Partagas Lusitania - UEB MAR 19 (L&SRW2)

Nice job and review!  Have you had this cigar before without the rolling papers?  Any big tasting differences? 

Hm maybe if I have a plugged cigar in the future, cut it open and hopefully find the plug, extract it then stitch it back up w/glue and rolling papers!

I’ve noticed something about ROTT sticks. They smoke very well literally ROTT. if you wait a few days or a couple weeks it turns into a disaster. They sticks aren’t good until resting for a month or two. I have no idea why that is. But my personal experience. I’m glad your experiment worked for you. A+ for ingenuity

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Nice job and review!  Have you had this cigar before without the rolling papers?  Any big tasting differences? 

Hm maybe if I have a plugged cigar in the future, cut it open and hopefully find the plug, extract it then stitch it back up w/glue and rolling papers!

Nice Review!

Get yourself a 4 in one cigar tool to clear out plugs. 

PITILLERA Cigar Hole Puncher 4 In 1 Long Ventilation Needle Opener Scissors  Portable Cutter Cuban Cigars Tool Rod Knife|Cigar Accessories| - AliExpress

Just now, Fosgate said:

Nice Review!

Get yourself a 4 in one cigar tool to clear out plugs. 

PITILLERA Cigar Hole Puncher 4 In 1 Long Ventilation Needle Opener Scissors  Portable Cutter Cuban Cigars Tool Rod Knife|Cigar Accessories| - AliExpress

Oh yea I have a perfecdraw, but even that doesn't always help especially when the cigar is overweight and packed too tight in general

2 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Oh yea I have a perfecdraw, but even that doesn't always help especially when the cigar is overweight and packed too tight in general

True. Only thing then is massage it hoping it work itself out, do like you said or toss it. 

22 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Not this box code, but I have had some Lusitania from a 50 cab of EBO JUN 20, and the only difference I could identify was the flavors being a bit muted, but that could easily just be the lack of rest. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bri Fi said:

I’ve noticed something about ROTT sticks. They smoke very well literally ROTT. if you wait a few days or a couple weeks it turns into a disaster. They sticks aren’t good until resting for a month or two. I have no idea why that is. But my personal experience. I’m glad your experiment worked for you. A+ for ingenuity

I’ve actually been running some experiments with freshly received boxes to understand what’s going on with moisture content and how that changes with rest. With FOH boxes, I’ve noticed that when placed in a sealed bag immediately after receipt, a hygrometer registers around 63RH. With other vendors that possibly store at a higher RH and typically include higher percentage Boveda packs, typically 69RH but sometimes even 72RH, the boxes register 67RH or higher when placed in a sealed bag with a hygrometer and no Boveda pack. 

Given that, I wouldn’t be surprised if FOH-shipped cigars both smoke better ROTT and acclimate faster (if your preferred RH level is in the 62RH range like it seems to be most commonly). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have some Libertadors with blown wrappers as well, shame they are PSP box ones.

Might do this to them as I have just stored them in the humidor to age as I wasn't sure how i would end up smoking them.

17 hours ago, rcarlson said:

Just happened to have rolling papers lying around, huh?  😈

😆 I’ll admit I’ve had my fair share of experience with rolling papers, but I was pleasantly surprised to find them readily available for just a few bucks on Amazon, right alongside “spice” grinders. 😉