TV's greatest character

Ken Gargett

who is TV's greatest character  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

with the passing of jessica walter from arrested development and archer, i was thinking about just who was our greatest TV character. have a feeling we did something on this once before years ago. 

so i have put up some alternatives. sadly she was not one, but close (can't top archer himself). 

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the only Alf I know:

Not on the list?

Come on, Ron Swanson! Nobody else has captured our lifestyle like any other. “I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-ounce T-bone and a 24-ounce porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am

lord spare me. for reasons unbeknownst to me, the site locked in both posts before i had finished and would not let me edit - am i on suspension again? 

anyway, i think some cracking choices here. and i was stopped before i could add - other. if you want other, you need to be specific. 

interesting that so many are not the lead character, but i suspect that without them, the series would have been far less successful.

for me, i went Ari Gold. he is truly priceless. and without him, i suspect that Entourage would have folded years earlier and simply been some tosser celebrity vehicle. he was brilliant. 

• Like 1

Had to go with TS, unquestionably.  With any “greatest” or “best” tv poll, the answer is always Sopranos, doesn’t matter the topic.  Ari Gold is 1B, however

Come on, Ron Swanson!

Nobody else has captured our lifestyle like any other.

• “I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-ounce T-bone and a 24-ounce porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American.”
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, RichG-LI-NY said:

I voted George Costanza, solely because Frank Costanza was not an option.

Honorable mention to Ari Gold...agreed on his brilliance really making Entourage. 

Stiller was great in King of Queens. Still kills me! 

I can't see past Homer Simpson for pure influence, even if the show has been dire for 15+ years

I know there caveats on these things with global influence; there will be an Indian character out there that westerners will never have heard of but the sheer population there would create a winner based on numbers etc. 

I've never seen anything Seinfeld so wouldn't be even able to name a character, but that's going to be a generation thing with me

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Come on, Ron Swanson!

Nobody else has captured our lifestyle like any other.

• “I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-ounce T-bone and a 24-ounce porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American.”

waiter, you have served me the food my food eats! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

what generation hasn't seen anything Seinfeld? Under 20 years old or older than 80 years old? 

I’m a solid 42 and haven’t seen more than 5-10 minutes of it. I know I’m an outlier. Same for The Office (either version)...before that conversation inevitably starts 

I’m a solid 42 and haven’t seen more than 5-10 minutes of it. I know I’m an outlier. Same for The Office (either version)...before that conversation inevitably starts 

Same on both shows for me but not the age, I wish I was a solid 42

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2