Barack Obama co-hosting a podcast with Bruce Springsteen...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The correct answer is highlighted.  Which of the following activities would you prefer to do.  A: Listen to Barak Obama B. Listen to Bruce Springstein C. Fall down a slide of razor

Rush Limbaugh, Barak Obama and Bruce Springsteen walk into a bar......

Uh, I don't want to hear either one of them...

25 minutes ago, Fezztone said:

Uh oh- This could get ugly.  According to the news Bruce Springsteen recently walked out of a bar and into jail :)

Accurate reports say he was on his motorbike and drinking his own Tequila on a state park when he was arrested.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bruce-springsteen-arrest-1127186/

New details have emerged since the report of Bruce Springsteen’s November arrest surfaced earlier this week. Springsteen was arrested at Gateway National Recreation Area in Sandy Hook, New Jersey, on November 14th. According to a police report obtained by Vulture, Springsteen told an arresting officer that he had consumed “two shots of tequila in the last 20 minutes.”

“Springsteen smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes,” the report continued, before stating that the New Jersey singer, who was arrested for DWI, performed a “standardized field sobriety tests and observed four out of six clues on the [horizontal gaze] test.” (The horizontal gaze test refers to a test in which the suspect is instructed to follow a stimulus, such as a pen or a finger, with their eyes while keeping their head still.) A source familiar with the case told the Asbury Park Press that Springsteen’s blood alcohol content was .02, a quarter of the legal limit.

According to Glenn Kassman, a criminal and municipal defense attorney in New Jersey who specializes in DUI/DWI cases, the case will be very hard to prove. “I would say that they’re never going to prove DWI based on that,” says Kassman, commenting on the police report. “There is a chasm — a grand canyon — between probable cause to arrest on suspicion of drunk driving or operating a vehicle in an intoxicated condition, and proof beyond reasonable doubt that he did so.” DWI laws vary state to state, but in New Jersey, there is no legal difference between DWI and DUI.

I genuinely like them both but won't be listening (I got a prompt from Spotify) as I fear the conversation will be
"You're great"
"No, you're great"
"Me? No. You're great"
Etc etc

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 4

I'd be curious to know what the field breathalyzer read and the time it was given vs the toxicology sample given. I know several cops that run field sobriety checkpoints and people with DWI's. Pretty common anymore that among tactics to get out of a DWI (Aside from telling the cop the only had 1 or 2 drinks) is to stall as long as possible from the time they pull over to the time they get to pull blood. I've been drinking with said friends and one of them will run out to their squad car and pull out the breathalyzer and  confirm who is good to go etc. The eye opener for me was when I was in a brewery program and on lab days we could not leave class until everyone was below the legal limit. State Limit was .08 for standard drivers license and half that at .04 for Commercial Drivers License (Which I and several others have). So I and 4 others could not leave until we were under .04. ) There were several times the whole class and myself were over .08 and have to sit there until we were sobered up. I don't recall how long it was but it takes far less time than one thinks to go from .08 or even .09 to .03 or less. So we confirmed if one were to get pulled over the amount of time it takes for an officer to pull you over often they give you a breathalyzer before and after the sobriety test as you start time but usually takes 2 hours to get you through booking. Police only request a blood sample from you in certain situations (Injury, death, serious accident) in which you would have additional time if you force them to obtain a warrant to obtain. https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/drunk-driving-defense/dui-booking-bail.html  I don't know what the laws in other states are but in mine its a pretty good idea to demand a toxicology IF you think you can beat it. If only a breathalyzer is obtained you can fight it pretty easy and get it knocked down to a reckless driving. The catch with a toxicology is you could walk free or you could also find the court has far less leniency if you still come back over the legal limit. 

I lost a cousin to his drunk driving. I love the guy, fortunately his girl friend survived. That and a couple other alcohol related accidents/incidents involving people I knew at an early age taught me to take drunk driving seriously. So that said, his blood came back at .02 what's the time difference between his field breathalyzer? I could easily be .08 or .09 and 2 hours later be .02-.03. If he gets out of it that's fine using the toxicology though. It's legal. But he and many others that have been on the side of the road and blew that .08 and higher know what they were really. 

8 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

I genuinely like them both but won't be listening (I got a prompt from Spotify) as I fear the conversation will be
"You're great"
"No, you're great"
"Me? No. You're great"
Etc etc

Sent by spooky action at a distance

And you know Bruce Springsteen would refer to himself in the third person and nick name.

i did see that the other day. have not listened - not really a podcast guy and way too much to do at the moment (if he was singing, perhaps a different thing). 

as for the arrest, has been covered in other threads. the reports seem reasonably consistent. the bloke was caught and told them he'd had two drinks in the last twenty minutes. he went 0.02.

personally, if he was drink driving then i have absolutely no problem with him charging him to the full extent. same as for anyone. 

in Oz, we don't have the various sobriety tests that seem pervasive in the States. you blow into the bag, as we say. the breathalyzer. that decides. on the spot (sometimes, the police will set up a testing site and have everything right there but usually, if you want to argue, you go back to the station and get the proper full test).

our limit is 0.05. used to be 0.08 but lowered to 0.05 ages ago. if you had not had a drink for quite a while and blew just over 0.05 then worth going back for a proper test as you might drop below. but even then, i'm not sure that will always get you out of it. and anyone refusing to take a test basically gets hit with at least the equivalent of a serious level charge. 

what i would suggest is that if he is telling the truth and he only had two shots and they were in the last 20 minutes, then the immediate test would have given a result way over what his real blood level was - the residue in the mouth does that. 

agree with fosgate it should be taken seriously. if he did offend, throw the book at him. 

here, it is not the police asking for blood tests etc (would differ in serious accidents etc)). it will be the offender. so if it happened here and he read 0.02 when challenged by the cop, he would have been sent on his way with a polite thanks. if you go over and want to go back to the station for a test, it usually happens very quickly. here, it would be extremely unlikely to take so long as to allow anyone to drop from over the limit to 0.02, especially if the limit was 0.08. that would take a good few hours. i think ours a better way to get around those trying to avoid the system. and it can't be that difficult to have it happen quickly. 

the only other thing worth noting is that there are stories that the cop was of a different political persausion to that which bruce might have indicated of late. and that influenced his actions. would hardly be the first time that sort of thing happened with police the world over. but i have absolutely no idea if it is true or not. if true, then throw the book at the cop (but even if true and bruce was over, throw it at him as well). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i did see that the other day. have not listened - not really a podcast guy and way too much to do at the moment (if he was singing, perhaps a different thing). 

as for the arrest, has been covered in other threads. the reports seem reasonably consistent. the bloke was caught and told them he'd had two drinks in the last twenty minutes. he went 0.02.

personally, if he was drink driving then i have absolutely no problem with him charging him to the full extent. same as for anyone. 

in Oz, we don't have the various sobriety tests that seem pervasive in the States. you blow into the bag, as we say. the breathalyzer. that decides. on the spot (sometimes, the police will set up a testing site and have everything right there but usually, if you want to argue, you go back to the station and get the proper full test).

our limit is 0.05. used to be 0.08 but lowered to 0.05 ages ago. if you had not had a drink for quite a while and blew just over 0.05 then worth going back for a proper test as you might drop below. but even then, i'm not sure that will always get you out of it. and anyone refusing to take a test basically gets hit with at least the equivalent of a serious level charge. 

what i would suggest is that if he is telling the truth and he only had two shots and they were in the last 20 minutes, then the immediate test would have given a result way over what his real blood level was - the residue in the mouth does that. 

agree with fosgate it should be taken seriously. if he did offend, throw the book at him. 

here, it is not the police asking for blood tests etc (would differ in serious accidents etc)). it will be the offender. so if it happened here and he read 0.02 when challenged by the cop, he would have been sent on his way with a polite thanks. if you go over and want to go back to the station for a test, it usually happens very quickly. here, it would be extremely unlikely to take so long as to allow anyone to drop from over the limit to 0.02, especially if the limit was 0.08. that would take a good few hours. i think ours a better way to get around those trying to avoid the system. and it can't be that difficult to have it happen quickly. 

the only other thing worth noting is that there are stories that the cop was of a different political persausion to that which bruce might have indicated of late. and that influenced his actions. would hardly be the first time that sort of thing happened with police the world over. but i have absolutely no idea if it is true or not. if true, then throw the book at the cop (but even if true and bruce was over, throw it at him as well). 

I’m just amazed so many people care about Springsteen getting a DUI.  

im also surprised people argue that Springsteen isn’t relevant when he could sell out 100 shows in a row without trying and Obama is consistently voted the most beloved human being on the planet.  

I don’t listen to podcasts except for Talking Sopranos but the two of them Doing a podcast has pretty wide appeal.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fezztone said:

At the end of the day the cops had to detain him. His record states he is Born to Run. Sorry, someone had to say it. 

?

Would've been better if Springsteen was drinking something American.  All this Americana he "promotes" and then goes drinking tequila?  How about some SoCo like he pretends to be about.

• Like 2