mikinva

I've been close to ordering mixed filler JLP or Quinteros but haven't pulled the trigger... I do have a  have a tiny Cohiba cigarillo / machine made but it reminds me of a cigarette so I have a mental block against trying it.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mikinva the Cohiba ones are very well received. I don't like the length, too short. But generally I find the machine made cigarillos Shorts, Puritos, Clubs, Minis better than the handmade short filler cigars JLP, Quinteros, etc.

@SpecialK price is good on the short filler handmade cigars, but I don't get anywhere near the flavours of the long filler cigars. Oddly I've had better experience with those cigarillos.

Edit: It may be because there's so much less filler tobacco in the smaller RG cigarillos.

Edit 2: The machine made cigars are generally very poorly received, Guantanamera, etc.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 2:12 AM, SpecialK said:

I've been close to ordering mixed filler JLP or Quinteros but haven't pulled the trigger... I do have a  have a tiny Cohiba cigarillo / machine made but it reminds me of a cigarette so I have a mental block against trying it.. 

All of these are so inexpensive they are worth sampling to see what works for you. The Cohiba and Trini Shorts and the Partagas Chicos have their place in my rotation--when I have just a short period of time available and don't want to waste it on a larger smoke.     

The Quinteros (hand made mixed filler) are generally better than the JLP imho--when they are on they smoke way above their pay grade, and when they are off you remember why you paid so little for them.  ?

• Like 3

If you were going to try them I would buy that Cohiba Humidor with 50 Shorts in it at the sale price of $105 US. Most the stock I see for Cohiba shorts is 100ct at $210 plus. If you don't like them you always have that cool little humidor. 

• 1 month later...

Will be ordering some Montecristo Puritos, Partagas Chicos, and RyJ Puritos with my order tomorrow. I like the longer length and slightly bigger rg of these 3 than the Cohibas and Trinidads, but have heard good things about all of them.

For as cheap as they are I figure they are worth trying out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smbauerllc said:

Will be ordering some Montecristo Puritos, Partagas Chicos, and RyJ Puritos with my order tomorrow. I like the longer length of these 3 than the Cohibas and Trinidads.

I definitely like the length of them. Oddly enough I found the taste and construction better on the Clubs (very skinny) and Minis (way too short and even skinnier) though. Haven't had one of those in ages, but have a desktop humidor half full of Monte Puritos.

I am looking for some Belinda cigars, but no one has them in stock. I have a few left from my last trip to Cuba. I love them , I pick up some nice sweet tabacco and roasted nuts in every stick. If you have a chance to get some , buy a box.

• Like 1

I am looking for some Belinda cigars, but no one has them in stock. I have a few left from my last trip to Cuba. I love them , I pick up some nice sweet tabacco and roasted nuts in every stick. If you have a chance to get some , buy a box.
I would love to try them since its a marca I have never been able to try as I can never find them in stock anywhere. They must be pretty well liked or made in very limited quantities

• 1 month later...
Will be ordering some Montecristo Puritos, Partagas Chicos, and RyJ Puritos with my order tomorrow. I like the longer length and slightly bigger rg of these 3 than the Cohibas and Trinidads, but have heard good things about all of them.

Just to update now that I have smoked through them all, they were not bad at all. Nice taste, and no issues with burn,draw or construction.