Competitive Smoking....

It's gone global now. https://www.cigarjournal.com/cswc-cigar-smoking-world-championship-2019/

Was in Italy and at the regional CSWC for this. Then they handed us Macanudos.

Headed to the beach bar for a proper long lunch and slow smoke, just not that slow!

2 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

We did this at one of our local B&Ms with NCs. It's fun watch everyone else compete as you give up and light a CC because they are competing with dog rockets. . 

to be fair to the organizers and I know Marko. 

Assume you have 25 competitors. 

In terms of an even cigar  draw among them, would you have a better chance achieving that  with a box of Monte 4 or Macanudo PC. 

I know I would be using the Macanudo for a competition perspective ;)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

to be fair to the organizers and I know Marko. 

Assume you have 25 competitors. 

In terms of an even cigar  draw among them, would you have a better chance achieving that  with a box of Monte 4 or Macanudo PC. 

I know I would be using the Macanudo for a competition perspective ;)

So you are saying construction by General Cigar is more consistent than HSA?

I'd most likely agree. Though while I greatly appreciate well rolled cigars, it is the profile I am looking for more.

And you dragged me to the long lunch. Blessed...

2 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Um, please do not take this the wrong way but a group blow job to see who has the longest one on video is kind of, light my fire hot.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

🥰

CB

Merci mon amour - finally someone has the balls to call it out.

🥰🥰🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, El Presidente said:

You should do it at least once if the opportunity arises!

I am more of a long lunch sort of guy but Gino is the current Italian champion unless I am mistaken :D

Yes I am the last one but with a ridiculous time of , if I remember well 94 minutes.

But I won a Dupont Lighter...a cuervo and Sobrino watch and a knife cutter from Les Fines lames.

So why not. This is a sport...it's just fun.

Has nothing to do with smoking or BJ 🙂  .

You do not smoke at all, you have to be good to keep the cigar alive as long as possible and believe me it's not simple at all.

People smoke a mareva in 4 hours!!!

Just for the record the beginning of the CWSC was with Montecristo no.4 then Marko asked Habanos to sponsor and they refused so he made a contract with Macanudo and from last year he had contract with Rocky Patel co. For him it's business where he lives on it and this playing is going on in all the world.

So my respect to who has had the idea and the balls to make it such a big thing.

• Like 1

Yup, looks like it's all business and nothing to do with smoking as "you do not smoke at all".

Might have Acid sponsor next event.

Sounds familiar, so no need for "assisted smoking" or glorified balls for useless ashes.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Japan said:

Yes I am the last one but with a ridiculous time of , if I remember well 94 minutes.

But I won a Dupont Lighter...a cuervo and Sobrino watch and a knife cutter from Les Fines lames.

So why not. This is a sport...it's just fun.

Has nothing to do with smoking or BJ 🙂  .

You do not smoke at all, you have to be good to keep the cigar alive as long as possible and believe me it's not simple at all.

People smoke a mareva in 4 hours!!!

Just for the record the beginning of the CWSC was with Montecristo no.4 then Marko asked Habanos to sponsor and they refused so he made a contract with Macanudo and from last year he had contract with Rocky Patel co. For him it's business where he lives on it and this playing is going on in all the world.

So my respect to who has had the idea and the balls to make it such a big thing.

Yes, and congrats! I also heard they had gone to NC brands so US smokers could participate.

8 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Yes, and congrats! I also heard they had gone to NC brands so US smokers could participate.

I do not think that when Marko moved to Macanudo he did it on that purpose. I know for sure that he has spoken to Habanos and as he was asking sponsorship fee ( to Habanao Ha Ha Ha ) they did not show interest. He was a Montecristo no.4 smoker ( still is I believe ) and his club name is Club Mareva. He rally wanted to continue with Monte4.  For sure Rocky l as sponsor now will be a boost in US.

10 hours ago, nino said:

Yup, looks like it's all business and nothing to do with smoking as "you do not smoke at all".

Might have Acid sponsor next event.

Sounds familiar, so no need for "assisted smoking" or glorified balls for useless ashes.

Again it's a game where one can decide to partecipate or not and take teh occasion to meet friends for a different evening and a real good smoke after the game.

Congrats Gino!

In the last couple of years, sponsorship has been going well for this event, so it's gaining legs.

I don't really "get it" myself but people seem to have fun doing it. There couldn't have been a nicer venue than that cave on the Amalfi coast for the Italian event in 2019. 

Very good idea of Rock Patel to create a cigar for it. I "get" that!

https://www.rockypatel.com/cigar-smoking-world-championship/

And the Cuervo y Sobrino watch is nice. Do you wear yours Gino?

https://www.cuervoysobrinos.com/en/collections/watches/esplendidos/2414-1cc

It's a better format than the "long ash" events which were a thing. The last one of those I saw was on a stage in the Hotel Nacional at a Partagas event in 2015.

It was brutal, there was a time limit as well, to produce the longest ash without it dropping, in 30 minutes, I think the room was booked for a "Legends of Cuba" event after the dinner, so there wasn't much time.

Competitors were turning purple, there should have been medics on hand, I mean some of them looked like they weren't going to survive it. Accusations of cheating with bent paperclips. Whole tables throwing their hands up in the air when their guy was disqualified. Staff members running around with worried looks. The dancers came out early, right in front of the participants, to hide the sick or those who had to be led off the stage. The audience started using the mayhem to steal Hotel Nacional branded dinnerware.  

It nearly turned into a full blown riot. I was sore the next day from laughing. 

36 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It's a better format than the "long ash" events which were a thing. The last one of those I saw was on a stage in the Hotel Nacional at a Partagas event in 2015.

It was brutal, there was a time limit as well, to produce the longest ash without it dropping, in 30 minutes, I think the room was booked for a "Legends of Cuba" event after the dinner, so there wasn't much time.

Competitors were turning purple, there should have been medics on hand, I mean some of them looked like they weren't going to survive it. Accusations of cheating with bent paperclips. Whole tables throwing their hands up in the air when their guy was disqualified. Staff members running around with worried looks. The dancers came out early, right in front of the participants, to hide the sick or those who had to be led off the stage. The audience started using the mayhem to steal Hotel Nacional branded dinnerware.  

That's the exact scenario I have in mind after watching much the same sad show at one of the Partagas Encuentros welcome dinners at the Habana Libre 🙂

48 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Congrats Gino!

In the last couple of years, sponsorship has been going well for this event, so it's gaining legs.

I don't really "get it" myself but people seem to have fun doing it. There couldn't have been a nicer venue than that cave on the Amalfi coast for the Italian event in 2019. 

Very good idea of Rock Patel to create a cigar for it. I "get" that!

https://www.rockypatel.com/cigar-smoking-world-championship/

And the Cuervo y Sobrino watch is nice. Do you wear yours Gino?

https://www.cuervoysobrinos.com/en/collections/watches/esplendidos/2414-1cc

Andy you got the point.

CWSC is completely a different category. No one feels sick. No one gets upset. yes.......they try to cheat like in most sports when competition get's to the final. people want to win a nice prize . That's why there is a judge association for CWSC. 

I like to say that the competition is like golf, you fight against yourself so if you cheat you cheat yourself.

Of course I use the watch in my rotation, just like the lighter and cigar cutter.

• Like 1