Barack Obama co-hosting a podcast with Bruce Springsteen...

29 minutes ago, Fosgate said:

I hadn't heard that about Ray Charles but I coulld see that. If there is one thing I cannot stand is premadonna musicians. I heard Guns N Roses was starting to get together a couple years ago and that Axle Rose was set to make a comeback. Please no, I thought to myself. If there is one band I never want to hear again it's them. After the Montreal riots Axl sparked I hope he never picks up a mic again. In watching "Beyond the Music" and hear from Metallica the reaction of Axle Rose after James Hetfield got burned up and Axle lost his cool just highlights how bad of a situation could have been avoided if not for one guy.

ray charles was nearly 35 years ago but still annoys me.

i did hear bruce get annoyed one night - the band could not get a song right and he let them know it and made them get it right before he'd move on.

at the clapton i saw in london, a bloke in the seats in front was telling me he had gone to a concert of his nearly 20 years earlier (only came back because the wife insisted). said clapton turned up several hours late and out of his tree. couldn't play two notes. fortunately, on this night, he was brilliant. 

but yes, if you are paying these guys then they need to get over themselves and provide the entertainment. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The correct answer is highlighted.  Which of the following activities would you prefer to do.  A: Listen to Barak Obama B. Listen to Bruce Springstein C. Fall down a slide of razor

Rush Limbaugh, Barak Obama and Bruce Springsteen walk into a bar......

Uh, I don't want to hear either one of them...

9 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

this may not come as a surprise but three of my top three have been bruce. he takes up pretty much all of the top ten.

honorable mentions to dylan (every time but most definitely the first time which was at the time of budokan), neil young (the first time - second time he was out of his gourd), jackson browne, eric clapton and a bit more surprisingly, fats domino. brian adams, fleetwood mac and the first time i saw billy joel (london mid 80s when he was fabulous - some years later in sydney, he was bloated and bitter and dull). a contender for right up at the very top - the four tops. a private concert on the coast and they were absolutely sensational (and i got to be the self-appointed fifth top for the evening). 

a little disappointing - U2.

downright disgraceful and nothing but a shameful ripoff who was boo'd offstage - ray charles. so appalling that i have had nothing but utter contempt for him ever since and that will never change. i even fast forward through his bit in the blues brothers these days. 

When did you see Neil? He's been really sober since the early 90's.

Guessing late 70's or 80's (when basically the entire world was out of their gourds?)

8 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

When did you see Neil? He's been really sober since the early 90's.

Guessing late 70's or 80's (when basically the entire world was out of their gourds?)

saw him in Brizzy in 85 (from memory, he was here same time as Bruce's first trip here (March 85)). he was brilliant then. good mate was working at a local limo company and got to drive lots of top musicians including bruce and neil Y. said bruce was perfectly friendly but largely kept to himself but neil was a genuinely nice guy (old girlfriend knew him and said the same - terrific bloke and a real gentleman - she used to work at the goldrush pub in nashville, i think. which is where the title of the album came from - 'after the goldrush'. i always thought it was to do with the 49ers and gold mining but apparently simply that after the pub closed, they'd all go on and so what he made became 'after the goldrush').

second time in london 86 or 87. he was seriously wasted. was trying to do that spinning on his back thing that street dancers would do. while playing his guitar. it didn't go well so he kept trying. it got worse. 

16 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

it was a concert in London. and a very expensive one at the time. at the barbican from memory. place was full on time. nothing happened for ages. then some woman from america who no one had ever heard of came out and sang, although she spent most of the time telling us how thrilled she was to be singing. i remember a lurid green dress but no idea who she was or what she sang. she drove almost every single person in the hall out into the bar. for three and a half hours.

finally, ray charles came out blathered on for a bit. sang a few songs. probably lasted 25 minutes and again a good chunk of that telling us how wonderful we were. no encore. seriously, the booing would have been less at a packed cowboys stadium if the cowboys were robbed of a playoff spot in the last seconds of a game against washington by a shocking ref's decision.

at least, he couldn't see the contempt on every face but he would have heard it. he lost a lot of fans that night. no coming back for me. it was a deliberate ripoff. 

My turd concert was Zappa in 1980. The music was just off and the set list was weird and unexciting. Zappa had the audacity to criticize the crowd for not applauding loud enough. It was just a painful uncomfortable experience. He basically told the crowd we didn’t get it and he was right. I know he was supposed to be eccentric and a musical genius so maybe a crowd of college stoners wasn’t the right venue for his style. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, helix said:

Aerosmith 1980 Vancouver, drunkin bastards could not play at all and had contempt for the audience booing them .

So happened they played my home town the same night I flew home on leave from Germany. Flight arrived late and I missed their concert but managed to get into the Pomp Room before the mob showed up. Epic night. 

https://b1027.com/remember-when-aerosmith-crashed-the-pomp-room-in-sioux-falls-video/

Pomp room is epic in iteself.