Got screwed outta Christmas, so GIVEAWAY!!!

Almost forgot, winner chosen on Monday, April 5 at 2100 GMT

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

That's awesome man!! I'd throw my hat in the ring but there's definitely others who deserve it more. 

Dunno. Those ARS Fundadores are a sight to behold... 🤔

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

That's awesome man!! I'd throw my hat in the ring but there's definitely others who deserve it more. 

Deserve was definitely the wrong choice of words. I edited it to “would enjoy.” 

After seeing Oscar the kitten, Freddie and Ovi and the wiener dog, Debbie has prompted me into some consolation prizes...😀

57 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I was all excited for the giveaway....until I realised it was for cigars and not the rice.

The Asian part of me is very sad. 😞

The only thing I miss about Minnesota. Well, the rice and maybe my sisters... 🤔

B7830E9A-DDBE-429E-8055-98467BC49B94.jpeg

1 hour ago, sho671 said:

What if no one comes up with a deserving reason? Because I’m not sure what would make one deserving of free cigars, but I definitely don’t fit the bill.

Bad choice of words. Yeah, all FOH are deserving of these... 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I was all excited for the giveaway....until I realised it was for cigars and not the rice.

The Asian part of me is very sad. 😞

Not rice Fuzz, wild rice.  It’s almost black with a firm shell that pops open a little when you cook it.  For those of us that have/had a lake cottage in northern Wisconsin or Minnesota, we see it growing in the shallows and in the channels between the lakes.  Our old cottage was in Manitowish Waters and we fished on Wild Rice Lake every day we were up there. Good stuff and since Chas is from Minnesota, I’m betting he knows just how to cook it. A great side dish for fish or poultry. I’ll put my name in the hat for the giveaway if Chas will send his recipe too. 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sho671 said:

Well I’m living the bachelor life with no pets or anything cute to share so good lock to everyone else.

Just snatch a pic off of the internet. My wife won’t know the difference! 🤣

Come one, come all. I will be sending these to a FOH next Tuesday...

• Haha 3

DC's are my fav size and preferred smoke. Good flavor and by the time you get to the end I'm ready to put it down and fully content. All three are on my list to collect though I have not tried two of those. Trying to find DC's seems to be getting tougher and tougher and more expensive. much longer and many will beyond the pricepoint I'm willing to spend. The Trinidads are already there for me. They would certainly make a nice special occasion cigar. 

Wild rice cassarole??? I love it but the only time I get to eat a decent recipe is a biannual meeting my company has at Craguns Resort, Brainard MN. Unfortunatly one has to tolerate being at the resort itself. The drunkfest is ok with the exception of the distance it is held from my room and I'm usually considerably more sober that I'd like to be by the time I get back to it. 

I usually opt for what we call the "Lyndon B. Johnson" Suite. You can immediatly see why by this photo. 

Sofa in a room was threadbare and in need of replacing. - Picture of Cragun's  Resort on Gull Lake, East Gull Lake - Tripadvisor

This place is straight out of the 1960's-70's resort and buffett. It's like stying in a time capsule from the 1960's-70's all the way down to the buffet with hot dishes, cassaroles and jello molds. Only place I have been to that still serves "funeral meat sandwiches," (Ham Salad) and I havn't had those since the 70's. 

Anyway, we should be up late summer to go but I doubt we will because of COVID. 2019 I came from out west and made it to Sioux Falls and dropped off a drunk coworker at her hotel on the south end of Sioux Falls and I went to my Hotel on the North end of town. Half hour later a storm hit and I get a call from said drunk coworker standing in the lobby of her hotel freaking out how windy it looked outside and tornado sirens are going off. I told her she should probably seek shelter. "You sure?" she asked. Yup. The next morning I went and picked her up to goto the local office. Needless to say several tornadoes hit and as Insurance Claim Adjusters we staying in SIoux Falls for a few days and the meeting in Brainard was cancelled. 

First tornadoes in 18 years hit Sioux Falls, leaving destruction in their  wake - ABC News

Anyway, It'll be 4 years without a decent wild rice cassarole. So if you don't send cigars a good wild rice recipe would be appreciated. 

As far as my guy. Doing what he does best. 

N8-S-g4TuAyzXj1gk_qp-ZcLaQ06vUCKrzEa5n-yEj8HHyGoVOfvGuShOTHzgOrv-m3spQtq3F2zppgTmKJYwxrAnS5WK6xOdZArBhenOVWn_0D4r_esuvxuMC3XHatk9JgPys7b0JXkvsRuQTmJjQsrYPFt2m5htKyBxlKd2z0V1GYZsz18GVEgUHWXdap0FjsL1Ja0taMLTACCInb-ED6bJSdVym_mxZHyAjNtk1zFjn8FrRFO9ghhdZid8r96h80yWQhd69MscztgsbET6F2IlqPQzjPGlTpEU9E-GRBQW37k9aT14MerFeqcTl6Yjt_2HsnBE_kRfHY4iwzq226z2Ei1z5wWjXBJ4DQftR_7R1uzEhcfxJdfGfWIp4TojPfVdUw_ocazv5i7jFSwgreRGQzfjrsNB4Nw6SdVBg9rEM0svienAQ2mu7iBbdRSJca3nRv3aPYLO2OVrPZVQZbmP1CWHVYwb0nm-eipp-uDdfLF8WbdyNIy-jVjUg6CG6EenP6NH-s22uEbhMTLnMRRMlR6w4V9uYqzKH_nMnpMlS2hNoj-T-d2yho6IHLH9EXScKdvmF9zZ7hexngCIKqHfFGnz5YngPKzeYq6AO2C95Lw6M9wtASr3_woTPqNfyqUgG2vR9XmoT-hehy1fV3RpDFwdu3oqLh9BmI0uUVjzqt4zOY_2I6GraMyQB0oAijjhDyxrTlPrmx_Q6DtosN8=w1600-h900-no?authuser=0

• Like 4

I will shamelessly throw my hat into the ring, simply because I have never sampled any of the three cigars you missed sharing over the holidays. If I can help ease this loss in some way by sharing your stash with me, I am happy to help a brother of the leaf out. To help advance my shameless plea, I am including my partner in crime's picture. My constant companion for the past 5 years, he is spoiled rotten.

886674932_JJ1.thumb.jpg.8d114926b9f112b769c73237e9e48ad5.jpg

Kinda looks like a Churchill, doesn't it?

20200318_173734.thumb.jpg.2f262b9a6b9e59306b0414bdcf4ba8da.jpg

Can you really say no to that face?

• Like 3

I don't think that I am deserving of these cigars as I've been doing well even with the state of the world. However, I wanted share a funny Christmas story. 

Every year my family submits our Christmas lists so everyone can get an idea of what to gift each other. I had the usual: tech, tools, games, etc. I also has a couple clothing items, one being flannel shirts, but I just wrote down "flannels." Not thinking anything of it, I gave my Christmas list in and did my shopping. 

Come Christmas morning, it was time to open gifts. I take pride in getting my family quality and nice things, because they deserve it. My sister and I usually open our gifts first, together. She opened my gift, excited to receive a brand new Apple iPad, battery pack, case, wine, and some other trinkets. I open her gift, to receive 4 pairs of flannel pajamas pants and a gift card. Then I went on to receive 2 more complete sets of flannel pajamas from my parents. Apparently my family's first thought to the word "flannels" was nightwear. We all had a laugh as I explained to them that I meant shirts. Oh well. It was a memorable Christmas for sure.  Family, am I right? 

Even though that year's Christmas was a bust, I sleep comfortably knowing that my sister was enjoyed her gifts.

• Like 2

Wow!

I've not had any CC of that size, much less such good looking examples. I've had a fair amount of smaller Trinidad and RyJ, but only a couple of Punch. I'd tuck them into a dark slightly moist box for as long as I could stand and then set fire to them, either around a smoker full of meat or a campfire.

Please, post up that wild rice recipe and maybe a link to gets some appropriate rice, that sounds perfect for the holiday.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 11:12 AM, Chibearsv said:

Not rice Fuzz, wild rice.  It’s almost black with a firm shell that pops open a little when you cook it.  For those of us that have/had a lake cottage in northern Wisconsin or Minnesota, we see it growing in the shallows and in the channels between the lakes.  Our old cottage was in Manitowish Waters and we fished on Wild Rice Lake every day we were up there. Good stuff and since Chas is from Minnesota, I’m betting he knows just how to cook it. A great side dish for fish or poultry. I’ll put my name in the hat for the giveaway if Chas will send his recipe too. 😁

The Asian in me is even sadder now. 😭

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, PigFish said:

1259067520_ConnieandRayattheParade.thumb.png.d2bf84b73aa5448f1453e8344fda6bb7.png

I'll have to show the wife this picture.  She absolutely loves mini horses.  Something about their butts according to her.  I understand why you'd get mobbed, they're very cute.

• Like 1