Great Photos

55 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The day prior to the run, my dad and his mates took me through a trial walk of the run (just under a kilometre / .6 of a mile) 

All the safe nooks (corners/door recesses) to protect yourself should you find yourself in trouble. Running into the arena is one of the biggest trouble spots/bottlenecks. 

I was 16 at the time, decked out in White/Red and with a newspaper to smack those bulls on the arse. Needless to say I smacked nothing.

It is a great week of festivities.  

Pamplona is a fantastic city.  San Sebastian (my favourite town) is an hour away. Do both for a great time away :cigar:

Will put on the list. Still not sure I'd do the run, though if not my Papa card would most likely be revoked.....

Bit of quick research.... Hemingway first visited the Festival of San Fermín in Pamplona, Spain, in 1923, where he became fascinated by bullfighting.[46] It is at this time that he began to be referred to as "Papa"

• Like 1

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Home Surf Club and Beach.  No better place for a drink and a bite to eat.  Membership: $10 a year         

Love this one.         

A picture my daughter took of her dog a while back. One of my favorite pictures. 

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

was very high on the bucketlist. tried very hard to get there but could never make the timing work. now, the knee does not work so well. i might be past it. 

Yes, it's the knee.....:rotfl:

• Like 1

And you can get multi-TB storage for the home in a book sized device these days....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

fuzz, the problem with that is that it can be a bit messy. 

More worried about the slip and fall than the horn up the ass? Probably the safer strategy....

8 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

fuzz, the problem with that is that it can be a bit messy. 

7 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

More worried about the slip and fall than the horn up the ass? Probably the safer strategy....

I'd have to agree with Mike here. Better dirty clothes covered in bull muck, than an inconveniently placed bull's horn, inserted at speed.

The clothes/shoes I can always clean or just throw away. The newly made horn shaped orifice? Not so easy to fix. And your clothes will be soiled any, it's just not the bull's fault this time. :rotfl:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I'd have to agree with Mike here. Better dirty clothes covered in bull muck, than an inconveniently placed bull's horn, inserted at speed.

The clothes/shoes I can always clean or just throw away. The newly made horn shaped orifice? Not so easy to fix. And your clothes will be soiled any, it's just not the bull's fault this time. :rotfl:

to be honest, i was not thinking of the bull turning around and coming back to have a crack with the horns. i was thinking it would be unpleasant to wade through all that bull****. but then i thought, i am a member of this forum. i do that every day. 

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:06 PM, El Presidente said:

The day prior to the run, my dad and his mates took me through a trial walk of the run (just under a kilometre / .6 of a mile) 

All the safe nooks (corners/door recesses) to protect yourself should you find yourself in trouble. Running into the arena is one of the biggest trouble spots/bottlenecks. 

I was 16 at the time, decked out in White/Red and with a newspaper to smack those bulls on the arse. Needless to say I smacked nothing.

It is a great week of festivities.  

Pamplona is a fantastic city.  San Sebastian (my favourite town) is an hour away. Do both for a great time away :cigar:

X2 on San Sabastian.

Big Al 

I remember when I was stationed in Germany my unit took a group vacation to Barcelona. A bunch of them peeled off when we got there to go up to run with the bulls. I had seen enough TV on the run, been chased by enough livestock and wild animals growing up to know I didn't want a piece of that. They all came back in one piece with a few bumps and bruises and a few good stories of close calls. 

16 hours ago, gorob23 said:

and YOU said I was crazy for my bike trips ......  !!???!!!

But I was young ;-)

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2021 at 1:15 PM, El Presidente said:

My Home Surf Club and Beach. 

No better place for a drink and a bite to eat. 

Membership: $10 a year 

IMG_1728.JPG

paul-biondi-ZoKJBgJJUbc-unsplash.jpg

Is Ken a member?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3