Another Petit Robusto. Not to keen on those as I have enough PRs in my stash. Might buy just one box to try them if the price is right but I get my annual PR fix out of the Spanish REs and they are more than sufficient since I don't smoke a lot of cigars in that size (although I could use a box of Short de Punch, yeah I'm contradicting myself 😏). I did a head count of my PR stash the other day and have close to 300 which isn't too far away from 10% of my total cigar stash. Maybe it's time to smoke more of them.... 🤪

I'll stick to PL Picadores which go for 6CUC/stick.  If these aren't priced in the single digit range, I'll pass.

• Like 1

I like the marca and the new size as well as the availability in boxes of ten. Not sure why, but I get more fun out of two boxes of ten than one of 25, even if it's not the most economical approach.

These are on my potential "buy" list, if they're not too outrageously priced.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PurosyVino said:

I'll stick to PL Picadores which go for 6CUC/stick.  If these aren't priced in the single digit range, I'll pass.

Besides Cohiba and Trinidad, all robusto-sized cigars cost under 10 cuc. There's no way this is going double digit. Not in Cuba. Everywhere else though...

This looks very similar to the LFDC Elegidos. New vitola, SBN-10--hoping this isn't a short-filler. PL does do short fillers and the cut of the Panetelas might make them start stuffing that leaf into these. 

If they're long-filler, they seem to be priced pretty much in line with the Short de Punch and QdO 50, so that's fine I suppose. 

@ATGroom might want to update that entry. Looks like it's 52 x 120 and a Galanes vitola.

• Thanks 1

The older I get, the more I appreciate the simple corona and thinner gauges.  I will continue to buy the PLPC as long as they are available. 

This may be a warning to buy a few cabs of PLPC though.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

The Ratio of Cigar to Packaging continues its downward trend. That's ALOT of box for 10 little cigars. 

Way higher profit margins here than a 50 cab of PLPC, similar wrapper sizes, I'm guessing we see WAY less PLPC in the wild over the next few years. Great...........

I'm glad I got a PLPC cab in 2020. And at a great price, may I add. I know some people here have multiple boxes (many!) but I'm glad that I at least have one almost full cab.

• Like 1

I’ll buy a box to give them a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to trying these. Hope they strike a chord with me like the short de punch has

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Chucko8 said:

I'm looking forward to trying these. Hope they strike a chord with me like the short de punch has

I'm looking forward to trying these. Hope they strike a chord with me unlike how the short de punch has didn't

• Like 1

I was tempted to try one as they have landed in the PCC lounges but when I saw the price gouging for HK I think I'll just wait to try and snag one on 24:24...

Hate it when they charge that much difference to the rest of the world, if it was 1.5 times more then I would accept but close to 3x the price that's ridiculous!!

• Like 2

HSA's new dumb idea is taking a mm off every 50-52 RG vitola and calling it a new vitola. Was a 52 x 115 Magicos not good enough? No, we need a 52 x 120 Galanes. 

Can't do a D No. 5 or a Robustos, no, Punch needs a 50 x 120 Paraisos. 

Good to hear these are long filler at least. These days there always seems to be a catch.

I have a 2015 box of D5 that I've not touched as every time I'm like I fancy something a little bit more to smoke and I don't want to smoke 2 cigars on a week night....

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

HSA's new dumb idea is taking a mm off every 50-52 RG vitola and calling it a new vitola. Was a 52 x 115 Magicos not good enough? No, we need a 52 x 120 Galanes. 

Can't do a D No. 5 or a Robustos, no, Punch needs a 50 x 120 Paraisos. 

I wonder if it's a simplistic way to counter counterfeits? 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Meklown said:

I wonder if it's a simplistic way to counter counterfeits? 

Didn't stop BHK counterfeiters. Besides, no one's counterfeiting Por Larranaga. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Didn't stop BHK counterfeiters. Besides, no one's counterfeiting Por Larranaga. 

I guess it's overly simplistic/not commonplace but counterfeiters could
1. Buy any robusto, sell it as a coro
2. Take advantage of the initial hype/spike in demand/price and relabel any robusto as a fake PL

Many other possibilities, but it probably does help to weed out the lazy/amateur ones. 

• Like 1