Which 2020 ERs are you looking forward to the most?

So it's early 2021 now and most of the 2020 ERs should hit the shelves at some point this year. The 3 that interest me the most are the RA Noellas jar for Italy, the LGC Laguito No.2 for BeLux and the RA 109 for the Netherlands. A pic of the jar recently popped up so I expect this one to probably be the first of the 3 to hit the shelves. My source tells me that the BeLux probably won't arrive before September and I know that test cigars for the 109 have recently been handed out.

Also of note is the Diplomaticos for Spain as I like the Diplomaticos ERs. I've heard that it's going to be an Edmundo but I'd like confirmation for that as Spain always go for Petit Robustos lately.

Another one that is of interest to me is the QdO for Switzerland since it's a 109 as I'm a huge fan of the vitola. But I'm not a big fan of the QdO releases since they changed the bands except for the Capitolio. So I don't think that I will commit to a cab without having sampled them first.

I'm still waiting for confirmation about the two ERs for France but it seems that there will be a QdO Churchill (which is hilarious because they should never have discontinued the Imperiales) and a ERdM Sublimes. The Sublimes would be nice since it's my favourite fat RG vitola.

• Like 1

HSA has hardly put a foot wrong for any of the 109s. Every reason to think the upcoming RA and QdO will deliver. The RA Noellas are interesting but the jar will likely have a premium not to mention the markup getting them out of Italy.

Personally, the LGC Dobles and LGC Mag 50 would be the most appealing to me brand/size wise.

10 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

HSA has hardly put a foot wrong for any of the 109s. Every reason to think the upcoming RA and QdO will deliver. The RA Noellas are interesting but the jar will likely have a premium not to mention the markup getting them out of Italy.

Personally, the LGC Dobles and LGC Mag 50 would be the most appealing to me brand/size wise.

I agree, the RA Noellas will be hard to source but I have been lucky with the Italian REs since the Don José.

The LGC Dobles tickle my interest as I like the LGC REs most of the time but they will be extremely hard to source (or shall I say expensive) for me as I don't have a decent connection to get these. The European ones are never a big problem for me and the Asian ones show up on FoH, it's the rest of the world that has always been problematic for me.

32 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Looking forward to a few of those. The Quai d'Orsay Selection Royale does look very well, I'll be smoking this later today. Looking forward to the Italian jar and Spanish Diplomatico too.

I got a couple of these from a friend at Intertabak last year. The bands may be different when they are officially launched.

Quai_dOrsay_Selection_Royale.JPG.2d003a99e70509f61ee7033cb9c31d0a.JPG

I would be interested in reading your thoughts once you have smoked it Andy.

4 minutes ago, gojira said:

I would be interested in reading your thoughts once you have smoked it Andy.

I do a quick review here when I've smoked it. The ones I have are over a year old now so, on launch, they may be different. Though I'd imagine at least similar. The wrapper feels great and nice woody aroma at the foot for a start but I'll do a quick review later when I light it. I can't work and smoke a cigar at the same time. Hope to be finishing about 5 pm today. Half-day!

• Like 1

None. After spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on them in the past I have learned something. I will get a few here and there (off trading) buts thats about it.I think @PIgFish has it right as he states "friends dont let friends smoke EL's".I couldnt agree more. There have been some good ones no doubt. Risk/reward isnt worth it to me on a full box purchase

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh, the SCdLH? I really liked the Punch and the JL for Portugal. The Boli not so much. Would be interested in trying a few singles of the next one. 

I saw that there was a Belux RE from LGC that is going to be in a Laguito No 2, and then the QdO Churchill (Julieta No 2) from France. Those are the 2 I want to get my hands on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hookmaker said:

Word from inside is that the Swiss 109 is not being rolled yet, so probably also won’t be released in 21emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will give us more money to spend on the RA 109 then Henrik, lol!

I'll echo what many of how a,ready said...the LGC Lag No. 2 and the QDO 109. I'm a sucker for both LGC & 109s, so not sure how I can fade either, regardless of price.

I don't expect these in 2021...I'm guessing early 2022

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PuroDan said:

None. After spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on them in the past I have learned something. I will get a few here and there (off trading) buts thats about it.I think @PIgFish has it right as he states "friends dont let friends smoke EL's".I couldnt agree more. There have been some good ones no doubt. Risk/reward isnt worth it to me on a full box purchase

Even though I’ve only bought 3 boxes of RE’s, I fully agree with you. They can be great, but they’re 2x the price of regular production for the hope that they’ll become spectacular. I’d much rather load up on high quality handpicked regular production! 

However, if a genie gave me 3 RE boxes that would magically appear in my cooler, those QdO 109’s and the LGC no 2’s would be on the top of my list.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Even though I’ve only bought 3 boxes of RE’s, I fully agree with you. They can be great, but they’re 2x the price of regular production for the hope that they’ll become spectacular. I’d much rather load up on high quality handpicked regular production! 

However, if a genie gave me 3 RE boxes that would magically appear in my cooler, those QdO 109’s and the LGC no 2’s would be on the top of my list.

I rarely rarely buy the “edition” cigars.  LCDH releases are the only ones that can get me to break my code now and then.  La Trova and Libertador are only ones of recent memory that have gotten me to do so.  Maybe I’ll some new releases can get me to pay the premium as well, but I doubt it.  If I’m paying premium prices, I’d rather just buy Siglo VIs, Espys, or Esmereldas and Topes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

A bit later than promised but here goes. I'm not great at reviews, I don't enjoy the cigar as much when I have to think about it so much.

Nice aroma on cold. Good draw, if a tiny bit on the loose side.

A lot of white pepper on the nose but that calms down after the first inch. Main flavours, woody, spicy, fruity with a little bit of chocolate every now and then.

Pairs very very well with the Santiago 11. I always start that neat then add ice when I feel like it, which is usually.

Towards the halfway point and now I'm getting mostly choclate-y. That could be the rum I suppose.

I'm only half way through now but I have a Zoom thing to go to.

Very very good so far. I'd recommend.

Thank you Andy!

I agree that a cigar is less enjoyable if you think about it too much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Absolutely. The VR Maestros was a really really good stick, but  there is a good reason why regular production has stood the test of time

• Like 1