Video Review - Cohiba Robusto - SOU JUL 20

MoeFOH

3 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

I know it is like comparing apples 🍎 to oranges 🍊 though but did you guys enjoy this CORO more than the Montecristo No. 2 that you gave high accolades for when you scored it a 95 last year?

I can't speak for Ken but I enjoyed them the same. One for being everything that Monte should be....and one for being everything that Cohiba should be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright, what the hell is a “tosser?”

This review inspired me to take a morning work break to celebrate the nice NY weather today. Coro was MAR Feb 20. It smoked excellent similar to the ones in the review. Also, similar to Kens there was a touch of green, yet no detectable mint flavors! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As always google to the rescue.

Don't know how accurate:

https://www.quora.com/What’s-the-difference-between-a-tosser-and-a-wanker#:~:text=They are both derogatory terms,more offensive than “tosser”.&text=The word 'tosser ' is just an alternative for 'wanker.

"They are both derogatory terms which mean “someone who masturbates”. They are both used more to offend than to describe actual behaviour. “Wanker” is generally taken as much more offensive than “tosser”. In the UK, you can generally get away (in informal circumstances) with calling someone a tosser affectionately. This is so seldom the case with “wanker” that it would be taking a risk to attempt it with any but your closest friends."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

Did you lads skip the review of the Sancho Panza Belicosos for your Belicosos reviews?

😱😱😱 it appears so.

When’s the last time they were available?  Seems long ago.  I remember it coming up on 24:24 maybe 6 months back but I didn’t think it was ‘20 production.  We need the guys who keep records of 24:24 to weigh in here.

Great review guys. 

As someone who knocks Cohiba (probably more often than I'm aware),   I would hate to think someone considered my motivation for doing it was akin to someone rolling their eye's at a Ferrari owner reving their engine at the lights.    I definitely don't think Cohiba smokers are tossers or wankers.  I'm a massive fan of Trinidad, and whilst not as expensive, I am a firm believer in the market leaders, or premo brands, sometimes...... are most definitely worth the extra coin. 

My dig at Cohiba as always been at its blend.   My core belief with all the finest gastronomic experiences, is that everything needs a little bit of rotten, mixed into the sweetness and light.     For me, Cohiba, is missing the slight fault, the 'bit of rotten', that would transcend it into greatness.    

In conclusion, it's more likely I just have a blind spot in my palate, and I just don't get it.........but if that rocks other peoples world, I very much think thats a great thing.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

Did you lads skip the review of the Sancho Panza Belicosos for your Belicosos reviews?

Happening soon. I wanted to use a young example as opposed to one that was aged in order to make it fair. two weeks "ish" for the review. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 6:15 PM, Kaptain Karl said:

This review prompted me to smoke my christmas sampler CORO that turned out to be spectacular. I really dont need a box of CORO's buuut..... 

Yes you do.