Temperature Issues in new cooler

laguitoNo1

Greetings,

I just acquired an Audew 300 count cigar cooler and I desire to keep my sticks at 60rh/70degrees, but the problem Inam facing is keeping the cabinet at 70 degrees. Summer is approaching and I like to keep my home at around 68-70 degrees. Since this unit does not have a heater how could I go about keeping the cabinet at a steady 70?

The unit is currently being seasoned with distilled water and soaked sponges with distilled water in plastic containers. I’m approaching the first week of seasoning and plan to season for two weeks total. 

If I can’t achieve 70 degree in the unit what should my rh be if I want my sticks to be at around 9-11% moisture content. Will I have to lower the temperature in the cabinet and increase the rh to achieve my desired pmc? 

1 hour ago, SoCal Gunner said:

Why do you want 70°???

Because I ordered a ton of 60rh beads, but after reading some of @PigFish’s posts the actual rh on the package doesn’t mean the rh will be 60. I figured 60/70F would give me drier cigars and since my home is around 68-70F it would be easier to maintain my Audew at 70F but it’s actually cooler than the ambient temperature in my home. 

33 minutes ago, B44 said:

^^^what he said. 62/65 or 62/62. Get a 3 320g bovedas and some 60g spread around your singles tray. Set to 61/62 and you’re golden. Colder is better than warmer in my book. 

I’m not going to use Boveda packs. After  reading some I would like to keep my cooler around 65-68F @ 55-58rh.

15 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I have watched this video twice. I even have the graph he showed in it. According to his graph if I keep my temperature around 65-68F and my rh around 55-58 my sticks will be at the pmc I prefer. 

In retrospect I should have got a newair that has heating capabilities. 

Cooler temperatures with those beads may work just fine. See where the RH settles in first and let you cigars get acclimated and then give a few a try to see how they are. Maybe there is nothing to worry about but you won’t know until you see how it works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just took all of the dishes of DW and sponges out of my humidor yesterday.. seasoned for 14 days without opening it..

While seasoning the humidor was holding about 92% rh, now it’s holding 88 without the water and sponges. Will the rh decrease or will I have to periodically keep the door open for a few hours? My humidification media (beads) are now neutral after putting them in the oven for a few hours.