What breed is your four-legged smoking buddy?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Literally just brought him home from SPCA 30 mins ago. Unknown breed

My one year old Chocolade Labrador is keeping me company while I smoke outside Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Cano-Hermano Pound pup. Unknown brand and vintage! There are many great dogs that only want an average person to share a little space and time with. Adopt! -Piggy

7 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

"No.  Sorry.  I haven't seen your blue highlighter.  Maybe check the drawer in the kitchen."

3D02F84E-E039-4896-B625-5B2C7E6C663E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.ead7ada5def553a73ff0d09c434db313.jpeg

Ollie is a Bernese Mountain Poodle, also called a Bernedoodle.   (Half Bernese Mountain Dog and Half Poodle)

Starting to see more and more breeders of these popping up in surrounding area. I looked at these as well on recent puppy search. Great looking dogs!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KCCubano said:

Starting to see more and more breeders of these popping up in surrounding area. I looked at these as well on recent puppy search. Great looking dogs!

Yes.  When I got him 3 years ago, he was the only one in the neighborhood.  Now, I see them all over the place.  It's a good breed.  The intelligence from the poodle and the laid back, Bernese personality is a really good combination.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Yes.  When I got him 3 years ago, he was the only one in the neighborhood.  Now, I see them all over the place.  It's a good breed.  The intelligence from the poodle and the laid back, Bernese personality is a really good combination.

I ended up getting mini goldendoodle. Could have gone either way. There is a breeder of both south of KC and was shocked to see how many Bernedoodle were being sold to people on East Coast. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joeypots said:

My dog barks at dogs and animals in general on the TV. I'v toned the behavior down by putting a few nuts and bolts in an old metal band aid box and chucking it at him just before he was about to start barking. He would charge the TV and jump at it so it was pretty severe behavior considering that just about every other TV commercial has a dog in it. Now if he looks like he's going to go for it I just lift the band aid box off of the side table, give it a little rattle, and he goes back in his spot. He even barked at cartoon dogs.

He jumps on the TV also... I need to do this... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

A dog trainer taught me this. It's important to toss the band aid box just before or while the pooch is barking or charging the TV, or doing anything else that is objectionable like chewing the woodwork. Never correct the dog if the dog has ceased the bad behavior. The dog lives in the moment and will think the bad thing happens when he stops what he's doing. This has worked great for me and about 4 dogs so far.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, joeypots said:

 

A dog trainer taught me this. It's important to toss the band aid box just before or while the pooch is barking or charging the TV, or doing anything else that is objectionable like chewing the woodwork. Never correct the dog if the dog has ceased the bad behavior. The dog lives in the moment and will think the bad thing happens when he stops what he's doing. This has worked great for me and about 4 dogs so far.

Thank you Sir... He's also borderline aggressive with other dogs... so we are always on High alert when walking him.. It's not secret why he was the last one picked out of the litter.. But we love him... so there's that.... I'm thinking of a electric collar to put on him when we walk him so he doesn't lunge after other dogs.. But the wife has a problem with that "doesn't want him riding the lightning" lol.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.