan). I actually very much dislike the new standard Hoyo bands. They're pretty lame IMO. I liked that style more with the red/rose gold with less white much more:

hoyo-de-monterrey-standard-band-b-for-me

I'm still upset they cut the old Sir Winston band:

HDM DC band got revamped with crispier outlining and more details few yrs ago AFAIK. It looks classy and HDM DC is one of my wishlist CC as well.

I bet it's just temporary shortage of HDM DC band, but we would feel sad if it's gone forever. BTW, old Sir Winnie band looks badass for sure.

7 minutes ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

HDM DC band got revamped with crispier outlining and more details few yrs ago AFAIK. It looks classy and HDM DC is one of my wishlist CC as well.

I bet it's just temporary shortage of HDM DC band, but we would feel sad if it's gone forever.

The Gran Reserva band really jumped out at me. Maybe it has been sharper for a year or two but I hadn't noticed until the GRs. 

As far as them being cut, I have seen DCs with standard band E before (presumably due to shortage) which is why I'm surprised Ajay is presenting it as if it's a permanent change. I'm hoping he didn't just come across a box with band E and he got the idea.

Edit: here's the thread I'm thinking of. @El Presidente, have you seen any DC with the old bands lately?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The Gran Reserva band really jumped out at me. Maybe it has been sharper for a year or two but I hadn't noticed until the GRs. 

As far as them being cut, I have seen DCs with standard band E before (presumably due to shortage) which is why I'm surprised Ajay is presenting it as if it's a permanent change. I'm hoping he didn't just come across a box with band E and he got the idea.

Yeah, this is the reason why I felt surprised when Ajay said as if HDM DC band got replaced with band E permanently. Hope that it's just a Cuba being Cuba.

6 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Hope that it's just a Cuba being Cuba.

Don't think so - here in Germany the HdM DC's are also arriving with the new ugly ( or ist it : ugly new ) band ....

HDMDC.jpg

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, nino said:

Don't think so - here in Germany the HdM DC's are also arriving with the new ugly ( or ist it : ugly new ) band ....

Thanks Senor Nino! Seems that it's a permanent decision from Tabacuba rather than Cuba being Cuba unfortunately ??

On 1/27/2021 at 7:24 PM, Big Al said:

The rumor is they ran out of bands. I wonder if I should believe that or not ?

Certainly possible given many are produced off island and logistics have been a nightmare globally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1