Fuente Opus X Super Belicoso unknown (FYARW)

why is there a mark on your measuring tape at the 4 inch mark? Jk. Great review. I can never bring myself to spend the money on an opus so I have to live vicariously through others. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tommy_Tao said:

Opus X series are my least favorite high end NCs...

Agreed.     I have some that I have had over the years thinking they will eventually get better--just has not happened and I still have a couple left over ten years old.

Anejos are the premium Fuentes that have been solid for me.

1 hour ago, Cairo said:

Agreed.     I have some that I have had over the years thinking they will eventually get better--just has not happened and I still have a couple left over ten years old.

Anejos are the premium Fuentes that have been solid for me.

Agreed again. Anejos is more flavorful. 

Don't love the Anejo - too much of an earthiness for me.  However, they are half (or less than half) the cost of an Opus, so there's that.  I love that sweet & spicy cedar that I get from a well aged Opus though 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tommy_Tao said:

Opus X series are my least favorite high end NCs...

Not saying they're bad, but just nothing touches me.

At this price point, I'd rather have a Pardron. For less money, I have even more options.

What do you think?

Ahh I'm a big fan of Fuente cigars and they're my favorite NC brand, with the Hemmingway line leading the way in terms of value and flavor.  Honestly I'm not a fan of Padron cigars and I'd put them on the top of my least favorite high end NC's.  I think I paid 20ish for the Opus and was in the 30-50s for some Padron 1964 anniversary series or something?  

Oh yea any cigar under 20?  Seems like there's quite a few cigars I'd rather smoke!  I'll point out that I also haven't been impressed with Oliva cigars, which also seem to be pretty popular.  Maybe there's something I don't like with those 2 brands but man I see so many recommendations for those two and I just dont get it.  

Still kind of want to try the other OpusX/God of fire lines though lol.  Are they all pretty similar?

16 minutes ago, ChangBang said:

Ahh I'm a big fan of Fuente cigars and they're my favorite NC brand, with the Hemmingway line leading the way in terms of value and flavor.  Honestly I'm not a fan of Padron cigars and I'd put them on the top of my least favorite high end NC's.  I think I paid 20ish for the Opus and was in the 30-50s for some Padron 1964 anniversary series or something?  

Oh yea any cigar under 20?  Seems like there's quite a few cigars I'd rather smoke!  I'll point out that I also haven't been impressed with Oliva cigars, which also seem to be pretty popular.  Maybe there's something I don't like with those 2 brands but man I see so many recommendations for those two and I just dont get it.  

Still kind of want to try the other OpusX/God of fire lines though lol.  Are they all pretty similar?

Well. I 100% respect that you're a Fuente fan. These two divisions among NC smokers are both significant. I actually like a lot Fuentes as well, although don't think OpusX lives up to the hype.

But speaking of value, I can't agree. For most OpusX, they're more than 20 USD and I don't even have enough chances to buy them (living outside the states). And for most Padron higer end stuff like 1964 & 1926, I can easily find them under 20 USD from online retailers. Family Reserve series may reach 30 USD but on average they're definitely cheaper.

Oliva is a big manufacturer in the industry, but its quality cannot be compared with previous two. I do recommend their Small Batch series and V series though. Worth smoking and aging.

God of Fire are more of a marketing success, which I dislike. Aged leaf, good rolling work and fancy package are not wrong, but I won't pay the premium while taste isn't amazing. Oh BTW they are like OpusX in many ways, so both are not amazing IMO.

2 hours ago, Tommy_Tao said:

Well. I 100% respect that you're a Fuente fan. These two divisions among NC smokers are both significant. I actually like a lot Fuentes as well, although don't think OpusX lives up to the hype.

But speaking of value, I can't agree. For most OpusX, they're more than 20 USD and I don't even have enough chances to buy them (living outside the states). And for most Padron higer end stuff like 1964 & 1926, I can easily find them under 20 USD from online retailers. Family Reserve series may reach 30 USD but on average they're definitely cheaper.

Oliva is a big manufacturer in the industry, but its quality cannot be compared with previous two. I do recommend their Small Batch series and V series though. Worth smoking and aging.

God of Fire are more of a marketing success, which I dislike. Aged leaf, good rolling work and fancy package are not wrong, but I won't pay the premium while taste isn't amazing. Oh BTW they are like OpusX in many ways, so both are not amazing IMO.

Price being equal would you still choose a Padron higher end vs Opus?  I'd take a AF Hemmingway Signature over any Padron I've had so far.  I got both from a local store around me, kind of unfair to compare store prices to online prices haha. 

Had most of Oliva lines...not impressed.  I have a bunch because they're highly recommended and I bought a bunch of random cigars when I got back into cigars, but yea to me theyre not worth having around.  I'll take a much cheaper JLP over em any day of the week!

Ahhh gotcha, I'm not quite sure on the different lines since I was out of the hobby for a while.  Just seen pictures of blue Opus bands, God of Fire bands, double banded ones etc.

21 hours ago, ChangBang said:

Price being equal would you still choose a Padron higher end vs Opus?  I'd take a AF Hemmingway Signature over any Padron I've had so far.  I got both from a local store around me, kind of unfair to compare store prices to online prices haha. 

Had most of Oliva lines...not impressed.  I have a bunch because they're highly recommended and I bought a bunch of random cigars when I got back into cigars, but yea to me theyre not worth having around.  I'll take a much cheaper JLP over em any day of the week!

Ahhh gotcha, I'm not quite sure on the different lines since I was out of the hobby for a while.  Just seen pictures of blue Opus bands, God of Fire bands, double banded ones etc.

I have many show pony smokers around me so I had the chances to try out the different new bands of high end Fuentes. Mostly overpriced, which makes regular OpusX a good bargain LOL!

If OpusX and Padron are the same price, I'd still go for Padron. Simply because I personally prefer heavier flavors. :P