Help ID - Pre-Embargo Hoyo De Monterrey items.

Those are really spectacular pieces. 

The first one is 1931-1961 based on the seal. That's all I can tell from that. 

The second, the style is art-deco, so it would be mid-1920s at an absolute minimum, but there are a few cigars in there that were brought into post-Rev production so I would guess closer to 1960s than 1920s. 

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

The first one is 1931-1961 based on the seal. That's all I can tell from that. 

The second, the style is art-deco, so it would be mid-1920s at an absolute minimum, but there are a few cigars in there that were brought into post-Rev production so I would guess closer to 1960s than 1920s. 

I agree with those ballparks.

Total speculation: the percentage of figurados in the lines peaked at about 90% in the early 1930s and declined after that. Given that it is about 80% in the salesman case I'd say that's probably 1930s or early 40s. It's down to about 40% by the time of the display, so that's perhaps 50s somewhere.

I have an old Hoyo catalogue here if anyone wants to try and identify things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ATGroom said:

It's down to about 40% by the time of the display, so that's perhaps 50s somewhere.

Excellent observations. I would point out that art deco was rapidly going out of style by the early 1950s, so coupled with your vitola analysis I would probably put this late 40s-early 50s. 

That salesman case is an amazing piece for display. Absolutely gorgeous with a tremendous variety of cigars. 

Not that it would be fun to lug that case around, but I would sign up to be a cigar salesman like that immediately!

I'm lost for words, 

I, like many on here have studied and gazed over endless images of vintage CC items,  but these have to be some of the most, complete, grand in scale, and historically important (as a in reference tools) out there. 

Just stunning.

Usually applaud that Chinese collectors seem to smoke through whatever they buy, no matter how rare, I think thats great........But a really hope whoever buys these keeps them untouched.

Thanks for putting these up on a thread, fantastic!