Montecristo Open line.

I've only had a couple.  Very light mild cigar compared to other Montes.  Not a lot of flavor but not offensive at all.  I'm normally looking for mostly chocolate and some twang in my Montes and the Opens I've had didn't deliver much of either in my opinion.  They're ok if you're not expecting much.

• Thanks 2

I was never quite sure what HSA was thinking with the Open line. Not really even a Monte, from the few I’ve been gifted. One of the members of my shop in Tampa swears by them, so to each his own...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Monte Open has few fans around here. Obviously some people like them somewhere since they still make them and sell them.

I've only had the Master and Regata. I did not like them. Light, bland and boring. I've heard consistently the Eagle is the best. The Junior, I have no idea. 

• Thanks 2

These are equivalent to many NC yard gars priced as if they were mid-range premium CCs.

If you want NC yard gars there are plenty to choose from at dirt-cheap prices online.

• Like 3

Well, if you were looking for opinions... ?

• Haha 3

Welp...one of my first tip toes into the Cuban world were a discounted box of Monte Open Masters that were on sale. Let’s just say I have a full box minus 1 stick that’s been resting ever since lol

Thinking Bond Robert’s might be a good home for them ?

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, mbflash80 said:

We bought some Master tubos for a client golf event back in probably 2015...they were really good.  So much so that it fooled me into buying more at the time...they have all been crap since...dont see a reason to buy em.

Edit this should be Eagles...the big ring gauge 

29 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

if i may, does anyone think civilisation is in a better place than when we did that? 

i blame those cigars. 

Hard to argue with that.

• Like 1

Tastes like a 60 year old Montecristo.  I can see the appeal, they don't ruin the taste buds after and they don't compete for your attention.  Ash is as white as snow.

• Like 1

I assumed for years they were gimmicks and therefore not any good; this post verified my assumption!  Now if Habanos ever makes a line of NFL themed cigars, I’ll be the first sucker to bite ...