Cohiba Siglo II SLB question

First, let me say that this is my very first post here or on any cigar related board. 

I have been buying and collecting cigars for over 25 years. Mostly non-Cuban until three years ago. 

In the last three years 95% of my purchases have been Cuban. I started out buying Monte and Partagas, then branching out from there. 

I was able to resist splurging on Cohibas until recently. Now I have five boxes-Siglio II, iV, and VI, Robustos, and the Piramide Extra AT. 

So here is my first newb and naive question-yesterday my box of Cohiba Siglio II 25 SLB arrived. I am no stranger to sliding boxes. 

I cut the labels and slid the box open. It was a tight fitting lid. The 25 Cohibas were bound by Cohiba's wide and thick yellow ribbon in a somewhat circular pattern. The ribbon was tied so tight that I feared pulling one cigar out would tear the wrapper. I got one out-I wanted to inspect it  up close and be nerdy about it-and then I could not get it back in. So I pulled all 25 sticks out and laid them into the box in what I consider to be conventional fashion-just laid down side by side and then layering. But they would not fit. What is going on? It makes no sense to me but nothing I did would make 25 cigars fit back into the supplied varnished SLB. I had to leave one out. Is there a trick?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Fsonicsmith said:

So I pulled all 25 sticks out and laid them into the box in what I consider to be conventional fashion-just laid down side by side and then layering. But they would not fit. What is going on? It makes no sense to me but nothing I did would make 25 cigars fit back into the supplied varnished SLB. I had to leave one out. Is there a trick?

Do you mean still in the ribbon or out of the ribbon. Sometimes it's tough getting the bundle in the ribbon back in. If you mean you removed the 25 cigars from the ribbon and they don't fit back in the box, then that's a bit odd as there's usually more than enough room once they're out of the ribbon.

Edit: as @mprach024 said, one row at a time should do it. As many as will fit in the bottom, then another row fitting in the hollows of the bottom row cigars, etc.

Just now, mprach024 said:

Lol I’ve had this happen to me!  It takes jenga skills, but don’t dump them all in at once, lay them in one row at a time and you’ll get it.

Also they won’t fit perfectly across with a row, you need to lay next row on top with each one in between, and the extra space will slightly from bottom will lower them down, don’t line them up next to each other.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woody Hayes said:

Apparently there is a trick because someone originally inserted all 25 in the box.

They use angled boards the width of the interior of the box, and then stack them with ribbon ready to be tied.  Never seen such a device sold nor do I know the proper angles/measurements.  I’m sure I could figure it out but I’m too lazy.

1 hour ago, mprach024 said:

Also they won’t fit perfectly across with a row, you need to lay next row on top with each one in between, and the extra space will slightly from bottom will lower them down, don’t line them up next to each other.

This is why I don’t write instruction manuals by the way, be easier if I could show you

6 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Also be prepared for 25 replies asking you to introduce yourself in the newbie section ?

I will do that right now, thanks. 

I meant trying to get them back in without the ribbon. Mprach024 was right and that is what I did-alternated the layers since six won't fit in one layer. You have to alternate them such that the second layer overlaps those underneath (the sticks are not vertical). I would not worry but for any damage to the wrappers caused by my stubborn desire to keep them in the original box. I could and would simply put them in a SC tray in my huge Igloodor but again, with Cohibas, I like them to be in the original box just for appearances sake. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

This is why I don’t write instruction manuals by the way, be easier if I could show you

Start a youtube channel :)

I use them for home improvements and car maintenance, might as well have them for cigars ?

22 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

They use angled boards the width of the interior of the box, and then stack them with ribbon ready to be tied.  Never seen such a device sold nor do I know the proper angles/measurements.  I’m sure I could figure it out but I’m too lazy.

I've used books layered on the sides to reform bundles.  It's nearly impossible without supporting the cigars on the sides on bottom rows.

• JohnS changed the title to Cohiba Siglo II SLB question
59 minutes ago, JZBdano said:

I've used books layered on the sides to reform bundles.  It's nearly impossible without supporting the cigars on the sides on bottom rows.

Crafty!

1 hour ago, Bijan said:

Start a youtube channel :)

I use them for home improvements and car maintenance, might as well have them for cigars ?

Again....too lazy ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

Again....too lazy ?

Plus I think you need videos to be 5 or 10 minutes long at a minimum to get ad revenue.

You'd probably end up feeling pretty scummy making 10 minute clickbait videos of how to fit cigars back into the box they came from, or how to punch cut a cigar, or how to light a cigar, and so on.  ?

9 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

You all are over complicating this. Smoke the ones that don’t fit. You’re welcome. ?

or send the top layer to your new found friends here... Hi my name is Kevin :) 

• Haha 2