TV's greatest character

Ken Gargett

who is TV's greatest character  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So true. That can be said for a lot of shows that have been mentioned here - GoT, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, and on and on and on...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the only Alf I know:

Not on the list?

Come on, Ron Swanson! Nobody else has captured our lifestyle like any other. “I call this turf ‘n’ turf. It’s a 16-ounce T-bone and a 24-ounce porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am

Tom Sellek- Magnum P.I. TC, Higgins, Rick. Great show back in the day. They relaunched it again in 2018 and turning it into a hallow shell of it's former sellf just like Hawaii Five'O

John Hillerman, Snooty Sidekick on 'Magnum, P.I.,' Dies at 84 - The New  York Times

my favorites.

image.png

image.png

Too many great characters to choose a best. A few of my favorites. 

21 minutes ago, RedLantern said:

Lack of any character from "The Wire" is concerning!

the fact you say "any character" might be a clue. in almost every other instance, one stands out above the rest in the show. plenty of good characters here but seemed more on an ensemble effort. you could say that about the sopranos but tony does soar above. 

i reckon if you proposed one character from 'the wire', others would argue for another. which sort of rules them out. 

2 hours ago, RedLantern said:

Fair point!

it is actually an interesting thing to try and sort out because people don't like to see great shows miss out. it was like cheers, for example. who the hell do you pick? frasier a bit the same but i thought niles just got better and better. and mash. was not going to touch it but as a kid, i loved charles. 

i'm first to admit that my list of contenders is far from definitive. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

it is actually an interesting thing to try and sort out because people don't like to see great shows miss out. it was like cheers, for example. who the hell do you pick? frasier a bit the same but i thought niles just got better and better. and mash. was not going to touch it but as a kid, i loved charles. 

i'm first to admit that my list of contenders is far from definitive. 

Cheers was awesome!

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

agreed. but does any one character stand out? loved them all. you could almost put forward 'sam and diane' as the one character. 

Same with Coach and Woody. Loved Norm's one liners and Cliffs analysis and weird facts. Carla and her ex husband (Nick Tortelli) tough mouths. Sam, Dianne and Rebecca (Kirsty Alley) love triangle. And of Course Frasier and Paul Krapence and a pile of special guests. 

I'm glad I found Cheers and several other 70's and 80's shows on my Plex Media Server. I found:

• All in the Family
  • Benny Hill Show,
  • Bosom Buddies,
  • Cheers,
  • Fantasy Island,
  • The Fall Guy,
  • The Greatest American Hero,
  • Hardcastle and McCormick,
  • Highway to Heaven,
  • Hogans Heroes,
  • The Incredible Hulk,
  • The Love Boat,
  • MASH,
  • Magnum PI,
  • Matlock,
  • Miami Vice,
  • Monty Pythons Flying Circus,
  • Moonlighting,
  • Mork & Mindy,
  • Night Court,
  • Quantum Leap,
  • Riptide,
  • Seinfeld,
  • Threes Company,
  • WKRP in Cincinnati, 

I need to see if I can find a few others. Problem is by the time you convert many to digital, the files are so huge that they just take up too much drive space. 

• 3 months later...

My personal favorite characters to watch (Keep in mind, while I find these characters interesting, I don't necessarily like them): Stringer Bell, Omar, Walter White, Gus Fring, Vic Mackey, Tony Soprano, Tywin Lannister, Nucky Thompson, Dexter Morgan, Rick Grimes. Though I now have so little time so cannot watch anything. I am working on a college essay (this resource helps  https://writinguniverse.com/essay-types/ ). Once it's finished, I will have more time to check the recommendations given in this thread

On 4/7/2021 at 10:43 AM, Fosgate said:

Same with Coach and Woody. Loved Norm's one liners and Cliffs analysis and weird facts. Carla and her ex husband (Nick Tortelli) tough mouths. Sam, Dianne and Rebecca (Kirsty Alley) love triangle. And of Course Frasier and Paul Krapence and a pile of special guests. 

I'm glad I found Cheers and several other 70's and 80's shows on my Plex Media Server. I found:

• All in the Family
  • Benny Hill Show,
  • Bosom Buddies,
  • Cheers,
  • Fantasy Island,
  • The Fall Guy,
  • The Greatest American Hero,
  • Hardcastle and McCormick,
  • Highway to Heaven,
  • Hogans Heroes,
  • The Incredible Hulk,
  • The Love Boat,
  • MASH,
  • Magnum PI,
  • Matlock,
  • Miami Vice,
  • Monty Pythons Flying Circus,
  • Moonlighting,
  • Mork & Mindy,
  • Night Court,
  • Quantum Leap,
  • Riptide,
  • Seinfeld,
  • Threes Company,
  • WKRP in Cincinnati, 

I need to see if I can find a few others. Problem is by the time you convert many to digital, the files are so huge that they just take up too much drive space. 

If it is there, watch "Yes, Minister" & "Yes, Prime Minister".

• 1 year later...