WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Who Said That? Comp - Week #28.

WST?#28  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Every week we're going to have a poll about a certain quote and who said it. Could be a famous quote from history, a line from a movie or a song, the opening line to a novel, something very topical, etc... 

We'll create a poll with the quote and a question based on it, from the answer options you just have to pick the correct one. :thumbsup:

Voters who pick correctly go into the draw for an El Pres Sampler!! :party:   (Drawn Tuesday morning, Brisbane time. Please note: Polls don't show on Tapatalk, but you can participate via a web version of the site)

NO GOOGLING!! And it may not help you anyway - depending on how tricky we get with the question. We're using the honour system. It's just a bit of fun. If you know, you know. If you don't, have a stab in the dark or an educated guess (if you prefer that term ;)). 

You may elaborate about your choice in the topic thread below if you wish but no posting of anything that gives the answer away to those who haven't voted.

Now you know the drill, vote away!  

Good luck!! :cigar:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Smatthews607 said:

I have no idea. I am not a poetry fan, hate when I have to teach it. I can confidently say this is not even an educated guess.

You got it right if that makes you feel better ?

26 minutes ago, LLC said:

Another wild guess ?. I think if you get five weeks in a row wrong you should be allowed two guesses for the next week. 

I’m thinking 3 picks wouldn’t get it done for me this week

• Haha 1

All you guys got it right 
[mention=9798]LLC[/mention] you broke your streak too.

Well you know what they say about a broken clock. It’s still right twice a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Trapper99 said:

Well, my wild guess was with the majority. Since it seems everybody guessed that doesn’t really mean anything ?

whoooaaaa! at this stage, it has 35 votes (well, not a spoiler as others have said it went with the majority pick). a few people have said they guessed but only two, i think, have actually said that the guessed correctly. that leaves a lot of people to whom you might be doing a disservice. 

in fairness, the older members among us probably had no trouble at all with that one as it was hardly something that was not widely known. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

whoooaaaa! at this stage, it has 35 votes (well, not a spoiler as others have said it went with the majority pick). a few people have said they guessed but only two, i think, have actually said that the guessed correctly. that leaves a lot of people to whom you might be doing a disservice. 

in fairness, the older members among us probably had no trouble at all with that one as it was hardly something that was not widely known. 

I went with Ginsberg only because the name rang a tiny bell. I don't know if I am right or wrong...a bit of fun for me . Truth is I don't have the first damn clue with most of these. Yes many folk on here with a great deal of knowledge  . The simple fact that  someone acknowledges a guess. What does that tell me....they guessed right. To suggest anything more or less than that. Turn it up ?

Yep, Allen Ginsberg said that. Well done to those who got it right! :clap:

The random draw winner is @GolfT3 !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details (name, address, and email) to me, and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who entered. Next quote up soon - stay tuned! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• MoeFOH changed the title to WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Who Said That? Comp - Week #28.
30 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Yep, Allen Ginsberg said that. Well done to those who got it right! :clap:

The random draw winner is @GolfT3 !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details (name, address, and email) to me, and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who entered. Next quote up soon - stay tuned! :thumbsup:

Thank you! Felt lucky to know the answer and now feel doubly lucky, might need to go pick up a few lottery tickets...

• Like 2