Have you ever want to slap yourself for not pulling the trigger on some cigars?

A few times. In the past I bought whenever I could.  The one that sticks out to me is passing up on two 2008 boxes of Esplendidos @500USD each back in 2013.  By the time I decided to go for it, they were gone.  :(  

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. 2010. Charles de Gaulle airport. Like Gojira, it doesn't happen to me much anymore!

At Le Roi du Cigars Brussels in 2006. Sitting in the humidor for sale at only €15,000. Couldn't really see myself splashing that much at the time. Can't imagine what these go for today.

Pretty much everything in this picture. Why didn’t you buy them? ”On account’a.” On account’a? “Yeah, on account’a I didn’t have any money...” 😔

So so many missed, years ago when i was very new to the hobby. Decided to start buying and go to Andorra, but my wallet for cigars wasn't huge at that time, as my knowledge too. Scdh Muralla, Mercaderes and Oficios, Bolivar Inmensas, Partagas Seleccion Privada n°1 & Churchills de Luxe, a box of Monte A for a ridiculous price ( around $20 / stick), Lgc Mdo n°2, 5 boxes of SLR Lonsdales, and all the treasures i wasn't able to notify, certainly some top-level 50 cabs, EL/ ER ( as the RA Petit Allones, i remember it was priced at 185e!), CoLa & Siglo V 2007, Scdh El Morro, Cuaba Diademas, SP Belicosos 2001, Trinidad Topes EL (among my biggest fail and regrets!!).

Endless listing, eternal regrets!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

When were they 350? Not even sure Cuba had them at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$490 in Cuba in 2013.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130504205713/http://yulcigars.blogspot.com/

Edit: Haven't managed to go any farther back.

Edit 2: It was a little less than that in 2012 from online vendors.

6 hours ago, havanaclub said:

I recall them being in the 300s around 2006-2008. It's a bit deceptive because they had a huge price increase around 2017. Up until then they were priced about 10% higher than Siglo V. Now they're almost double Siglo V. 

The other one I now recall is a partial humidor of 1492 (42 cigars I believe) for around $7-8k at auction in 2009. 

I bought a 50 cab of 1994 Hoyo du Prince for $450 at that same auction and a box of late 70s Party Londres Finos for $200. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Hmm, I may have been off a little. But pretty darn close.

24 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Up until then they were priced about 10% higher than Siglo V. Now they're almost double Siglo V. 

May explain why Siglo V is in short supply/limited production given the current relative prices in that line.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bijan said:

May explain why Siglo V is in short supply/limited production given the current relative prices in that line.

Siglo V 25s have been the least available model for over the last 5 years. I suppose the lack of preference for Dalias might have something to do with that. I just know until about 2017 Siglo I-VI pricing was pretty consistent by weight. Now the V is a little more than I-IV and the VI is sky high.

• Like 2

Many times. And don't ask about the cigars I sold. But then again, I've done the best i could at the time in question and I do have some very nice cigars.

On 3/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, havanaclub said:

I paid $350 mid 2009 from FOH for a OCT 08 box

• Like 1

When I started buying cigars back in 2014 I was only buying singles and would never dream of buying boxes.  My friend told me to buy some Cohiba 1966 boxes for $645 and I was like are you crazy! $65 for a stick, no thank you!  Now I cry every time i see a box on BR and I could have bought multiple as they were just sitting on shelves in HK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bond Roberts about 6 months ago.  I regret not plugging a higher bid on Vegas Robaina 5th Avenue 15th Anniv Edition from Germany. I was tied up and lost the auction in the last 5 minutes by $5 and I’ll probably never see those again.  Still hurts.  

28 minutes ago, KavalanWhisky said:

When I started buying cigars back in 2014 I was only buying singles and would never dream of buying boxes.  My friend told me to buy some Cohiba 1966 boxes for $645 and I was like are you crazy! $65 for a stick, no thank you!  Now I cry every time i see a box on BR and I could have bought multiple as they were just sitting on shelves in HK.

Up till 2 years ago I noticed them in shops for HK$10000/box (~US$1200). Still wouldn't have been an insane buy looking at current prices. 

• Sad 1

They were 241 CUC when I bought a few boxes in Havana when they came out. Stacks at every store. I should have filled all my suitcases with nothing but those for the trip home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Meklown said:

Up till 2 years ago I noticed them in shops for HK$10000/box (~US$1200). Still wouldn't have been an insane buy looking at current prices. 

I saw some shops starting to sell them for 20k HKD that's when I knew I had messed up!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KavalanWhisky said:

I saw some shops starting to sell them for 20k HKD that's when I knew I had messed up!

maybe it's time to stock up now before they get to 40k in a couple of years

Yes. Recently. Met that dude who had a walk-in humidor. He had so much Dunhill and Davidoff cuban that he had enough for a lifetime. He decided to take part of these LE and RE. I bought him 3* Trinidad Topes at retail price. He had 3 more boxes. A week later when I wanted to get his last 3 they were of course sold. Hate myself for that. 

3 hours ago, KavalanWhisky said:

My friend told me to buy some Cohiba 1966 boxes for $645 and I was like are you crazy!

I remember thinking the same thing when Rob had the Robustos Supremos for around $460 in 2015. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually had two of stories of regretting. SP Gran Quixote ER suiza and HUPC. I kicked myself several times for not buying those two.
Then a few years later I saw a guy putting up 4 boxes of HUPC in a FB group but they were already sold. Sent him a DM anyway asking if had anything more and he told me one buyer fell through. YES!!!! Told him I wanted the one with TOS code and I got it!

Gran Quixote were sold here in Sweden for $25 a stick. Thought the price was a little high and they were moving slow. Then one day they were gone. Just got some cash flow so I was so ready to buy them. A guy here was asking about the GQ and I asked him where I could buy them. He responded and looking no story short I got 11 sticks for $20 a stick. They should arrive tomorrow. It was perfect because they had 15 left and he just wanted to buy some singles so it was a match made in heaven.

Maybe I regret not buying a 5 year old CORO box for $750. SLR serie A 20 cigars for $300. 2003 box of siglo III for $400-500, something like that. ERdM Grandes de Espania for $17 a stick. Think there were about 20 left in the box. But I’m not to mad about it. I’m not a rich person and I have to mange my money carefully. In hindsight I can’t afford to buy all the things I regret not buying. And I also think about how proud I am for pulling the trigger when I could. Even at times when I shouldn’t. I have party SdC no2, boli bretanicas extra ER, boli Tesoro ER, gold medal 05, punch Coronas from 99, ERdM PC from 98 and so on. But those grande de espania hurts a little...

• Like 2

I want to slap myself right now ! All I know , is if a new box shows up at the house. I'm dead meat as far as my wife is concerned.... 

I purchased a box of Monte #2 with RAT NOV20 that were amazing ROTT. Wasn’t going to miss out, so I didn’t hesitate to order another. Only this time it’s RAT FEB 20. We’ll see how that goes.