TV's greatest character

Ken Gargett

who is TV's greatest character  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I saw the topic title I immediately thought Columbo. But not on the list so it was a tossup between Archer and Costanza, went with George

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the only Alf I know:

Not on the list?

Come on, Ron Swanson! Nobody else has captured our lifestyle like any other. “I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-ounce T-bone and a 24-ounce porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am

29 minutes ago, helix said:

Winchester ? Really ? Mash one the greatest tv shows ever , and in that case Hawkeye. Look up subjective and you will get a question with greatest in it. LOL.

i started this thinking about the more minor roles that helped carry a series, which is why i went charles E. hawkeye is a classic as well but i thought he went a bit too preachy for a lot of the last few seasons. 

walter white obviously one that could have been included here as well. 

• Like 2

Smooth move on the relo to the “Arts” sub. Not sure I’ve ever opened this one up...down the rabbit hole I go. I hope @Fuzz doesn’t ban me for all the necro posts that may ensue....

Just now, BigGuns said:

Smooth move on the relo to the “Arts” sub. Not sure I’ve ever opened this one up...down the rabbit hole I go. I hope @Fuzz doesn’t ban me for all the necro posts that may ensue....

i didn't even know we had an arts section, let alone how to move it there. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Thank you! 😉

3 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i didn't even know we had an arts section, let alone how to move it there. 

We have our ways! 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LLC said:

Checked out the list and went with Tony S. I really need to watch the whole series again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I just finished watching all the way through again. 

for the 6th time. 

20 hours ago, Woody Hayes said:

Are we forgetting Larry Hagman as JR Ewing?

Just an excellent, despised individual.  Fans loved Dallas.

no, not forgetting. you can go other and put up anyone you like.

1 hour ago, triphitter said:

Buffy is an insult to all on the list, but mostly Georgie boy and Tony.

as in buffy should win, or shouldn't be there? 

i will defend that option with my dying breath. great show, at least the first 3-4 seasons and one of the great characters. 

50 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

as in buffy should win, or shouldn't be there? 

i will defend that option with my dying breath. great show, at least the first 3-4 seasons and one of the great characters. 

Shouldn’t be in, let the defense commence.

Just now, triphitter said:

Shouldn’t be in, let the defense commence.

we'll start with its my thread so i can put anyone i like in! 

it was a cracking show, although the last few seasons certainly saw a drop in quality. though there are few shows i think that avoid this. 

may i ask, and not trying to be offensive, did you watch it? 

9 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

we'll start with its my thread so i can put anyone i like in! 

it was a cracking show, although the last few seasons certainly saw a drop in quality. though there are few shows i think that avoid this. 

may i ask, and not trying to be offensive, did you watch it? 

We’re talking Sarah Michelle Gellar here, correct?

Watched it? Ehh, def seen it but no religious with it. Certainly never cumulatively watched a season. But, that’s my defense for my original comment. George and Tony were colossal characters.

Just now, triphitter said:

We’re talking Sarah Michelle Gellar here, correct?

Watched it? Ehh, def seen it but no religious with it. Certainly never cumulatively watched a season. But, that’s my defense for my original comment. George and Tony were colossal characters.

i remember when it started. bit of a curiosity. started slow. but then very quickly gained traction and became huge. i'd suggest that at the time, she was a much bigger cult figure than either tony s or george. but it was very much a love it or hate it show (i would have said love it or had not seen it show but i understand that there were some who didn't take to it). it was a very funny show in those early seasons. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i remember when it started. bit of a curiosity. started slow. but then very quickly gained traction and became huge. i'd suggest that at the time, she was a much bigger cult figure than either tony s or george. but it was very much a love it or hate it show (i would have said love it or had not seen it show but i understand that there were some who didn't take to it). it was a very funny show in those early seasons. 

Bigger? In what country?

more seriously, if you look at ratings, the early series of buffy topped sopranos from the figures i could find but sopranos overtook it for the last 3-4 seasons. which i think sums it up. sopranos just got better and better and buffy had a golden period and then declined. 

but you will not i did have all of these in the list. i am certainly not downplaying seinfeld/sopranos etc. i firmly believe that buffy, different it might be, sits among these shows (and in doing the list, i knew full well that almost no one would agree with the entire thing. no fun if they did). 

12 minutes ago, triphitter said:

I’ll give it to you @Ken Gargett, you were not lying...you will defend it to your dying breath

maybe I’ll rewatch an episode 

i will concede that occasionally i get a smidge obsessive when given the opportunity to enjoy a good debate about something. no offence intended. and if i have got you to give buffy another crack, that is reward in itself. 

On 3/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, Ken Gargett said:

more seriously, if you look at ratings, the early series of buffy topped sopranos from the figures i could find but sopranos overtook it for the last 3-4 seasons. which i think sums it up. sopranos just got better and better and buffy had a golden period and then declined. 

An important footnote here is that the Sopranos was on a premium cable network (HBO - limited access to the masses) and Buffy was on free network television.  Sopranos was handicapped from this perspective and still had a massive impact.

Just now, BigGuns said:

An important footnote here is that the Sopranos was on a premium cable network (HBO - limited access to the masses) and Buffy was on free network television.  Sopranos was handicapped from this perspective and still had a massive impact.

i knew that HBO had the Sopranos in the States - here both were free to air (late night stuff but free) - but i had no idea about where buffy was shown. kudos to sopranos for really being the show that kicked off the trend to enable shows to be shown in that manner. i guess the ultimate example is game of thrones and you have to think that no sopranos success, no game of thrones at all.