Habanos Regional and Limited Editions

Oh yeah, the most important RE’s are Canadian eh? Well, duh.
CB
Lol.
I grew up in Michigan so I have been to Canada many times. Sadly it was before I started smoking Cigars so I never got the chance to try your RE's, and haven't seen a vendor with them yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... all 'puttered' out! -LOL The EL and RE are Cuban cigar reality, despite their poor value and performance (as I believe it). I tend to stay out of the argument today, because the LE and RE are

I’m pretty sure that if I had started my appreciation of Cuban cigars back when @PigFish did, instead of only 5 years ago, and I built my collection then the way I am now, I’d feel the same way....and

As has been outlined above almost all ERs stay within the spectrum of their marca's DNA. Depending on the marca that can vary quite a bit. For example marcas like RA and HU have a wide range of blends

• 2 years later...

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I would ask in here as the question pertains to RE releases. I expect the blends on the EL to be different as they are made with aged tobacco, but what about the blends in the RE? Let's take this recent Ramon Allones RE Mexico perfecto for example. Should I be expecting a Ramon Allones blend and strength, or should I be expecting something completely different?

2 hours ago, Lamboinee said:

I have little experience with ELs and REs. However, I found it fascinating to learn that the EL category of CCs was created out of a necessity to use "[wrapper] leaves earmarked for domestic [Cuban] production, that were darker and thicker than those normally acceptable for Habanos." *

The thought of the program being based on a marketing strategy is off-putting to me. I prefer to allow myself to be deceived elsewhere. 

*Groom, Alexander; El Habano Moderno, 2022 Helios House Press (citing Chase, Simon; Ediciones Limitadas - Innovation Born of Necessity, December 2014 Cigar Journal).

I found that interesting as well. 

As for the regionals @1daniel, I think it’s ultimately up to the distributor how closely the blend hews to the marca. Some stray more than others. I don’t recall smoking any RE and thinking it had nothing in common with the brand’s typical profile, but I haven’t tried the vast majority of the many releases worldwide. I’m sure some exist. 

I’ve had even fewer LEs but my understanding is that, particularly early in the program’s history, it was common for releases to have a strong chocolately note regardless of the release brand. Not sure if that’s still the case, the last one I had was a Monte Supremos that a) should have chocolate in its profile, and b) friggin sucked.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Step 1. Distributor proposes marque and vitola to Habanos. 

Step 2. Habanos goes to Tabacuba who do take into account the DNA and distributor guidance.*

Step 3. 3-6 blends are normally produced 

Step 4. Habanos presents them to the distributor who selects. 

Step 5. They are delivered piecemeal 3 years later. 

*Note: Some distributors put a lot of effort into their initial request and follow up process. Some distributors have more pull and "buy in" than others. That means that they are involved up to their eyeballs by flying to Cuba and really being involved in guiding the end result. Others, not so much. 

Is PCC ultra hands in process or go with the flow? My gut says go with the flow....how else were they convinced on releasing a Cuaba RE LOL....

11 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

Is PCC ultra hands in process or go with the flow? My gut says go with the flow....how else were they convinced on releasing a Cuaba RE LOL....

David Tang was "balls all in". Dag Holmboe is much the same as is Norrio Hattori. 

How else do you get a 50 cab of Sancho Panza El Rey ..38 x 192 in 50's ;)

• Like 4

I am a sucker for ER's.  Really great if you can pick up locally in their market.  A fitting a memento.  Many are in 10 count boxes which makes them affordable for most amateurs.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

Dip Bushido was good. (well, great actually). I didn't think their recent Canadian RE was that great. I bought a box, smoked a couple, then put it away for a while...pulled one out, smoked it..still wasn't thrilled...so I sold the remainder of the box. 

But I wish I could buy Boshido's as a standard release. 

Yep, Dip Bushido is the only LE/ RE that I found worth the money,,, 

But considering what they cost now just get the Dip 2. If you can find that. 

• Like 1