Montecristo Open line.

Great! I was gifted a couple 3xTubos *Open Masters* as a freebie on the purchase of a few boxes I ordered. I’ll try one and perhaps gift to friends.

*Edited to add Open Masters

1 hour ago, Mickey D said:

Great! I was gifted a couple 3xTubos as a freebie on the purchase of a few boxes I ordered. I’ll try one and perhaps gift to friends.

Time for my Saturday afternoon FOH roasting. Here goes:

I’ve smoked a few Open Eagles over the past few years. My friend Detroit Craig swears by ‘em. It’s not that I found them to be a “bad” cigar, just that they lack anything that I love about a Montecristo. No cocoa, no roasted nut and tobacco flavor. Just kinda... Light one up and determine for yourself. Try to keep an “Open” mind! 😀

• Like 4

On 4/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, Chas.Alpha said:

Time for my Saturday afternoon FOH roasting. Here goes:

I’ve smoked a few Open Eagles over the past few years. My friend Detroit Craig swears by ‘em. It’s not that I found them to be a “bad” cigar, just that they lack anything that I love about a Montecristo. No cocoa, no roasted nut and tobacco flavor. Just kinda... Light one up and determine for yourself. Try to keep an “Open” mind! 😀

Monte Open Masters Feb/20

Well, I fired one up this morning after a hearty bacon, egg, and toast breakfast. Tight draw after a straight cut, had to use the PerfectDraw. Wonky start with a gaping hole/run up one side.

after it straightened out, no flavor what so ever. At the first ashing after the 1/3 mark, had to do a little touch up. This was the only flavor experienced until the last third. Even then it was subtle. Removed the sub-band and the wrapper split from expansion, probably from a too humid cigar.

I’ll place the remaining without the Tubos in the 62% humi and let them rest for who knows when. 

• Like 3

Yep. You got it about right... 😔

• Like 1