Cohiba Piramides

Smoker

Hi all,

A friend of mine just received a box of these as a gift. The reason I am questioning the authenticty is that I thought that Piramides were only available in boxes of 10. Do they look real to you?01.jpeg.ef90c1db54143af752e62a82a534471b.jpeg02.jpeg.643b9528b7155858beab615d4b36ff81.jpeg03.jpeg.5dc02a3748725b081b846198f2ec7bc8.jpeg04.jpeg.7d028006c9ca01bd09f7085cc9197bcb.jpeg

They are fake. Available in box of 10 or 3x5 tubos. Band is also wrong, maybe more things wrong but I just had a quick look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. It pretty much confirms what I suspected.

What's wrong with the bands though? I know the photos aren't great, but the bands looked reasonable to me. Also, could it be that they were available in the past in boxes of 25?

What's wrong with the bands though? I know the photos aren't great, but the bands looked reasonable to me. Also, could it be that they were available in the past in boxes of 25?

Pictures aren’t good but from what I can see the hologram doesn’t look right, the color of the band looks orange not yellow and to top it off the cigars don’t look good. The only boxes of 25 I’m aware if are the fakes being sold online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Everything about this screams fake, I’m afraid. And the bands are very bad with a close look. As just one example, look at the varying spaces between the top row of dots and the gold border - not only does one row of dots not have any space between the border, it’s actually half covered by it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Everything about this screams fake, I’m afraid. And the bands are very bad with a close look. As just one example, look at the varying spaces between the top row of dots and the gold border - not only does one row of dots not have any space between the border, it’s actually half covered by it. 

Ah yes, that's very well spotted! Thanks for that - it's always useful to know how to spot these fakes, even though it's one thing I don't have to worry about now that I only buy from Rob.

There are used to be Cohiba EL Piramides in 2006, but not like this, since the bands of Cohiba EL Piramides were Standard Band D not Standard Band G. Also, Cohiba Standard Band G applied since the release of Piramides Extra.

• Like 4

On 3/10/2021 at 8:03 PM, Smoker said:

The heads should not be touching the top gold border ever.  Also, the box itself looks terrible, like it was made in junior high shop class.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On the band, first thing I noticed, there doesn’t appear to be a white border around the Taino head.