Why are NC cigars almost all maduro/oscuro?

11 minutes ago, Bijan said:

Yes as was said:

"The 1964 series has all but been confirmed to use a Mexican San Andrés wrapper. As Padrón still officially lists the blend as Nicaraguan puro, we use this information in the breakdown."

Am i the only one that thinks this makes no sense? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darker....no darker still!! .....fuller...the fullest....bigger ring gauges....no - so big I can’t fit in my mouth....more explosive.....crazier.... ’Merica🇺🇸, it’s what we want, it’s what we do

If we're talking about Padron, there's a few things at play here. First of all, despite the claims they are all Nicaraguan puros, they use San Andres wrappers. San Andres is very popular because the t

There is a step up from 26's and 64's, so I can't speak to nKostyan's grouping, but with a large supplier like Padron, they farm a region, harvest their crop and ferment it according to their recipe.

5 hours ago, mprach024 said:

Am i the only one that thinks this makes no sense? 😂

No. I get it. This is insane and weird

5 hours ago, Bijan said:

Maybe they don't want some sort of lawsuit even if what they say is true, why risk it.

But why lie and put your reputation on the line?

Lol.  Cigar Aficionado is just conveying what the manufacturer tells them.   They aren’t doing DNA testing.   In the cigar world, lying about origin of tobacco is quite common.   Tobaccos used is a trade secret.  It is considered a very white lie and few, if anyone, is very bothered.

Which company is divulging the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about their products?   The only people with that level of honesty are the politicians and institutional bureaucrats.  Does anyone know which cigar company is theirs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin48438 said:

In the cigar world, lying about origin of tobacco is quite common.   Tobaccos used is a trade secret.

You mean the NC world. I know where my tobacco comes from. Cuba

6 minutes ago, PuroDan said:

You mean the NC world. I know where my tobacco comes from. Cuba

True 

But there are so many mysteries including but not limited to"

Medio tiempo

Extra fermentation

blend integrity

The mysterious appearance  of "anejado" :rotfl:

13 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

True 

But there are so many mysteries including but not limited to"

Medio tiempo

Extra fermentation

blend integrity

The mysterious appearance  of "anejado" :rotfl:

I agree. Especially on blend integrity. The great thing about your list is that everything mentioned is natural. I can guarantee you one thing i wont  be washing my hands/lips off after smoking a Cuban though

34 minutes ago, PuroDan said:

I agree. Especially on blend integrity. The great thing about your list is that everything mentioned is natural. I can guarantee you one thing i wont  be washing my hands/lips off after smoking a Cuban though

In the last 20 years or so I’ve smoked between 5,000 - 10,000 NCs.  Never had to wash anything.  It’s not nearly as prevalent as you may be imagining.

And I wouldn’t be so sure that all Cubans of the last 30 years have all been puros.

27 minutes ago, Kevin48438 said:

In the last 20 years or so I’ve smoked between 5,000 - 10,000 NCs.  Never had to wash anything.  It’s not nearly as prevalent as you may be imagining.

And I wouldn’t be so sure that all Cubans of the last 30 years have all been puros.

Polishing (in one manner or another) is common. It is only on the cheaper options that I have seen finger/lip residue tainting. Walking the "less prestigious" booths of the old RTDA/IPCPR/Dortmund events is always fun.

One  hears all the time of Nic/Dom tobacco being used in Cuban cigars when they are short. I generally hear it from NC growers. I have yet to see a bill of lading. the day I do is the day i will take it seriously. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kevin48438 said:

Lol

51 minutes ago, Kevin48438 said:

In the last 20 years or so I’ve smoked between 5,000 - 10,000 NCs.

My first cigar was a CE in 92 been smoking Cubans and chasing that flavor profile ever since. I remember walking into a cigar shop and the room note was so much different than what i was used to. I knew right away that NC's werent for me. Different smell/Taste.