What's the longest you've gone between cigars?

Went 11 years from 2010 to last year. Had to quit smoking cigarettes so the cigars had to go to. Finally at a place where I can smoke them without craving a cigarette. Unfortunately I had stocked up courtesy of FOH and decided to sell my stock off for pennies on the dollar back then. Wish I would have just sat on them. A lot of great boxes including a full box of 08 sir winnies and 06 VR Classico’s...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Over the last 20 years? Easily go months without smoking a cigar. Longest was probably 6 months. Last year was pretty close to reaching a new high.

Reason for the dry spells? I can't smoke on my own. Smoking cigars is a social activity for me, and if I don't have somebody to chat to while smoking, I don't enjoy the cigar. It is a wasted effort and I will actually rush smoking so I can go do something else.

Pre-Covid, it was usually 2-3 weeks without a cigar.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Smoking cigars is a social activity for me, and if I don't have somebody to chat to while smoking, I don't enjoy the cigar. It is a wasted effort and I will actually rush smoking so I can go do something else.

Interesting .. I enjoy both the social and the quiet aspect of sitting with a cigar. Sometimes it's winding down the day, occasionally I sit in quiet contemplation making big life decisions. Cigars with company is great too, much like a social drink, but I sometimes find that I focus less on the cigar then. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mprach024 said:

Lol!  He asked what was the longest!  I fly to Hawaii twice a year so that’s 12 hours right there.

Ok, I'll give you that!

Me, well, you've heard of sleep walking? I sleep smoke. Too bad I can't remember it. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, benfica_77 said:

What's the longest you've gone between cigars and why? Also what was the cigar you had after your hiatus. 

Last cigar I had was first week of October 2020. Just had today a HdM Coronitas tubo. So 5 months since my last smoke. This long break was due to the Canadian winter. We had lovely weather today in southern Ontario with temps hovering around 12 degrees C. 

Was able to work from my balcony. The cigar itself was average nothing too out of this world. Lots of cedary notes with small hints of sweetness but but very one dimensional. A solid 7/10.

Pre lockdown. 1 week. 

During lockdown. 48 hrs. 

• Like 3

I went a couple years without one not very long ago. When I was first unable to work anymore I just didn't have the money for a luxury item like cigars.

Thankfully, that has changed and I'm back to one a day

First one I had was a Partagas Coronas Senior, which coincidentally was the first cc i ever smoked. I find them to be a very good smoke for the price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A couple of months during the cold winters. I have considerably cut back on smoking cigars over the past several years, to 1 or 2 cigars a week, maybe 3 if it's nice weather and I have the time. Vacation times, usually more. In the previous decade I had smoked 5 to 7 cigars a week, at least. I know what I like now and not experimenting so much. Also, since I'm older I try to take health concerns into account. 

6 months maybe more. Winter often limits me to smoke only at the local cigar lounge. As things happen in life often gets put off though I'd like to go every Friday afternoon if work is slow enough and/or Saturday afternoon for my ritual. Sometimes in the summer work usually gets chaotic and that's when I try to smoke every Friday, Sat as a reward to myself for not veering into oncoming traffic and calm me down for the next week. 

23hrs. One at the end of the day for as long as I've been able. Think I missed a day a couple of months ago though so 47hrs...

Sent by spooky action at a distance

None except during COVID-19 period like this. Man, another recent COVID-19 spike makes me extremely difficult to do next Kimfessions Series unfortunately (there were some cases from Public bathing in my area) 😭

• Like 1

No more than two weeks. The reason is severe winter frosts, when I need to warm up the gazebo in which I smoke for a long time in advance, or a business trip to remote cities where there is no lounge. At the same time, I check whether there is no addiction to nicotine.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 5:20 PM, Fuzz said:

Over the last 20 years? Easily go months without smoking a cigar. Longest was probably 6 months. Last year was pretty close to reaching a new high.

Reason for the dry spells? I can't smoke on my own. Smoking cigars is a social activity for me, and if I don't have somebody to chat to while smoking, I don't enjoy the cigar. It is a wasted effort and I will actually rush smoking so I can go do something else.

Pre-Covid, it was usually 2-3 weeks without a cigar.

Lol last cigar I shared in a social setting was prob with some SYD crew!!! 

I just finished my longest stretch so far. Nov - Last few weeks. 

5 hours ago, VKUTT said:

Wow. Your porch is nicer than my house! Well I think that's the straw, as they say.

I'm def out of my league here; $750 boxes of cigars that sell out in 30 seconds, people flying to tropical locales several times a year and watches that cost more than my annual salary. Hey, more power to ya. I fully admit I don't have the fortitude to read about the fabulously luxurious lifestyles of others while I constantly struggle just to (not really) makes ends meet.

You guys take care. Have a good one. Goodbye. 🙂

One of the greatest things about cigars is that they are (can and should be) a Class Leveler. 

Interesting people come in all levels of financial prosperity. I’m not wealthy by any stretch but have had great conversations with people all over the map. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

About 9 months. Fiancé is a doctor who hates smoking. Thankfully, she was ok with cigars every once in a while. Then she had a CC R&J while we were in the Caribbean and is slowly coming around to the point she’s now fine with cigars, so long as they’re Cuban. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1