H. Upmann Sir Winstons Factory Code???

I have been looking at what the Factory Code that the Sir Winstons are made at in the past few years and it seems like the Sir Winstons are never made at their H. Upmann Factory. 

If the Sir Winstons are the flagship of the H. Upmann line, why are they not made at the H. Upmann Factory?

• Like 1

Without looking into this question with the aid of more in-depth research, and 'off the top of my head' so-to-speak, have a look at some of the box codes for the H.Upmann Sir Winstons you have noted and check if they coincide with the box codes for other Churchill-sized cigars such as the Romeo y Julieta Churchills, Cohiba Esplendidos and the El Rey del Mundo Tainos Regional Edition even. We may find a correlation with this vitola being rolled out of just one or two factories due to their smaller annual production (in comparison to other Habanos cigars such as the Petit Robustos-sized ones).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm seeing a few codes for SW floating around. 

EOS 19 - I see lots from EOS out there. Medio Siglo, Siglo II, Hoyo Epi 2, Edmundos, PSD6, Mag 54, HUCJ. Clearly a provincial factory.

RUM 18 - about the same mix of cigars as EOS although some Talisman and Monte 1935 have RUM codes. Likely another provincial.

BUM 18 - Lots of BUM Monte 1-5 out there. 

SEA 17 - Don't recall seeing a whole lot of anything SEA. A few here and there but seems to be a low production factory.

TRU 17 - Again, like EOS & RUM, lots of various cigars including Monte 2, Edmundos, Hoyo Epi, HUHC, HUCJ, Siglo I. Another provincial.

So not sure if we can discern any patterns with SW yet. I have always found the sheer number of factories producing SW to be odd. It's very strange that a flagship cigar like that with such limited, high quality leaf is so dispersed among what are clearly several provincial factories. In fact, seeing a SW from any Havana factory is quite rare although I have seen it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Fezztone said:

I have a SW box UTL Jul 19 if it helps the research efforts. 

UTL - seeing a lot of Cohiba Exquisitos, Monte 2, Edmundos, Hoyo Epi 2, PE, JLS2, Monte Eagle, Monte 1935, PSD6, PSP2, Vigia, Vegueros Centrofinos.

Looks like a high volume provincial.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I'm seeing a few codes for SW floating around. 

EOS 19 - I see lots from EOS out there. Medio Siglo, Siglo II, Hoyo Epi 2, Edmundos, PSD6, Mag 54, HUCJ. Clearly a provincial factory.

RUM 18 - about the same mix of cigars as EOS although some Talisman and Monte 1935 have RUM codes. Likely another provincial.

BUM 18 - Lots of BUM Monte 1-5 out there. 

SEA 17 - Don't recall seeing a whole lot of anything SEA. A few here and there but seems to be a low production factory.

TRU 17 - Again, like EOS & RUM, lots of various cigars including Monte 2, Edmundos, Hoyo Epi, HUHC, HUCJ, Siglo I. Another provincial.

So not sure if we can discern any patterns with SW yet. I have always found the sheer number of factories producing SW to be odd. It's very strange that a flagship cigar like that with such limited, high quality leaf is so dispersed among what are clearly several provincial factories. In fact, seeing a SW from any Havana factory is quite rare although I have seen it.

To assist in the research proposed by @JohnS You can add Esplendidos to the EOS 19 code - I've got a 2019 box that is great

• Thanks 2

I don't think we're going to find any obvious connection. Too many high volume provincial factories are producing SW. EOS was producing everything under the sun--SW, Esplendidos, HU Tubos. 

It's always baffled me. You have 90% of Connie 1 and Connie A production at HU but almost no SW there. 

Same with Lusitanias. Very little Lusi production at Partagas. And Esplendidos--very little at El Laguito. Same for RyJ Churchills. Very dispersed production. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

MOL, TRU, ATE and UTL all produce lots of everything. Likely all provincial.

19 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

“CVA ABR 03”.

That wasn't a La Habana code. Likely another provincial.

Can we even find one recent La Habana box? Wow.

4 hours ago, FireDigger said:

I have an "UPM ENE 08". When I first got it, I was really excited because I thought UPM = Upmann, but after reading up on this a bit, it seems like a provincial code. No worries though as they looked fabulous.

H Upmann was ROA in 06, USE in 07-08 and MOA in 09.

UPM was only seen once on 24:24 in Q4 08. Probably for the SW. Uncommon code, likely small volume provincial.

49 minutes ago, FrancisK7 said:
RUM AGO 19
RMS DIC 12

RMS was uncommon. Appeared only once ever in 24:24 in Q3 2013, probably was the SW. Uncommon code, likely small volume provincial.

RUM, super common, produces lots of everything, likely provincial.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vhampl03 said:

Anyone have an idea when we might see SW offered again? Love all Upmann and excited to get a box at some point.  Thanks all.

Should be popping up this year. Last seen was Q3 19 so it might be late 21. They can disappear for 12-16 months. I'm actually surprised how steady they've been available from 17-20. 

A few cigars have been on pause for a while. LGC MdO4 is going on 2 years. Punch DC has been MIA for a while. Cohiba Lanceros have been hard to find. Siglo V 25s are always low on the ground. Party 898 just came back after about 6-9 months. Cuaba Salomon just popped up after a year or two. Boli Libertadores are getting thin. 

• Like 4