Superbowl Day thread

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quickly threw this together this morning... watching by myself... should be enough, you think?? (pinched from amysedaris Insta )

My wife and I moved over to Jacksonville from Tampa last year to do a hotel project. It was completed (finally) Saturday morning, so I took a picture of the sunrise and packed my punch cart into my tr

Getting warmed up...

Tom didn't even break a sweat . Ran around 30 yards total to Mahomes over 300. KC had to deal with selfish  Tyrann Mathieu losing his mind at half time instead of sorting out a game plan for the second half.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, porkchop said:

Given some of those calls on that drive, Mathieu did have reason.

it is the superbowl. no matter how unhappy you are about calls, he is a professional sportsman and does know better. he badly let his team down. if he is not good enough to do better, he is not half the player he thinks he is. 

on the other side, i'd have hooked the bucs player pinged for taunting if i was the coach. also selfish and stupid. sure, they had it won but if that is your mentality, it will come back to bite you at some stage. as the great joe gibbs used to say, win with class. that was not. 

Cigar Aficionado had an article highlighting they celebrated with cigars. There were some other cigar events leading up to the Super Bowl that got some good attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, LLC said:

Cigar Aficionado had an article highlighting they celebrated with cigars. There were some other cigar events leading up to the Super Bowl that got some good attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TB Cigar City...

6 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

he is a professional sportsman and does know better. 

Professional sportsman? He’s (a) goon, paid millions to run fast and inflict permanent brain damage damage so the rest of us can be entertained/sold consumables. That said, among the basest human instincts is a reaction to being screwed - on that drive, the Chiefs were. Don’t love saying it - he gets a pass.

Edited by porkchop
Missed word

3 minutes ago, porkchop said:

Professional sportsman? He’s goon, paid millions to run fast and inflict permanent brain damage damage so the rest of us can be entertained/sold consumables. That said, among the basest human instincts is a reaction to being screwed - on that drive, the Chiefs were. Don’t love saying it - he gets a pass.

sure, not einstein but that is not the point. if he wants to play sport for big bucks and screw himself through stupidity, go play tennis and carry on like our own moron, kygrios.

but he is part of a team. he does not get a pass. perhaps the blame lies with the coaching staff who did not drill this into him (was this the guy who invented a girlfriend ages ago? whether or not he has past transgressions, it does not matter). it is the superbowl. and yes, you are paid millions. but he is part of a team.

none of us likes getting screwed but this is the sports equivalent of road rage where someone cuts you off and you get out and scream at the guy and miss your wedding or some really really important appointment. get over it. do your job, for which you are paid millions. the game was still in the balance. his actions were contrary to the interests of his team. not accidental. not a guy trying his best who stuffed up. he chose to act this way. 

he let himself and his teammates and the chiefs down badly. 

9 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

he let himself and his teammates and the chiefs down badly. 

Of course he did. The guy likely hasn't been coached, in the way you're mentioning, maybe ever. 

In college, Manti Teo had a fake online girlfriend. Mathieu was possibly suspended for drugs.

Just now, porkchop said:

Of course he did. The guy likely hasn't been coached, in the way you're mentioning, maybe ever. 

In college, Manti Teo had a fake online girlfriend. Mathieu was possibly suspended for drugs.

sorry, wrong guy. i may have done him a disservice with that. 

and some of this is surely on the coaches. i look to my mob, washington, and see the ill-discipline under gruden and then the new culture under riveria. still a long way from perfect but the huge change brings results. whoever thought we'd make the playoffs this year (and give the bucs more of a run than any other team). 

this bloke is an extremely talented player and a team leader. if we had a senior player (i think he was pro bowl, if not all-pro?) acting this way, i'd have been livid. the young guys on the team see him doing this, they act the same way and it is toxic for a team. that is why i can't give him a pass. a rookie, you'd be very disappointed but you could understand it. i was staggered he lost it like that. i think i posted at half time, probably this thread, the bucs were going to romp home. even though the chiefs were still in it at that stage with mahomes able to chase down big deficits, when i saw that i thought that this team had no chance of coming back, despite everything mahomes was trying.