Flavors that turn you off

9 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

I really hate the super-diluted cocoa flavor...you know, the kind Monte Opens & some other mass-produced Montes can have. Meh.

You mean the "Might be cocoa, might be clay mud" but really no definitive flavor. I totally agree. 

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pepper. The reason is because this is the one flavour, for me, that is most likely to dominate a cigar and cause an imbalance with the other flavours. However, pepper in itself, if it compliments the

#1 is pepper. Which is basically 95% of NC’s #2 is licorice. 

Pepper. 

I like pepper when it's part of a full bodied nicaraguan, but when it's the flavor from an otherwise mild-bodied Cuban that lingers in my tongue and throat, no thanks. The only less desirable would be that astringent, bitter flavor of a cigar burning hot or too young. There is no way that I could only smoke from one origin and be content. I really love the diversity.

• Like 1

*Don't do "butter":  Don't do "pepper": Don't like "Vegetal" - E-E-U-U-W-W.  And am finding I'm gravitating more and more away from Honduran puro cigars - too dirty and earthy tasting for me.

Ammonia ?‍♂️

21 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Soap/cilantro

Speaking of beer, the esters produced by Isoamyl acetate present banana aroma and flavor which is a flaw in most beers. Never got banana in a cigar!

Banana to me is a trait (and not a flaw) of Belgian beers like tripels.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HDGSN said:

Same here. I love Hefeweisse. My fav being Maisels. Clove, Banana, Bubblegum and Citrus from the same yeast profile. 

Pepper.  Especially a white pepper but a spicy black pepper is not sediment something I enjoy I enjoy smoking a cigar. So, basically most non-Cuban cigars that are produced these days. 

There is also a chemical taste that I seem to get when I smoke some non-Cuban maduros (a rare event).  There's even a strange color to the smoke (I think). It's suspicious. ? 

Used to drive passed a paper factory semi frequently, the smell from there was this acrid burning cardboard/paper smell that would gag me, hard to explain.  I get that every once in a while from a really bad MonteCristo.  I love Montes but bad ones that have that quality I’m 2 puffs in a I’m binning it.

9 hours ago, HDGSN said:

Ammonia ?‍♂️

Yes, agree the banana is present and expected in some Belgians and hefes. I did say most....

The wild yeasts and results are a key factor that contributes to Michael Jackson's (not the gloved one) opinion that Belgium is the Disneyland of beer!

On 2/8/2021 at 10:46 AM, Cmelle said:

Can't handle the soapy note I used to get from non cuban maduros . Always tasted like soap to me. Got it a lot in Padron maduros. 

so true for me too.  I got a soapy flavour from a maduro chateau fuente aurturo fuente   before and it was a real turn off.  

• Like 1

Super floral or perfume like flavor. I have a couple boxes of Fonseca no1 UTL MAY 18 that taste like I’m chewing on an 80 year woman’s night gown. I had some 2019 Fonseca that were sweet and chocolatey. Miles apart 

• Like 2

Never gotten any buttery notes from a lit cigar, but most certainly from a cold one and to me they're the best. When I get a nice buttery aroma, I know that's a top notch smoke! The most offputting I would have to agree with the others is pepper and also that acrid note get when the cigar is overheated... yuck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk