Superbowl Day thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quickly threw this together this morning... watching by myself... should be enough, you think?? (pinched from amysedaris Insta )

My wife and I moved over to Jacksonville from Tampa last year to do a hotel project. It was completed (finally) Saturday morning, so I took a picture of the sunrise and packed my punch cart into my tr

Getting warmed up...

Bucs and Brady executed belichick game plan perfect - take away chiefs hill and make others beat u.  They had no answer. Lol. Can’t believe he won another even though I did pick the bucs. 

So quick question.
Bucs win. Brady GOAT,
44 next year
Do your retire now?

He said after the game he’s coming back next year. With the way he’s playing and the team around him, why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LLC said:

He said after the game he’s coming back next year. With the way he’s playing and the team around him, why not.

Exactly. First year for this team to win a Super Bowl. Seems anymore that once a team wins it, if they are going to win multiples it would pay to stick around the next 3-4 years. 

Congrats to the Bucs! That stifling D tonight reminded me of their days back in the NFC North. Not taking anything away from the Bucs, but I’m not sure if anyone bothered to mention to KC OL that they’re playing in the Super Bowl..good lord Mahomes didn’t stand a chance with the guys in front of him. I thought I was watching the Vikings OL and Kurt Cousins scrambling for dear life in the backfield. Very happy to see a talented MN Gopher alumni Winfield Jr. have a great rookie season end with a ring and receiver Tyler Johnson a Minneapolis kid from North High School get one too

just absolutely love any team which bases the big win on great defence. especially these days. the reason i loved the 85 chicago bears so much. 2000 ravens. the steel curtain - if i was a QB, i don't think any player would have given me nightmares like joe greene. also why my favourite skin of all time is daryl green. so today made me very happy (and the chiefs honestly looked like they thought that they only had to turn up). 

that and a great offensive line - 83 and 87 hogs anyone? 92 skins might not have got the same big hype as those earlier teams but from memory, they allowed just nine (or was it seven) sacks for the entire season. will we ever see that again? 

you can have great QBs and WRs and so on but a star defence and a star OL my favourite things. 

no surprise todd bowles was on that 87 team. i would have bucked tradition and called him up for the MVP. what a brilliant job. there have to be teams out there that are thinking why the hell didn't we make him our head coach for next year. 

a great defence is also why i finally have some optimism for washington, first time in a long time. chase young. stays fit and he'll be an all time superstar. sweat, allen, payne, ioniddis. cracking stuff up front. but long way to go. need to build the backfield and we need a couple of great LBs. love to see foster finally overcome the injuries but that might be a longshot. collins at safety is a huge plus. if i am the washington front office, and tampa can't fit david under the cap, he is my first target (would love white but that ain't happening). my biggest concern is that some dimwit in the office decides to trade one or two of these guys for a mediocre QB. and how the hell we keep them all under the cap for the next 4-5 years. 

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Great game Bucs :clap:

You had  to shut down the most potent offense in the NFL.  Nailed it. 

This is rarefied territory for Bucs fans :D

And they did a damn fine job of shutting down that KC offense. They kept Mahomes scrambling all night. All he could do was either fling it, or get clobbered. I must say that I was shocked to see such a dominating win. I figured it would be a good close game and the Chiefs would probably pull it off in end, but the Bucs really showed their worth tonight.

... and Honestly, it really COULD have and SHOULD have been 38-9. That goal line conversion should not have happened and is almost unheard of, the way it went down. Jones just happened to unfortunately do the exact same thing twice when he slammed into the back of the pile instead of either diving over the top or simply taking one step to the right to break the plane. It was just a bizarre and unfortunate 2 plays that, 9 times out of 10, would have resulted in a TD?

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

So quick question.

Bucs win. Brady GOAT,

44 next year

Do your retire now?

As long as he still has enough joy of the game + talent to endure everything it takes to play QB in the NFL, he'll continue to come back.  You can see it on his face, that guy loves to play football.  That was a great performance by the entire team.

• Like 1