Barack Obama co-hosting a podcast with Bruce Springsteen...

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Would've been better if Springsteen was drinking something American.  All this Americana he "promotes" and then goes drinking tequila?  How about some SoCo like he pretends to be about.

the poor bloke can't win. he is now to be criticised for what he was drinking? 

in fairness to him, alcohol of any kind rarely appears in the lyrics. 

• Like 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The correct answer is highlighted.  Which of the following activities would you prefer to do.  A: Listen to Barak Obama B. Listen to Bruce Springstein C. Fall down a slide of razor

Rush Limbaugh, Barak Obama and Bruce Springsteen walk into a bar......

Uh, I don't want to hear either one of them...

On 2/24/2021 at 6:17 AM, JohnS said:

So who's tuning in to listen to Barack Obama and who's tuning in to listen to Bruce Springsteen?

Wouldnt tune in if you paid me big money

On 2/24/2021 at 6:40 AM, Fosgate said:

The correct answer is highlighted. 

Which of the following activities would you prefer to do. 

A: Listen to Barak Obama

B. Listen to Bruce Springstein

C. Fall down a slide of razorblades into a pool of alcohol

D. Smoke a Ghurka 

Love it !!!

On 2/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, Akela3rd said:

I genuinely like them both but won't be listening (I got a prompt from Spotify) as I fear the conversation will be
"You're great"
"No, you're great"
"Me? No. You're great"
Etc etc

Sent by spooky action at a distance

and they would both be lying

On 2/24/2021 at 8:43 AM, benfica_77 said:

I wonder if Bruce and Obama will have Ken on as a guest. Now that's a podcast I would listen too! 

I would listen to Ken and laugh at the others.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnInCleveland said:

To whomever said the born to run joke was the best of the lot, I respectfully submit that this is it.  At least for the Springsteen fans.  

in fairness, this came after the born to run post. so i'll concede the born to run one best till this one. 

• Like 1

What a surprise. The Boss pleads guilty to consuming alcohol in a "restricted area" and had to pay a massive fine of......... $500 bucks. Hahaha.

Deputy Dipshit strikes again. If they spent half as much money on training as they do MRAPs and Helicopters they might be able to actually deduce if someone is impaired or not. He "failed" almost all of the "indicators" during his sobriety tests, apparently. But only blew a .02

The other charges where dismissed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/bruce-springsteen-pleads-guilty-drinking-alcohol-restricted-area-n1258748

I'm a huge fan of Bruce and a fan of Barry O, but I wont be listening to this. I really struggle to see how this is going to work and what they'll talk about, but who knows. Joe Rogan isn't even a good interviewer and spotify paid him $100 million. For a radio show. The whole podcast thing is beyond me. 

• Like 3

They were talking about the podcasts and maybe a separate clip will come up in a day or two but there is this one a couple days old. Some will find it funny....but not Ken. Ken might have an aneurism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fosgate said:

They were talking about the podcasts and maybe a separate clip will come up in a day or two but there is this one a couple days old. Some will find it funny....but not Ken. Ken might have an aneurism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i lasted about 6 seconds. no idea who the bloke is but he'll be remembered for about 6 days after he becomes worm food. bruce will live on...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

agreed. as i said above, not a podcast guy but what on earth does one get for $100 mill? insane. 

Podcasts are wildly popular and are basically the new radio.  Joe Rogan has an enormous following, as does that barstool sports guy.  Tons of advertisement and Spotify gets a lot of pay subscribers similarly to how Netflix buys premium content.  

I don’t get it either and I’m not even 40 so don’t feel bad for not giving a damn.  

2 minutes ago, Psiman said:

alcohol rarely appears in lyrics ? Ever heard of an Aussie legend named Bon Scott from AC/DC. Pure Swagger he had

this must be misquote me week.

"the lyrics". not "lyrics".

we were talking bruce and i said that alcohol rarely appears in the lyrics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

this must be misquote me week.

"the lyrics". not "lyrics".

we were talking bruce and i said that alcohol rarely appears in the lyrics. 

Good Bruce trivia question Ken. There are very few indeed I would wager, I think there are a couple of beer ones but struggling for spirits (no not in the night). " I got some beer and the highways free:" Drinking warm beer in the hot summer rain"....

21 hours ago, Psiman said:

The Boss on his best day is not half as good a Bon was

that one is not even worth dignifiying.

21 hours ago, Webbo said:

Good Bruce trivia question Ken. There are very few indeed I would wager, I think there are a couple of beer ones but struggling for spirits (no not in the night). " I got some beer and the highways free:" Drinking warm beer in the hot summer rain"....

there are certainly some.

he kicked off the first of his two concerts in the hunter valley in 2014 with 'drinking wine' and then the second with a cracking version of 'spill the wine'. 

Far as Springstein, I thought he was ok but at the time when he was popular in my area from his 1984 Album Born in the USA. My brother, friends and I were more into Men at Work, Dire Straits, Kiss, AC/DC, Van Halen, Duran Duran, Billy Idol, Huey Lewis and the News, ZZ Top, Quiet Riot and a shmorgasborg of other great musicians that were out at the time. My sister and her friends however, loved Bruce Springstein, at least until Bon Jovi came out and then "The Boss" was just another memory and Bon Jovi was the preferred Jersey boy. We had alot going on durig that period of time while the Farm Crisis of the 80's was in full swing. Whenever I think of Springstein I think of the Farm Aid Concert he was part of. Though I loveed growing up in the 70's & 80's the Farm Crisis situation is a tough to reflect on as it decimated mine and many other small rural communities.  

• Like 2

I’m just gonna come in for my reprise and say Bruce and E street was in the top 3 live shows that I’ve ever seen.

8 minutes ago, Chas.Alpha said:

I’m just gonna come in for my reprise and say Bruce and E street was in the top 3 live shows that I’ve ever seen.

this may not come as a surprise but three of my top three have been bruce. he takes up pretty much all of the top ten.

honorable mentions to dylan (every time but most definitely the first time which was at the time of budokan), neil young (the first time - second time he was out of his gourd), jackson browne, eric clapton and a bit more surprisingly, fats domino. brian adams, fleetwood mac and the first time i saw billy joel (london mid 80s when he was fabulous - some years later in sydney, he was bloated and bitter and dull). a contender for right up at the very top - the four tops. a private concert on the coast and they were absolutely sensational (and i got to be the self-appointed fifth top for the evening). 

a little disappointing - U2.

downright disgraceful and nothing but a shameful ripoff who was boo'd offstage - ray charles. so appalling that i have had nothing but utter contempt for him ever since and that will never change. i even fast forward through his bit in the blues brothers these days. 

42 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

this may not come as a surprise but three of my top three have been bruce. he takes up pretty much all of the top ten.

honorable mentions to dylan (every time but most definitely the first time which was at the time of budokan), neil young (the first time - second time he was out of his gourd), jackson browne, eric clapton and a bit more surprisingly, fats domino. brian adams, fleetwood mac and the first time i saw billy joel (london mid 80s when he was fabulous - some years later in sydney, he was bloated and bitter and dull). a contender for right up at the very top - the four tops. a private concert on the coast and they were absolutely sensational (and i got to be the self-appointed fifth top for the evening). 

a little disappointing - U2.

downright disgraceful and nothing but a shameful ripoff who was boo'd offstage - ray charles. so appalling that i have had nothing but utter contempt for him ever since and that will never change. i even fast forward through his bit in the blues brothers these days. 

Fleetwood put on a great show, and still do.  Well until very recently at least.  Haven't seen them since they fired Lindsey.  Seen them multiple times in large and small intimate venues and they always do great.  

1 minute ago, mprach024 said:

Fleetwood put on a great show, and still do.  Well until very recently at least.  Haven't seen them since they fired Lindsey.  Seen them multiple times in large and small intimate venues and they always do great.  

absolutely agree. have seen them a couple of times and they are terrific. one of the best. 

and agree re losing lindsey. seems insane. he was the heart of that band. i've seen tim finn once or twice. suffice to say that a lot of people are much bigger fans than i am. i just do not get it. huge leap for him. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

Remind me never to get on your bad side Ken ?

I never liked Ray Charles much, maybe some contempt too, but he has some good songs. I don't ask much else of musicians.

4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

and agree re losing lindsey. seems insane. he was the heart of that band.

I think the disagreement started around scheduling, Lindsey wanted them to wait for something else he booked, band said you’re big timing us.  Yadayadayada.  They’ve always been a bit dysfunctional, but they keep getting back together and touring.  Too bad though, they aren’t getting younger and I would like to see them one more time, but I won’t without Lindsey, I’ll just hold on to my memories.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Remind me never to get on your bad side Ken ?

I never liked Ray Charles much, maybe some contempt too, but he has some good songs. I don't ask much else of musicians.

it was a concert in London. and a very expensive one at the time. at the barbican from memory. place was full on time. nothing happened for ages. then some woman from america who no one had ever heard of came out and sang, although she spent most of the time telling us how thrilled she was to be singing. i remember a lurid green dress but no idea who she was or what she sang. she drove almost every single person in the hall out into the bar. for three and a half hours.

finally, ray charles came out blathered on for a bit. sang a few songs. probably lasted 25 minutes and again a good chunk of that telling us how wonderful we were. no encore. seriously, the booing would have been less at a packed cowboys stadium if the cowboys were robbed of a playoff spot in the last seconds of a game against washington by a shocking ref's decision.

at least, he couldn't see the contempt on every face but he would have heard it. he lost a lot of fans that night. no coming back for me. it was a deliberate ripoff. 

I hadn't heard that about Ray Charles but I coulld see that. If there is one thing I cannot stand is premadonna musicians. I heard Guns N Roses was starting to get together a couple years ago and that Axle Rose was set to make a comeback. Please no, I thought to myself. If there is one band I never want to hear again it's them. After the Montreal riots Axl sparked I hope he never picks up a mic again. In watching "Beyond the Music" and hear from Metallica the reaction of Axle Rose after James Hetfield got burned up and Axle lost his cool just highlights how bad of a situation could have been avoided if not for one guy.

• Like 2