WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Who Said That? Comp - Week #32.


WST?#32  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Every week we're going to have a poll about a certain quote and who said it. Could be a famous quote from history, a line from a movie or a song, the opening line to a novel, something very topical, etc... 

We'll create a poll with the quote and a question based on it, from the answer options you just have to pick the correct one. :thumbsup:

Voters who pick correctly go into the draw for an El Pres Sampler!! :party:   (Drawn Tuesday morning, Brisbane time. Please note: Polls don't show on Tapatalk, but you can participate via a web version of the site)

NO GOOGLING!! And it may not help you anyway - depending on how tricky we get with the question. We're using the honour system. It's just a bit of fun. If you know, you know. If you don't, have a stab in the dark or an educated guess (if you prefer that term ;)). 

You may elaborate about your choice in the topic thread below if you wish but no posting of anything that gives the answer away to those who haven't voted.

Now you know the drill, vote away!  

Good luck!! :cigar:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m guessing it was one of the four listed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd be right though not the one I picked.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A fairly tough one this week.

But I'm not sure if it was a real quote, or just one that's been attributed to someone long enough that it's become 'real'.  

Still, good luck everyone. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And....I got it wrong.... :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, now I have a chance to win one of these


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too! A 25% chance... 😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2021 at 5:07 PM, MoeFOH said:

Yep, folks, I've been alerted to the fact that this week's quote is a misattributed one (bloody internet). I'll keep the comp running, vote on as normal, but there will be no wrong answers this week - everyone goes into the draw. Hooray for stuff-ups! :party:

What!!!?   Half the management schools have this poster in one of their classrooms.  This is a famous line, are you saying Kennedy didn’t ask us what we could for our country too?  Outrageous accusation!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like a line that would apply to him very much but he sounds too humble a man to make the boast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bijan said:

It sounds like a line that would apply to him very much but he sounds too humble a man to make the boast.

You did this didn’t you Bijan.  You found some rando’ post on Google because you got the answer wrong...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

You did this didn’t you Bijan.  You found some rando’ post on Google because you got the answer wrong...

It's snopes.com a famous internet debunking site, but no it wasn't me 😂🤣😂

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lincoln-character-power/

I probably would have googled it, if it hadn't been for your first comment. I knew exactly who you meant so didn't google the quote.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, this week was your chance to fail upwards... every answer had a chance to be the winner as allegedly the quote is misattributed to Lincoln. I don't know anything for sure except if we hadn't run it this way the conjecture fallout would have been a pain in the arse. Lol. :cigar:

I'll address the issue of more thorough research and attempt to behave better next time. :yes:

Anyhow... to the random draw winner... that went to @KavalanWhisky !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details (name, address, and email) to me, and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who participated. Next (hopefully correct) quote will be up soon - stay tuned! :thumbsup:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • MoeFOH changed the title to WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Who Said That? Comp - Week #32.
4 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Yep, this week was your chance to fail upwards... every answer had a chance to be the winner as allegedly the quote is misattributed to Lincoln. I don't know anything for sure except if we hadn't run it this way the conjecture fallout would have been a pain in the arse. Lol. :cigar:

I'll address the issue of more thorough research and attempt to behave better next time. :yes:

Anyhow... to the random draw winner... that went to @KavalanWhisky !!

Congrats!! :party:

Please PM your details (name, address, and email) to me, and we'll arrange dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who participated. Next (hopefully correct) quote will be up soon - stay tuned! :thumbsup:

Well now you know Moe, and knowing is half the battle.

Cheers @KavalanWhisky!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

I'll address the issue of more thorough research and attempt to behave better next time. :yes:

WTF?  - Abraham Lincoln

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.